Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ 5 - soon out for mac - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Now this isn't definite, so don't go getting your "feathers all ruffled" if VDJ and Cue 5.0 Mac are delayed beyond "next week or the week after", because if it is, it will have been for good reason by either Atomix or Numark.

I'm just re-posting what was posted by "Corporate Staff" a short while ago on this thread:

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/76129/General_Discussion/VirtualDJ_5_0_rev2_is_released.html

This is just an FYI so that everyone can hopefully calm down with the inquiries on the release timeframe for VDJ/Cue 5.0 Mac.

Plus remember, Virtual Vinyl and it's software (Cue) are Numark products and will be released on their time schedule regardless of the fact that Atomix is the software developer.

So don't get mad at Atomix if Cue 5.0 Mac isn't released simultaneously wih VDJ 5.0 Mac. I'm not saying it won't be, I'm just saying "I don't know".

Now you all know as much as I do. ;)

- VT ConQuest
(Visual Turntablist)

geposted Fri 31 Aug 07 @ 5:05 pm

Yupp great news.. :)

geposted Fri 31 Aug 07 @ 5:59 pm
d-v-intPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Ah to be fair now I don't think the MAC contingency has been going on too much about the release date.

1 month seems more than reasonable to me for MAC release and tbh with the fact that VDJ 5 is so good on PC I don't mind waiting now I know I'll be getting what I was looking for.

geposted Sat 01 Sep 07 @ 3:16 am

Agree with D-V-Int. Give it a few weeks and it will come ;)

There can always be unforeseen things surfacing at the "transcoding" from PC to MAC.
Or it can go smooth as a baby.

geposted Sat 01 Sep 07 @ 2:14 pm
Was it(he,she) incorporating map for the xone 3d?
¿Incorporara mapa para la xone 3d?

geposted Sat 01 Sep 07 @ 3:12 pm
d-v-int wrote :
Ah to be fair now I don't think the MAC contingency has been going on too much about the release date.

What do you mean......There has never been an acceptable/usable Mac version.

geposted Sat 01 Sep 07 @ 4:46 pm
I just hope its stable, like every other program on my Macbook Pro. I finally got 4.3 running without a hiccup with bootcamp and XP.

geposted Sat 01 Sep 07 @ 4:47 pm
CHARL1E F1VE wrote :
d-v-int wrote :

What do you mean......There has never been an acceptable/usable Mac version.
I don't think you understood me. The point of my post was that I don't think we have been moaning too much about the wait.

geposted Sat 01 Sep 07 @ 8:10 pm
nachetedj wrote :
Was it(he,she) incorporating map for the xone 3d?
¿Incorporara mapa para la xone 3d?

Yeah I have the PC map more or less done, but I'll wait til mac version is out and release all maps together.

geposted Sat 01 Sep 07 @ 8:11 pm
d-v-int wrote :
1 month seems more than reasonable to me for MAC release and tbh with the fact that VDJ 5 is so good on PC I don't mind waiting now I know I'll be getting what I was looking for.

My thoughts exactly.

I had already set my expectation for a VDJ/Cue 5.0 Mac release around the time Apple releases Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard within the next couple of months so that I wouldn't set myself up for a let down. Of course, the sooner the better (but not until it's done)!

Btw, I did a 6 hour gig last night with TCV's and VDJ 5.0 (I didn't install the rev2 update because I didn't have time to test it beforehand).

Flawless. =)

(except for the fact that I forgot to install my Sonique plug-ins so I couldn't play any audio only songs because all the screens would have gone black, but that was my own fault)

Also, before last night I had that "TCV pitch-jumping" problem but I was able to fix it by increasing the pitch sensitivity to 2000ms and unchecking "Clear sound" as described in this thread: http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/75400/PC_Version_Technical_Support/TCV_pitch__jumping_.html

Just a FYI.

geposted Sun 02 Sep 07 @ 5:22 am
Where is THE MAC VERSION??????????????????? The whole world is waiting.
You take the ITunes most powerfull feature, the cover flow, and neglect the mac users?
The release was scheduled on august. We're on sept.
What the %^%$% is going on?

geposted Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 11:44 pm
KayleHome userMember since 2003
AdemirCosta wrote :
You take the ITunes most powerfull feature, the cover flow, and neglect the mac users?

please read this topic and search the mac forum

you will see that the windows code just takes a bit more time to be converted to mac format and that it is ready very soon indeed

geposted Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 11:56 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Also if you notice this post was made on - Posted Fri 31 Aug 07 @ 11:05:05
It is now only 5 Sept - 6 days. The topic says a couple of weeks. --- As Kayle said, porting the code and ensuring that it's ready takes a little time.
It will be soon enough though... please exercise some patience...

geposted Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 3:24 am
P A T I E N C E Only an 8 letter word, but such a HUUUGGEEE thing to ask it seems.

geposted Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 5:45 pm
AdemirCosta wrote :

Geez.

Those Apple Mac "fan-boys" are temperamental, aren't they?

Hang in there for a week or 2 more, it'll be worth the wait.

Thank You,

- Apple Mac FanBoy #1

P.S.
Cover Flow is probably currently the most visible feature of iTunes, and definitley incredibly original, but FAR from being the most powerful feature.

For GAWDS sake, by next week you'll be able to select, edit, and assign ringtones all from within iTunes: http://www.apple.com/itunes/store/ringtones.html

It's getting to the point where it will probably be an application in the future like iPhoto, iMovie, or iWeb. It'll probably be a new consumer sound editing program and integrate a light version of Apple's "Soundtrack" software: http://www.apple.com/finalcutexpress/soundtrack.html

"The iTunes Store - it's not just a store anymore." ;)

geposted Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 6:00 pm
OK, Let's go here! I would like to see at least a progress report... I'm about ready to go to a new program and I have been using this product since the begining on PC! The 4.3 version is a mess and I can understand the wait (to get it right). 4.3 will not allow itunes songs and completely screws up song tags. JUST GIVE US A WEEKLY UPATE PLEASE!

geposted Fri 07 Sep 07 @ 2:20 pm
comtecPRO InfinityMember since 2006
When Relese the virtula dj 5 & the numark cue 5 for mac book pro i buy a brand new mac only for the numark cue in dont cant use whit video because the dvi video out dont work on the dvj use

when relese????????????????

geposted Mon 17 Sep 07 @ 3:55 am
Ok the clock is ticking! Please someone from the team give us an update!!!! Not just a week or two away! That was 2 weeks ago! I am limping using Mega Seg and sick of not being able to use my skillz! Anybody can click play!

geposted Mon 17 Sep 07 @ 5:45 am
Hey there is nothing wrong with MegaSeg .. lol just gotta bring it out the old school way. You can mix, it's just that you have to tap it in manually. Let's not get in to the tech help for MegaSeg. lol

geposted Mon 17 Sep 07 @ 5:50 am
LOL Megaseg...seems to be working perfectly....NO flaws. sure it's not vdj but it's solid. BTW never had prob with tech help...also...changes coming :)

geposted Mon 17 Sep 07 @ 10:57 pm
14%