Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: laptop of your dreams

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

if you had a $3000 budget for a new laptop what would you get im looking at the moment and getting this feeling of oh this is cool and this is sweet, and oh oh i jsut have to have this. i need to get away from those feelings and see what u all have to say and this will be the dedicated system never see internet

turn table are a maybe in the futere
the best and greatest video card so i dont have to upgrade when vdj upgrades
motherboard and laptop brand
but then again should i go with a desktop i dont know desktop everythings in side laptop its really portable what would you all get

geposted Thu 19 Jul 07 @ 4:41 am

geposted Thu 19 Jul 07 @ 5:09 am
Something from Alienware or Dell XPS. Just get the most expensive one you can afford. Are they doing quadcore in a laptop now? If they are, I'd go for one of those. Something with dual harddrives and graphics cards in sli as well. You may have to enquire about the soundcard however, ideally you would want something with three stereo channels out and three stereo channels in.

Edit: having just been on the Alienware website, they are so ridiculously overpriced it's painful! There doesn't seem to be and quadcore processors in laptops either and sli doesn't work in Vista - and you'll be wanting Vista if you're getting a DirectX 10 card.

geposted Thu 19 Jul 07 @ 4:15 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
alienware is dell with a sticker , dont buy from them!

and dell is not the greatest make either im sad to say.

geposted Thu 19 Jul 07 @ 8:29 pm
They may be Dell with a sticker, but they look more funky. Which isn't necessarily great for professional use. Either way, they have a monopoly on the notebook performance market.

geposted Thu 19 Jul 07 @ 8:32 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
true its all hype sadly , their main strong point is the fancy cases

geposted Thu 19 Jul 07 @ 8:49 pm
Just got an XPS a month ago, but am still working on some sound card tweaks. I got the 4 year extended everything, that bought it to over $3100.00 w an EPP discount. The warranty w the McAfee plan was over $900.00. I also got an airplane and auto adapter kit.

I disabled a bunch of stuff trying to get my Gigaport AG to work, and couldn't get the on board sound card to work again. After 2 hours with the phone tech at 4am, they said I needed a new motherboard. That was Wed morning, Fri morning a tech was at my club switching out the motherboard. But wait, there's more. That didn't fix the problem. Turns out, all he had to do was uninstall the drivers and reinstall. The phone tech only updated the drivers, but did not uninstall. But wait, there's more. Two days later I can't get my blue tooth to work, and you guessed it, they said they would send out a blue tooth module. I stayed up a few more hours and stumbled onto the fix. Remember I said I disabled a bunch of stuff before. Well, I fooled around and enabled everything, and all is well.

So what did I learn? Well I already knew I don't know shit about computers, and even less about Vista. I need to write down the stuff I do, because I don't remember what I did (mad cow). Both Issues came from something I did, but that is why I got the extended warranty. Dell's support has gotten better, even though they missed these two things. So why do I say they have gotten better, I UNDERSTOOD EVERY WORD THEY SAID. Both times I called, the tech was in Arizona. When I called to cancel the blue tooth module, he was in Canada. Not having to say "what did you say" over and over, was a big relief. There was also some online classes included with the warranty bundle that I need to utilize.

geposted Thu 19 Jul 07 @ 9:19 pm
well it seems like a ill stick with a desk top just so i have the ability to use what i want and not have to sacrafice on what will fit. on the plus side i can build it to the specks i want not wat they offer. but that qua core sounds right up my aley though. now they ned to get that o a video card and 5 gigs of ddr5 lol
but ill get back to ya when the tim gets closer

geposted Thu 19 Jul 07 @ 11:15 pm

Get Sony Vaio or Acer ;)

Best there is

geposted Thu 19 Jul 07 @ 11:17 pm
But after the exploding battery disaster :o I've never really seen the attraction in the Vaio line. They are stylish and you can get Blu-Ray but the prices for the specification is just so up there.

If you are planning to go for a desktop, or a shuttle type format - there should be a price drop in the Q6600 should be having a price drop this week.

geposted Thu 19 Jul 07 @ 11:34 pm

mac's and vaios had a bit of a blowing battery problem for a while true:)

Can't beat that for a good party surprise though ;) lol

geposted Fri 20 Jul 07 @ 1:08 am
but thats quite an expencive party popper and sure would ruin the night

geposted Fri 20 Jul 07 @ 2:17 am
DELL=HELL STAY AWAY!!!!

geposted Fri 20 Jul 07 @ 7:13 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
discobrian24 wrote :
DELL=HELL STAY AWAY!!!!

2ndthat!

geposted Fri 20 Jul 07 @ 12:24 pm
I bought an Alienware laptop just for VDJ.Seeing that these units were built for gaming..running VDJ should be a walk through the park.I disabled what was not needed and I have no complaints doing my gigs.Then again..they offered a video card with dedicated memory..Dell didnt.
Yes I know its still owned by Dell but no complaints so far..I had an Acer years ago..desktop model and must say it ran very well.
The laptop design on mine is different with the Alien glowing on the cover and it catches the eyes of many in the crowd with great interest.
I had mine built to fit my needs and so far so good!

geposted Fri 20 Jul 07 @ 1:34 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)