Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Video Help

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

socrossPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hey all,

I've searched the forums and didn't see a solution, so I thought I'd ask here.

Here's my system:

Dell XPS M1210
2 gigs RAM
1.83 ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Windows Media Center Edition
256mb Nvidia Geforce GO 7400

I've changed all my video codecs to Windows Media Player video decoder, and that has let me use hardware acceleration. I've got "decode while hidden" checked.

Here's the problem: when I load a new video, it causes the video that's playing to flicker brightly for a second. I've tried all sorts of stuff, and I'm stuck. Any ideas? I'd like to avoid switching to Vista for now. Thanks in advance!

geposted Wed 18 Jul 07 @ 5:16 am
KregCZPRO InfinityMember since 2005
It's your video card, I had same problem with the same video card.
From what I've been told "VDJ video dose not work well with video cards using shaired memory"

I did a clean upgraded to Vista and installed all the updated drivers; and now VDJ works flawless.

geposted Wed 18 Jul 07 @ 5:43 am
Yo Socross! How you doin bro? It's definetly your video card on XP. If you upgrade to Vista I can guarantee you won't have any video problems. I can actually run my laptop with integrated intel graphics with no dedicated memory mixing videos with vista all day long. On XP, all the videos would freeze. Are you using the SL1 Serato box? It works well with Vista although the output is a little quiet.
On a side note Socross, I'd like to invite you to Level 5 Night Club this Saturday. I will be spinning a big video show there. Anyone else in Seattle is invited and I can get you and your friends on the vip guestlist for free which is usually $15-20 for cover.

geposted Wed 18 Jul 07 @ 6:35 am
D-Twizzle,

Yo, I am using xp with nvidia geforce 8600M GT and I'm getting that freezing your talking about. Do you think it would help me if I upgraded to Vista. I don't get the freezing when I use windows video codec but when I use this codec I can't scratch, or do hot cues without the video stuttering for a second.

geposted Wed 18 Jul 07 @ 7:29 am
D-Twizzle,

Yo, I'm using an nvidia geforce 8600m GT, 256 memory on xp and I'm getting that freezing your talking about. Do you think that upgrading to Vista will help me? I'm using the windows video codec right now but I can't scratch or hot cue without the video stuttering.

geposted Wed 18 Jul 07 @ 7:32 am
didn't mean to post twice

geposted Wed 18 Jul 07 @ 7:32 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)