Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: A couple video questions

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

1st - for those who are VJ's. Do you buy compilations for a couple of songs and or single artist collection with the knowledge that you will never play many if not most of the remaining songs. Example: 12-15 song collection but will only play about 1-2 songs. Is it worth it? I'm starting to collect my video collection but am apprehensive on the content of the collection.

I understand that it's could be the same as collecting songs, but I least songs you a probability of playing if requested and it doesn't take up 200mb of space.

2nd - I cannot get my VDJ screen to auto stretch. I have to stretch to fit the screen. But most importantly. Everytime I shrink my desktop window I loose the placement of the video output screen. Is there a way to seperate the desktop and screen.

geposted Wed 01 Aug 07 @ 5:50 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
To answer your first question - don't know of to many single artist compilation Video DVDs out there unless you buy a Tour performance type DVD. Most (Majority) of us use Promo Only Video service which you get multiple tracks (Hot or Hit Tracks) from multiple artists.

The answer to your second question is you should be running your video in a DUAL View mode. This will give you an another option in your Config -> Video tab in the drop-down so you can select the 2nd Output. If you need more help on this there are plenty of posts in the forum that explain it.

geposted Wed 01 Aug 07 @ 9:13 pm
I have a split screen set up.. primary for controller and secondary hooked into club channel.
1. create video screen
2. move screen to club monitors
3. resize screen to fit monitors
4. push play.

problem is: If I want something off my desktop, then I shrink VDJ down. Now the video screen is on the primary monitor (1) and I have to move the screen back over the the secondary (2) monitor.

I can't get the controller to act independently of the output screen.

Thaughts

geposted Wed 01 Aug 07 @ 9:28 pm
You are using the FULL CUE Version correct? If you have things setup correctly - do the following --

1. Open the CONFIG in CUE
2. Click Video Tab
3. Click the Drop-down for your TV Output
4. Select the Option for your video card
5. Click OK

Now when you launch a Video it plays FULL screen direct to the second monitor output. NO more Window to drag.

geposted Wed 01 Aug 07 @ 9:53 pm
You are not doing this correctly. Make sure your second monitor is hooked up before you boot. In windows display properties, settings, select monitor 2, check "extend my windows onto this monitor". In your video card menu, run dual display. In VDJ, cfg, video, Video output select you video card in the pull down window, check activate and hardware acceleration, close. Make sure your video crossfader is where you want it. Load and play.

geposted Wed 01 Aug 07 @ 9:55 pm
Thanks, I'll give it a go tonight.

What is the point of having a seperate video screen that shows up when you activate video? Just curious

geposted Wed 01 Aug 07 @ 10:44 pm
Primarily for your audience so they get a fullscreen of the video and the video only.

geposted Wed 01 Aug 07 @ 10:55 pm
fatkatzdj wrote :
Thanks, I'll give it a go tonight.

What is the point of having a seperate video screen that shows up when you activate video? Just curious

The little window you were resizing, is formatted for a computer monitor, that's why you could drag and minimize it.

As to the first part of the post, I only buy compilations from PromoOnly, TM Century. I don't buy a whole cd, I am sure not buying an artist whole DVD,

geposted Wed 01 Aug 07 @ 11:02 pm
cstoll wrote :
To answer your first question - don't know of to many single artist compilation Video DVDs out there unless you buy a Tour performance type DVD.

Sorry cstoll

http://www.amazon.ca/U2-18-Videos/dp/B000JRYOMY

http://www.amazon.ca/Simple-Minds-Lights-Visual-History/dp/B0000E2W03/ref=pd_bowtega_1/701-8960973-6161944?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1186044556&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.ca/Very-Best-Adam-Ants-Deliver/dp/B000KGGHII/ref=sr_1_1/701-8960973-6161944?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1186044587&sr=1-1

I have the above 3 plus about 30 others including Earth Wind And Fire, Blondie, Eurythmics, Duran Duran, even ZZ Top!

In my opinion they ARE a good buy because the prices are so low, and if you consider such as the above, there's a LOT of usable stuff on each collection.

geposted Thu 02 Aug 07 @ 10:52 am
I haven't listened to Adam and the Ants since the 80s.

geposted Thu 02 Aug 07 @ 6:40 pm
TopHouse -- Yes - OLDER songs verse NEWER Songs -- don't disagree with you might find compilations from past efforts. Just not about Current Artist efforts like you would buy there album with only 3 good tracks out of 10 or 12.

Good links though!

geposted Thu 02 Aug 07 @ 6:45 pm
Cstol, he never mentioned 'newer' artists (or older for that matter) he just said music video artist compilations.

For anyone interested, look on amazon, choose "DVD" and search for either artist name OR put in "greatest hits" or "greatest video hits" or "music videos"

The adam & the ants one is superb. I reckon the true age of music videos was the 80's, and the nostalgia element is there for the older ones, not only that, 80's is still BIG and even the younger folks love some of those 80's videos.

My most requested vid is the original once banned Godley & Creme full length Duran Duran - Girls On Film. Plenty of boobs & booty!

geposted Thu 02 Aug 07 @ 6:59 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
tophouse

i've got that one of duran duran also, quite artistic i thought...lol

Tayla

geposted Thu 02 Aug 07 @ 7:06 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)