Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Unwanted Programs...

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I was wandering if the anyone knows if there is a program that can scan you computer and give you a list of programs not needed in your computer that come preinstalled. I bought a brand new laptop and so much stuff on it that comes from the manufacture. When i purched the one before this one I went to Best Buy and the guy ran a program that gave him a list of stuff there were extra and he deleted them all at the same time instead of going to add/remove utility. Iam just tring to make my laptop dedicated to vdj with no stuff on it but iam afraid that if i do it by add/remove im gone delete stuff the computer needs lol...any help is greatly appreciated am trying to save some money from not going to best buy for 250 $ thanks....

geposted Tue 28 Aug 07 @ 5:14 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I tend to use my lappy for VDJ and my music

I don't know of any programs that will do that. But when I got My Toshiba laptop a few months ago it was full of crap, so I used it for a week to see what programs I used, then uninstalled what I didn't use, left the toshiba service centre link.

Got rid of all the Norton antivirus and firewall that came with it, I found system run alot slower with Norton on. I use Mcafee.

If you remove a program that you may need in the future there is always the restore option in windows system tools it's help me out a couple of times.

geposted Tue 28 Aug 07 @ 5:32 am
Thank you jimmy...yea mines is a toshiba as well satellite and with all the crap they put in fron msn to cnn to napster is so slow and thats iam looking to delete the stufff that it doesnt need...thanks man im gone see what i dont need and unistall them..

geposted Tue 28 Aug 07 @ 5:51 am

geposted Tue 28 Aug 07 @ 5:53 am
yep yep decrapifier works well....

geposted Tue 28 Aug 07 @ 1:56 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005

geposted Tue 28 Aug 07 @ 3:40 pm
I agree with Alf that a clean install is the only true safe way to do it cause even if you get rid of all the crap you can still have a corrupt OS and registry.

geposted Tue 28 Aug 07 @ 8:57 pm
When you back up the OS from the preinstalled OS on the second drive.. does it include the factory install or the basic OS that's needed to get your system running again.

geposted Tue 28 Aug 07 @ 9:12 pm
You can also try this, for any unnecessary services running.

geposted Tue 28 Aug 07 @ 9:22 pm

geposted Tue 28 Aug 07 @ 11:37 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)