Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Files in browser

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

GaryBrPRO InfinityMember since 2006
In my browser i have files with a file path similar to \$recycle.bin

The files are not in the windows folders.

Updating or cleaning my database doesn't get rid of them.

Its as is if there is a hidden folder on my external hard drive, but i can't find it so i can't remove it.

What's it all about??

Gary

geposted Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 12:07 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
if you have an external hard drive - go empty the Recycle Bins of the hard drives. If you select and view the DRIVE column it will tell you which drive to look on.

geposted Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 12:11 am
Yes, it was the drive column i used to see where they where, but when i open the external drive that folder doesn't exist. (There is no recycle bin folder on the external drive) I've also tried disc clean up on it.

Gary

geposted Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 12:14 am
Open the drive in windows. Go to Tools -> Folder Options from the menu. Click View tab.. And select the option to 'Show Hidden files and folders'.
Now you should see the 'Recycled' item in your hard drives.

geposted Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 12:19 am
Ok, just done that, still no recycle bin there. How strange is this??

Gary

geposted Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 12:25 am
What happens if you choose to Delete them within VirtualDJ?

Highlight them, then right click - File Operations -> Delete

But, yes very odd.

geposted Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 12:26 am
Well, they seem to delete ok, but i don't know where i'm deleting them from, which is worrying.

Gary

geposted Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 12:51 am
Have you gotten rid of them all? If so, go to your Recycle Bin on the desktop - and do they show there?

geposted Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 1:08 am
Yes, if i delete them in the VDJ browser, they appear in my main recycle bin. In the recycle bin it says they are MP3 format files and that they are 1kb in size each, but if i play them in VDJ they are full length songs.

<confused>

Gary

geposted Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 3:10 am
That is very weird? The file names you see in the recycle bin, do you still have those tracks on your drive? I guess my question is are they really files or something else? When viewing your recycle bin from you windows desktop, if you right click on the column titles and select the Type column - what does windows report the file types as?

geposted Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 4:42 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)