Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: DMC3 CONTROLLER - Page: 2

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Double O wrote :
jpboggis wrote :
My ideal controller would be:

High-quality built-in sound card with 3 stereo outputs (3rd used for samples.)

You should be able to do this with two sound cards and the Multi-Instance skin.

OO

No need for 2 sound cards - use the Gigaport AG, with Multi-Instance skin, a DAC2 or DAC3 with a DMC2 - set the DMC2 to 1 instance, set the DAC2 or DAC3 to the other instance. 4 decks for independent controls.

Also, all this hype about the Denon Controller and don't even know how it's really going to perform? Just my 2 cents... and it's not a knock on Denon - I know they make great products.

geposted Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 5:15 pm
Thanks for the info cstoll. You’re right about the Denon controller—it might not live up to the hype. I’ll wait until I read the responses of other VDJ users that purchase it. I'm going to also check the PCDJ forums for additional responses since Reflex is optimized to work with the controller. If the responses are good, I’ll likely buy one. If it's impressive with Reflex, I know VDJ will be optimized to be even more impressive with it.

OO

geposted Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 5:24 pm
jpboggis wrote :
My ideal controller would be:

• 3u 19" rack mount.
  • High-quality built-in sound card with 3 stereo outputs (3rd used for samples.)
  • Large, touch-sensitive colour LCD screen in the centre of the controller.
  • Touch sensitive jogwheels.
  • High-precision pitch sliders (1024 steps or perhaps better.)
  • High quality back-lit rubber buttons for the most commonly used functions such as: Play, Cue, Loop In/Out/Reloop, pitch bend +/-, keylock and jogwheel mode.
  • Ability to control dual-CD drawer unit from the same manufacturer (Allow it to be used as both a software and hardware controller in one.) A source button or switch on each side would be used to toggle between CD and software control.

The screens for the LCD display would be created using XML and bitmaps similar to the current skin SDK. This would allow you to define the various screens that the user can choose from and allow unlimited possibilities. The default screens could include:

• Audio playback optimised screen with on-screen software mixer.
  • Video playback optimised screen with 3x preview screens and on-screen video crossfader.
  • Full-screen file browser.
  • Effects screen.
  • Sample screen.

very nice list. One change: replace the pitch faders with motor faders, then the location in the software could be always the same as the software.
Ewout

geposted Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 10:47 pm
The suggestions listed are very good—and expensive. A controller with many of the listed features would cost a lot more than $499.

Just something to think about….

OO

geposted Sun 09 Sep 07 @ 9:31 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)