Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Keyboard Shortcut Question

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Ok... now maybe I'm gettin a little too picky with this one, but i'll ask in case there's a way to do this....

I would like a "hot search" keyboard. What I mean is i would like it if I could just start typing the song i'm thinking of and it would just automatically enter what i type into the search field.

I thought I could do this by assigning each 'letter' key to 'search + reset' function. However, if i do that, the first key-stroke does not put a character into the search field.

Of course I could do something like assign <SPACE> key to the 'search + reset' function, which is ok, but not quite as slick as just starting to type what i'm looking for without even thinking bout moving the curser to the searh field.

....soooo, anyone know if this is possible?

thanks for any replies!

orange

geposted Fri 31 Aug 07 @ 5:10 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Lol...
First, i think you are lazy...
Second.. There is an option in shortcuts to disable them and use keyboard for search but you actually need to click in the search box first.
I see this a good idea to ask for an improvement to do what you need..
Personally I would not use something like this anyway because i need all my keys for other shortcuts..

geposted Fri 31 Aug 07 @ 1:50 pm
lol.... ya.. i find the more years I DJ the lazier i get! I used to like hauling big heavy gear, because it looked "cool"... now the more compact and lighter the better...

Yes wouldnt be a good option for someone who uses 'letter' keys for shortcuts. However, even for a guy like urself, if all of your shortcuts use a letter key with <ctrl> or <alt> then this may work for you too... everyone has thier own prefs i guess. I only use a handfull, so I can get away with just using 'special' keys.

happy spinnin!

Orange

geposted Fri 31 Aug 07 @ 5:36 pm
Hey I have another question about shortcuts:

Does anyone know how to disable the windows xp short cut that opens the "File" pull-down menu for the active window? The shortcut is <ALT - SPACE> which is one I like to use for VDJ. Kind of annoying when the file pull-down menu appears when you use it.

Orange

geposted Fri 31 Aug 07 @ 5:40 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)