Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: my sticky set up

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I have a new lappy (toshiba satelite celeron 1.86,1024mb ram,ati graphics etc and it runs with vista home) also i use a u46dj soundcard with asio4all drivers total controll and an external harddisc.Total control and the harddisc are conected to an usb ac powered hub.
My problem is that when i load a song and sometimes when i use total control buttons the music stops for some seconds and vdj is not responding.
I can not understand whats the problem.
i dont have any problems with the same hardware (except from the usb hub) on my desktop wich runs xp.
its the usb hub? the asio4all drivers? or vista that causes the problem? cause thats the only diferences between the 2 computers.
pls help.

PS: I have updated vdj to 5 version and the problem is here again also i use only vdj on my lappy.

Thanks

geposted Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 2:56 pm
gluzantzas wrote :

Total control and the harddisc are conected to an usb ac powered hub.
My problem is that when i load a song and sometimes when i use total control buttons the music stops for some seconds

Thanks

thats the problem

DONT run TotalControl and your music drive on SAME hub.

It will interrupt eachother (they use same channels to PC)

geposted Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 6:03 pm
dj-in norway thanks for your quick response and congratulations for the job you did for the new site and version 5.0 very good job!
Please tell me what can i do (except using an usb hub) to add usb ports on my laptop because it has only two so i could conect all my hardware (total control+harddisc+soundcard) and get everything to work fine?

geposted Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 7:58 pm
you can TRY to put the soundcard and totalcontrol on same hub...

Worth a shot.

Do you have a PCMCIA port ? Only way to add more usb ports...

geposted Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 8:05 pm
i will try to use a pcmcia card with usb ports because i already tryied totalcontro and u46dj on the same hub and didnt work.

geposted Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 8:22 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)