Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Anyone get an iPhone? - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Just wondering if anyone got an iPhone. The store by me (MI ave, Chicago) shut down at 2p than reopened at 6p. There was a line down the block! I resigned a few months ago with Sprint so I prob won't get one for a while but, they look dope.

geposted Sat 30 Jun 07 @ 3:21 am
yes i got one, posting this message with it.

geposted Mon 02 Jul 07 @ 4:17 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
so that 600$ brick actually works!

just kidding.

Hope we'll get iPhone soon in Europe.

geposted Wed 04 Jul 07 @ 11:58 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
you cant use sms with it thats sucky

geposted Wed 04 Jul 07 @ 12:14 pm
k_onePRO InfinityMember since 2006
actually, you can use SMS but it doesn't support MMS

geposted Wed 04 Jul 07 @ 12:46 pm
The most ridiculous thing about the iPhone (other than no MMS, didn't know about that previously, better than no SMS though!) is that it doesn't support video recordings. Considering Apple's deal with YouTube, why make it harder to make and distribute your own content with this expensive gadget.

geposted Wed 04 Jul 07 @ 12:52 pm
also:

- it only has EDGE-support and no 3G or Super-3G
- MP3's can't be used as ring-tones
- there's no support for extra memory cards
- no detachable battery
- no GPS (which it really should have due to it's great Google Maps app.)
- no direct iTunes shopping(has to go via PC/MAC)
- no A2DP support (wireless Bluetooth music)
- no flash support (only youtube support built into the browser)
- no voice recongnition

and last but not least, the AT&T service plans are WAAAAY to expensive.
$59.90,$79.90 or $99.00 pr month? That's just insane! If that's how all service plans in the US are priced I all of a sudden see why USA is lagging behind in regards to mobile phone technology.
I feel really sorry for you guys having to pay more monthly than I do pr year.

geposted Wed 04 Jul 07 @ 1:29 pm
that said, I still really really really really really really really want one.
BAD.
(I'm a sucker for anything with a touch-screen. And multi-touch?*drool*)

geposted Wed 04 Jul 07 @ 1:30 pm
anewsome wrote :
yes i got one, posting this message with it.

Same here.

This thing ROCKS!

I've been saying it since the beginning of the year, watch Apple re-invent and re-invigorate the mobile device market with the iPhone just like it started doing with the iPod/iTunes back in 2001 and 2003 respectively.

This is just step 2... for Apple's mobile lifestyle initiative.

What's gonna be REALLY fun is getting back to the home digital lifestyle initiative where AppleTV was step 2.

Seeing Apple's MUCH bigger picture yet? ;)

Apple will be the next general electronics giant, like Sony.

The main distinguishing factor between the 2 is that our products won't be crippled by a severely flawed OS, aka winBlows.

- VT ConQuest
(Visual Turntablist)

geposted Wed 04 Jul 07 @ 1:37 pm
i personaly find the whole notion rediculus i have this beautiful mac to look at webpages

why would i wish to risk eye cancer and eye strain looking at a tiny screen

geposted Wed 04 Jul 07 @ 2:24 pm
Support for memory card isn't that big of an issue. The iPhone has either 4 or 8 GB of memory, which is sufficient for a phone.

The battery is a big issue. Nobody can change it without sending back the phone to tech support.

geposted Wed 04 Jul 07 @ 3:39 pm
skyfxl wrote :
i personaly find the whole notion rediculus i have this beautiful mac to look at webpages

why would i wish to risk eye cancer and eye strain looking at a tiny screen

Yeah, it's doomed to fail just like everyone said the iPod would.

Viewing things on a small screen when I have to and have no other way of doing so doesn't seem to bother me much though. Not having access to what I need, when I need it, and wherever i'm at, ALWAYS has bothered me.

Playing games on a small screen? Now THAT would drive me nuts... yet the PSP seems to be doing ok.

People shouldn't let SJ's smokescreen comments to the contrary convince them that something won't work... he's just buying time until Apple makes it work RIGHT. He's been quoted saying the same thing that you just said sky, for YEARS; that people don't want to view things on small screens. Yet here we are, and I LOVE IT along with well over half a million other people!

The market dictates that this will succeed sky, and in typical Apple fashion... on a rapid LARGE scale leaving all the nay-sayers sucking their thumbs in fetal positions as Apple trounces them with SUPERIOR products... we'll make sure not to take our eyes off of the impending takeover of the digital music market by myCRAPsoft's "Zune-to-be-discontinued" player and all those dozens of copies of windows xp sp3 (vista) that have yet to be sold.

600,000 at&t iPhone ACTIVATIONS in only 3 days?!!! PLUS, that's NOT counting all the iPhones that have been SOLD and NOT activated yet (eg; gifts, haven't cancelled with previous provider yet, haven't activated online yet, etc.).

http://www.newswireless.net/index.cfm/article/3495

Yeah. Apple is definitely on the wrong track with this dead end iPhone concept. What were they thinking?! =P

BTW, I only got the 4 gig iPhone because I'm using it primarily as a phone and to access the internet when I don't have my MacBook Pro on me. Works perfectly fine with wi-fi hotspots and the cellular network is a decent backup as well.

I'm not looking for my iPhone to be my iPod replacement because the new iPods... well.... ;)

Internal Apple Stevenote: iPhone, iPods with OS X, and "off the charts" Macs in the pipeline

"Jobs added that some of the Mac systems coming out over the next year will be "off the charts." He similarly hinted that the company was working on next-generation iPods that, like iPhone, would run an embedded version of the Mac OS X operating system.

http://arstechnica.com/journals/apple.ars/2007/06/28/internal-apple-stevenote-iphone-ipods-with-os-x-and-off-the-charts-macs-in-the-pipeline

Oh, and for those in the Eastern hemisphere like sky:

Vodafone "will confirm Euro iPhone deal when one million phones are sold" - Thursday?

"It looks like it's a triumph for Steve Jobs, after all: despite all the problems caused by a registration logjam for the iPhone, Apple reckons it will be able to announce a million sales by Thursday. That will probably be the moment to reveal the Euro iPhone deal, say sources.... Ignore US launch: European Tri-iPhone launch will reveal 3G iPhone for Voda, T-Mobile and Carphone Warehouse"

Yeah, we'll get right on "ignoring" selling 1/10th of SJ and Apple's year and a half goal of 10 million iPhones by the end of 2008... in only 1 week. Talk about implementing the old business rule to "underpromise and overdeliver".

But hey, we really didn't see that one coming from the likes of Steve Jobs and Apple... or did we?! =D

Yo sky... do you remember how you doubted Mac OS's superiority over windows until you actually bought your MacBook.

Be prepared to have a smile put on your face once again in the 4th quarter of this year when iPhone goes overseas. =)

geposted Wed 04 Jul 07 @ 3:54 pm
i never doubted the mac its better than windows by far , but its not flawless thats all for example the recent cd drive and battery blunders , however this is like a drop of rain on a ocean of embarising microsoft ocean

im sure it will be insanly popular but its not just for me at this time :)

i aslo hate psps and windows mobile even more

windows mobile should be recalled its even more anoying , so is palm os ,

i find it impossible to work with it.

geposted Wed 04 Jul 07 @ 4:21 pm
I agree and have ALWAYS made sure that although I point out Mac OS X's superiority to windows, that people NOT confuse that with me implying that it's flawless in it's original state and/or that it won't have problems down the line.

But proportionally, users have a MUCH better experience with seamlessly integrated Macs than with generically slapped together windows pc's (UNLESS they are savvy in the areas of hardware and software installation, mainteneance, and troubleshooting, which MOST users are NOT).

THAT is why Macs make sense for the majority of people. You can choose to know how to do all of that (like yourself and myself sky) if you want to, but it should NOT be out of necessity because of lack of quality control between an OS, it's hardware, and other 3rd party software and hardware.

I've said many times, "Any clown can make things that should be easy difficult, microsoft has proven that."

Apple makes Macs easy to use NOT because it considers it's customers to be idiots, but because Apple makes it a point to be innovative and intelligent enough to fascilitate would be difficult tasks from it's windows "competitors"; Apple it's Macs, and now it's other non computing products (remember, they dropped "Computer" from "Apple Computer, Inc" formally when the iPhone was announced on January 9th) are streamlined, focused, quality controlled, secure, and therefore overall easy.

2. Yes. It will be insanely popular.

3. I don't care for PSP's either and will never own one (PS3 on the other hand... =D) - here's a fun tidbit for you sky: it's not uncommon at all for Apple employees to buy XBOX 360's. Surprised? Don't be. it's ONLY because microsoft loses money on every one that they sell. ;)

4. It's in LARGE part because of the retardation of windows mobile/symbian/palm OS that Apple saw this as yet another opportunity to stomp all over the established, yet inferior competition and their severely flawed products on their own turf and take it over, ala iPod/iTunes, and now Mac OS X and Macintosh computers.

geposted Wed 04 Jul 07 @ 4:42 pm
people shoudlnt buy 360s they are nearly at the rate of returns to require a full product recal

geposted Wed 04 Jul 07 @ 6:35 pm
I'm not saying that it is something wrong with the iPhone, it' s just that I expected something more when Apple finally released their phone.
The amazing touchscreen system and maybe webbrowser (I'm not counting the iPOD part which of course Apple RULE at) put aside, Nokia and SonyEricsson kicks major phone-ass compared to Apple.
The iPhone simply ignores a lot of the features that people have come to expect in a modern mobile phone.
And I KNOW Apple could have made an even better product if they wanted to and it kinda pisses me of that they didn't.
On the other hand, it's rumored that the European version of the iPhone will indeed have some of the wanted functions added, which has been left out on the US model.
I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

geposted Wed 04 Jul 07 @ 9:05 pm
Nearly confirmed, O2 will distribute the iPhone in UK, with no 3G.

So it should be the same in France. I hope there will be enough wifi access points to browse the internet.

geposted Thu 05 Jul 07 @ 8:59 am
skyfxl wrote :
people shoudlnt buy 360s they are nearly at the rate of returns to require a full product recal

They're way above it, but imo, pound for pound, it's the best new gaming platform available. I hope the iPhones sound quality is a lot better than the iPod. I wasn't too happy with my iPod after returning my NW-HD3 and even less so when I got my Sony walkman phone. I've got a S-705F now and am very happy with how it sounds.

ConQuest I really have to wonder where you are getting most of your information from. The PSP in terms of sales is sucking compared to the Nintendo DS. Also what kind of stupid logic is it to say that your Mac fanboys are buying 360's to dent a hole in Microsofts pockets? That is just plain stupid. Not only that but analysts reported at least half a year ago that Microsoft are no longer selling the 360 at a loss.

geposted Thu 05 Jul 07 @ 9:01 am
d-v-intPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Conquest, you are whats wrong with the Mac using community.

That is all.

geposted Thu 05 Jul 07 @ 2:57 pm
i find it funny that people who do not have an iphone complain about things like " viewing a website on that little screen".

the multi-touch and drag interface lets you QUICKLY pinch, spread and zoom into full size websites while dragging them around with your finger very easily. ANY website being viewed with it's layout IN TACT, readable at arms length. try that with windows mobile.

of all these missing features, very few are not fixable with software updates. notably, 3G, lack of infrared, camera zoom, camera flash, GPS receiver, lack of video output, removable battery,.. all of these will not be fixed on THIS phone. nearly every other missing feature is likely to be added via FREE software updates, including mms, a2dp, video recording, etc.

and the end of the world "NO 3G" edge haters always fail to mention that the phone has a really nice WiFi implementation and VPN support included in v1.

it also is really funny how people say the phone is too damn expensive, i've heard that 100 times. it's the SAME EXACT PRICE as my Treo650 was and my HTC 8125! I never heard that once with either of those phones and this iPhone is light years ahead of both of those dinosaurs.

and as far as expensive plans, this plan is actually CHEAPER than my old Cingular plan, which was $150 a month. plus my new iphone plan has unlimted text messaging also (old plan was 2000 txt messages).

i guess hating the iphone is just becoming a new pasttime.

geposted Thu 05 Jul 07 @ 11:13 pm
59%