Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Scratch Tracks

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

androb4Home userMember since 2007
Hay does any one know what songs are good for scratching.
Im still searching..............

geposted Sat 28 Jul 07 @ 7:15 pm
All songs can be good for scratching

geposted Sun 29 Jul 07 @ 3:40 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
I second that ;)

geposted Sun 29 Jul 07 @ 6:32 pm

geposted Mon 30 Jul 07 @ 3:36 am
When he loads the second beat on the right deck and scratches on the left deck, thats what i mean. Where do they get that track.

geposted Mon 30 Jul 07 @ 3:43 am
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Lots of practice and being creative. Getdown uses, at one point, a loop of the song Jam On It by Newcleus. That song is the "bed" while he cues up and scratches a vocal sample from another song. There are many different ways to get the vocal samples you want and many variations of songs you can use for the musical "bed". My blog has some examples of records specifically made for scratching. I've only found one on CD so far. In napster I found a few, I believe I searched under beats. Other then that you can take any song, loop it, and you have a piece of the equation.

geposted Mon 30 Jul 07 @ 4:23 pm
yea but i need the track that he usess to scratch on the left deck

that shhhhhhhhhhhhh sound....................

geposted Tue 31 Jul 07 @ 3:13 am
and that aaaa yehhaaaa

geposted Tue 31 Jul 07 @ 3:15 am
that shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sound he uses , says on the screen its track no1

geposted Tue 31 Jul 07 @ 3:18 am
look up battle records or samples and you might want to go record digging for many singles to get the accapellas so you can get these souds.

geposted Tue 31 Jul 07 @ 10:30 am
PFD50PRO InfinityMember since 2007

geposted Wed 01 Aug 07 @ 4:22 pm
well thanks , so if i like a sound thats on a regular song, i can get the acapella and scratch to that?

geposted Fri 03 Aug 07 @ 12:42 am
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yes, you can scratch acapellas...or just about anything.

geposted Fri 03 Aug 07 @ 3:22 pm
MrtimPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Scratching 101 according to Tim, feel free to comment, add wisdom or flame;

Step 1
Start scratching with old spoken word vinyl to cut your teeth. 1960's instructional records with corny announcers (local thrift shop) work well.
http://cgi.ebay.com/How-to-Fox-Trot-Instructional-Record-Album-c-1960_W0QQitemZ170142058857QQcmdZViewItem

Step 2
Do the same with old James Brown records.

Step 3
Repeat above with dance tracks or loops added to get basic rhythm methods learned.

Step 4
Experiment and practice every spare moment for months or years

Basic scratching is a cute parlor trick, advanced scratching/beat mix methods combined with music selection that energizes a club takes real talent and years of experiance.

Best of luck with your quest

geposted Mon 27 Aug 07 @ 5:50 pm
not be anal about this..

I strongly recommend not starting out with vocals. they are more difficult to pull out nicely and time well. Start off with instrumentals of a song. practice beat juggling and adding some scratches before dropping the beat.

once you get good at this you should be able to pull off some really sweet beat juggling tricks and know some scratches like a scribble, flare, etc.

Now that you've finished this I'd suggest going out to buy some battle records like dj rectangle ultimate battle weapon vol ***, Super Duck Breaks, and many more. so that you can have some samples lined up on 1 side of the vinyl and some plain instrumental loop on the other so you can juggle during a set.

one thing that many DJs have trouble with is the Xfader clicking. you must practice being able to make a movement with 1 hand while your clicking like crazy with the other hand all in sync to the music.

Practice makes perfect

DJ White Devil

geposted Mon 27 Aug 07 @ 7:18 pm
MrtimPRO InfinityMember since 2007
"I strongly recommend not starting out with vocals. they are more difficult to pull out nicely and time well"

Exactly why I recommended it.

It's like playing acoustic guitar without learning how to strum with a good beat. It doesn't sound good no matter how well your left hand does chord transitions. Moving past scratching with rhythm may be second nature or it may take many hours of practice to learn.

Just my opinion, nothing more.

geposted Mon 27 Aug 07 @ 8:17 pm
but that just sounds pretty ridiculous to me....like trying to play the most complicated thing there is instead of starting off with the basics...

Did you learn how to run before crawling? I know I didn't. its best to start easy then move on to more complicated stuff. so that you can still get gigs even with the basics. Least its my way of doing things.

geposted Mon 27 Aug 07 @ 8:26 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)