Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Can someone help me please - Timecoded CDs

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Can someone give me the quick crash course on how to set up timecoded CDs.

Tomorrow I am working the club that has a Denon scratching single CD player (the one with the spinning platter). I want to set up timecoded CDs so I can run with this single CD player. I only want to hook up one of the CD players for now.

So I need the crash course on hooking this all up. I currently have VDJ5 with a MK2 using the standard CMK drivers (not using ASIO currently). I am NOT using an external mixer.

I take it I have to hook the CD player up to one of the inputs on the MK2? I burned a copy of the timecoded CD. I guess I have to set up single timecoded CD in sound options right?

So here are my questions:

Do I need ASIO drivers for this? Where do I DL them if I do?

I take it I select single timecode?

And how do I switch the timecode from controlling the left side and the right side.

Thanks.

geposted Sat 01 Sep 07 @ 3:22 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Q. Do I need ASIO drivers for this?
A. YES

Q. I take it I select single timecode?
A. YES

Q. And how do I switch the timecode from controlling the left side and the right side.
A. This depends on the autoheadphones setting in options
Use "on load" so when you load a song the switch is done automatically, or disable to manually select the default deck

geposted Sat 01 Sep 07 @ 3:31 am
Where can I DL the proper ASIO drivers for the MK2?

geposted Sat 01 Sep 07 @ 6:38 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Try ASIO4all..google it, its a free download.

geposted Sat 01 Sep 07 @ 6:44 am
Also, make sure you downloaded the PRO version of the Timecode mp3 for that Denon player.

geposted Sat 01 Sep 07 @ 7:07 pm
I DLed the CD. Burned the pro version.

I DLed the ASIO drivers. I will install them tonight when I get to the bar. Hopefully I won't have any issues. ;)

geposted Sun 02 Sep 07 @ 2:37 am
Good luck!

geposted Sun 02 Sep 07 @ 2:47 am
Ok I tried it. While I think I had it set up properly... it was eh... ok i guess. One big issue I had was I couldn't pitch bend with the Denon 3500 CD player. It would only scratch. I tried pressing the pitch bend button on the player but that just screwed things up some more.

Also when I was trying to scratch... it was a tad laggy (just a small tad). Is this the case with timecodes? Will this be the case when Denon comes out with their new platter midi controller?

geposted Sun 02 Sep 07 @ 6:12 am
Yeah, it depends on how fast your computer is, what soundcard you have yada yada. I don't know why you couldn't pitch bend with it. If key lock was on on the player it won't work right.

geposted Sun 02 Sep 07 @ 8:06 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)