Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Dual Xone Midi controller question...

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

PsylocePRO InfinityMember since 2006
Can I use two Allen and Heath Xone 2D controllers with V5? I know from searching previous topics that there can be issues with using two of the same controller/soundcard/ect. I believe that each 2D could be configured to output data on a different midi channel, so that should make the midi ok right? What about the soundcard then? The reason I want to use 2x2D controllers is to have independent spdif digital outputs to route decks 1/2 on VDJ to external tubed dacs optimized for sq. Also, I would be able to use a Xone 92 mixer with none of the compremises inherent in the Xone 3D. I figure I could use a X.92 and X.2D and X.1D together but I would still be short a digital output. Would I be able to configure and use both X.2D soundcards together in one instance of VDJ? Could some kind of ASIO software combine them and make VDJ happy? Also, does anyone know of any other controllers that have digital outs? The numark iCDX has midi control and digital outs but I don't believe you can route audio from a computer through the iCDX in any way. Another option I have thought about is creating a 2 deck/2 monitor skin and using touch sceen lcd's as controllers with a X.92 and 2xUSB tube dacs. Again that would be two stereo dacs of the same make and model. I could also build spdif tube dacs and use two different soundcards with digital outs, but that is getting pretty convoluted; I haven't been able to find a soundcard with more than one digital output either.

Anyhow to make a long story short I want to use an A&H X.92 with decks 1/2 from VDJ routed through tube dacs and some type of decent control surface. Any and all thoughts on any of these ideas/issues would be greatly appreciated.

geposted Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 8:55 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)