Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Questions about mp3

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Pat_DJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hello all,

I'm planning of ripping all my CDs in my computer, although, how would someone know if I bought the track or downloaded from the internet? Every track I've got I've bought, but I was wondering if there was a way to know if the track is legal or not?

Also, for ripping is there something important I should keep in mind when ripping my CDs?

Kind Regards,
Pat

geposted Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 3:20 pm
MP3 files often have other information in them, such as tags to give the title, artist name, genre, etc etc. There are also hidden tags. A lot of the mp3 files on file sharing programs such as limewire, etc have information in the hidden tags. This would enable someone who was inspecting them to know that it was an 'illegal' download. You could always use a program like mp3-tag studio 3 to clear the tags out, but you might miss one.

Even more important to me, though, is that a lot of the files on the file sharing services are at lower quality and I have found a lot of them have glitches and corruptions.

For this reason I think it is better to buy a CD from Ebay and then rip it at higher quality using a free program such as audiograbber.

geposted Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 3:47 pm
There is also a very nice program witch you can use to convert any kind of audio file. the name is ImToo, it is a very nice software, your can modify the tags, there is a free download that has limited capabilities and the full version for $23.00, |I recomend you buy the full version as is very cheap.

You can select the bitrate you want to rip your music, I recomend 320 bits as is practically CD quality, also you can choose the kind of file you want to rip it into, mp3,mp4, wma, wav, etc. and also there is another version that rips dvd's but that one is a bit more expensive.

here is the link to their page.

http://www.imtoo.com/audio-encoder.html

hope this helps

geposted Fri 27 Jul 07 @ 2:59 am
DJ ELPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I've used imtoo dvd audio ripper in the past to get dialogue snippets from DVDs. Cool program.

geposted Sat 28 Jul 07 @ 9:29 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I use CDex to Rip my CD's, very efficient and 100% FREE, you can get it from: www.download.com

Settings wise, select the best value for all quality fields and wait the extra minutes, this way a 320kbs MP3 used with a good encoder (use LAME) Will sound identical to the original CD.

Don't make the mistake of using dodgey products with bad encoders, I've done it once and it cost me a lot of hours.

geposted Sat 28 Jul 07 @ 10:59 am
CDex, EAC and Foobar are all good choices to use to rip your music. If you can manage the harddrive space, you may want to consider lossless compression (Monkey's Audio or Flac being the two most popular).

I don't know if other people accessing your music is a concern for you, but if you ever had to hide anything you can use the free software TrueCrypt. You can make a hidden system file on your computer which is completely undetectable as a drive. Inside this file TrueCrypt stores whatever contents you put inside it using military grade protection - providing your password isn't something daft. It's good software and has hardly any performance penalty for dj work (audio at least, I'm not so sure about video).

geposted Sat 28 Jul 07 @ 11:08 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)