Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Virtual DJ locks up - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

ConawayPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I am having a problem where Virtual DJ locks up. The song keeps on playing and I am able to stop and start it, but when I click on the songs in the browser nothing happens. When I click on the folders in the explorer it gets all distorted sort of making the folders all double. If I restart Virtual DJ it works ok but then it happens again. This first started when I opened the Virtual DJ user guide and Adobe Acrobat wanted to do an update, which I stopped. Anyway I am going to restart my computer to see if it fixes the problem. My computer is new, fast, and fully loaded so I don't think it is the cause of the problems.

Has anyone had this problem?

Any advice?

Many thanks

geposted Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 9:00 pm
Let us know if you are still having this problem. It sounds as if the software is trying to do something else at the same time. This has happened to me if I double clicked or clicked two things very fast.

geposted Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 9:29 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I've had it happen to me twice.

It happens when I try to do a search using the keyboard and the search option If I type to fast VDJ just freezes. The muisc still plays but I can't do anything.

Is it a bug I wonder.

geposted Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 9:39 pm
If I waited, it has righted itself. I did not have to do anything. I am doing so many things at the same time, I don't pitch a fit.

geposted Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 10:34 pm
Thanks for the response, I will keep you posted if I have any more problems.

geposted Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 11:03 pm

Is this on Vista?

geposted Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 11:13 pm
Yes it is.

geposted Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 11:26 pm
Mine is XP.

geposted Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 11:32 pm

On Vista, there is a problem with the current VDJ, its not all 100% vista compatible yet, so super fast type and sort, might trigger the "user protection" thing

But its fixed for next release.

Reason is that Vista dont like that VDJ saves the XML in the Programs folder...

geposted Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 11:39 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
What about XP,

That's what I use on my laptop and it's froze on me.

geposted Fri 27 Jul 07 @ 12:01 am

When typing fast and sort?

Never had that issue on XP... But it can happen on Vista

geposted Fri 27 Jul 07 @ 12:11 am
VDJ Freaked on me when I tried this:

Automixing a song and at the same time moving a file from the directory listing to the sidebar.

It didn't crash on me, but the CPU stayed at %100 until a unloaded the song that it was crossfading to. Scared the crap out of me. Happened on a Friday night too which really scared the buttons off me.

geposted Fri 27 Jul 07 @ 2:45 am
Pat_DJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
It did happend to me also, last saturday. When ever I tried to look for another song in a folders, the folders started to duplicate.. strange.. VDJ gets frozen but the song keep playing. so I just switch to CD for a song... restart VDJ and everything was doing alright. Also, I'm using XP SP2.

geposted Fri 27 Jul 07 @ 1:30 pm
It may be worth testing (whilst not in a gig)

Open up task manager, select 'Processes' , sort by CPU usage.

Then start using VDJ, when/if you start getting poor performance, switch to the Processes screen and see which ones are hogging CPU usage

This will at least help you identify as to whether the problem is localised around VDJ or if it is a general system problem.

geposted Fri 27 Jul 07 @ 1:43 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Apparently all your cases are different. Some seems to be linked to the processor, other to the access to the HD
Do not put all your eggs in the same basket. Try to keep a clean mind.

geposted Sat 28 Jul 07 @ 1:08 am
this happens to me at least once a night but its no real big deal - i just open another virtual dj - and mix in a new track on that - switch back to the "crashed" vdj and turn volume down on that channel then switch it off.

the only thing with my set-up is i use a numark dxm01usb mixer and sometimes the channels change sides. if this happens i just open another vdj and mix in then close the other one.

geposted Sat 28 Jul 07 @ 3:47 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
DJMarze wrote :
. the only thing with my set-up is i use a numark dxm01usb mixer and sometimes the channels change sides. if this happens i just open another vdj and mix in then close the other one.

Why?? Just flip the reverse switch on the DXM01usb mixer and your right back in the game. No need to take the extra step of opening another instance of CUE/VDJ.

geposted Sat 28 Jul 07 @ 3:50 am
You know I am not sure if this the same issue I had a while back.

Was it just the browser somewhat that would freeze up. Graphically gets all jacked up looking. Like it isn't responding at all to what you are clicking on. From when it did happen to me I had posted this issue before and through some feedback and testing I think I may found the common thing in the case. I had it happen on two different machines.

At the time I did an all video show all night long.. it never froze up. Another night with the same gear I did an all audio show... randomly froze up. After realizing it was only when browsing around with audio I found the common theme here. Apparently someone suggested that because VDJ isn't completely compatible ID3 supported that dealing with the tag info may overload the browser and cause it to freeze up. So what I would do it enable the read ID3 tag and just browse through folders that I have just added... it updates the artist, title and comment fields. Then I would disable the feature and those fields are still there. So the rest of the night while I am playing it doesn't freeze up. I used to think it was because of the Virtual Folders but I stopped using those because I thought it was it but it happened while NOT using those a few times which led me to this conclusion.

Curious of you guys who recently had this happen have the same common things going on:
-Read MP3 tags enabled.
-Just browsing through large amount of audio
-Not doing a strickly all video show.

if so then I believe I found the work-around.

geposted Sat 28 Jul 07 @ 4:02 am
Last week this same thing happened to me on Fri, Sat, and Mon. This happened about an hour and a half into the set. I didnt think anything of it even though I had to restart VDJ so I wiped VDJ off the computer (saving the databases of course first), reinstalled VDJ. Now my Guy that Dj's (if u wanna call it that) Fri didnt have a single hiccup. I certainly will know if it happens again as he DJs Sat and I VJ Mon. I swear it started happening after the last Direct X update (not the June one the one before it)

geposted Sat 28 Jul 07 @ 11:12 am
low-fat-al wrote :

-Read MP3 tags enabled.
-Just browsing through large amount of audio
-Not doing a strickly all video show.

if so then I believe I found the work-around.

1. NO
2. YES
3. Yes

geposted Sat 28 Jul 07 @ 11:13 am
56%