Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Playlists automix - how it works

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Dev staffHome userSenior staffMember since 2003
Many of you seem to be a little confused with the playlist automix feature. Well, maybe we should rethink again the user-friendlyness of this feature ;). But in the meanwhile, here is how it works actually:

In Automix, VirtualDJ will try to use the best mix type possible between two songs.
There are three possible types of mixes: fade, cut, and tempo.
Vdj will choose the highest type possible that is accepted by both songs (ie if song 1 can do fade, cut and tempo, and song 2 can only do fade and cut, vdj will use a cut mix).
If you want, you have an option in the fame settings to force vdj to always use fade mix (the option is called "force fade").

When a song is analysed by the bpm engine, vdj will automatically compute what kind of mixes the song is compatible with, and where are the entry and exit points for each type of mix.
Usually, the algorithm will find the exact right point for you, but in case you want to change it (like if you feel the fade entry point removes too much of an intro for example), it's easy to change.
Load the song on a desk, clic on the BPM button, and go in the "edit automix" pannel. You can then change whatever parameteres you want for the automix of this particular song.
And of course your changes will be saved and remembered for later mixes.

I hope this makes things clearer.

geposted Fri 22 Oct 04 @ 12:51 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Thanks Dev team :)

I would aslo be nice to have a "dumb mode" that you could pick a 1-4 second fade for auto-mix feature

geposted Fri 22 Oct 04 @ 3:57 pm
I agree. The automix feature is defintely not user friendly. This has been one of the major ongoing issues with VDJ and I just wish they'd step up to the plate and make it as awesome as the rest of their program.

Please Please please,
Swingshoes

geposted Wed 01 Dec 04 @ 5:00 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Just to come back to an important post.

geposted Sat 25 Dec 04 @ 8:53 pm
keyonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
wait, guess I'm still not clear -- so how do I setup automix so it doesn't try to choose the best type of mix in 2.06? I tried force fade and setup the time of the fade, but it still changes pitch between fades. I want to get back like it was in the old version, just plain crossfades as determined by fade length.

geposted Sun 26 Dec 04 @ 12:07 am
If you use "force fade" , the automix doesn't use the best type of automix because you force a kind of automix ;-)

geposted Sun 26 Dec 04 @ 4:54 am
idj4uPRO InfinityMember since 2004
And if you want to stop VDJ from fading "cold finish" songs...? I'm still having trouble with that...

geposted Sun 26 Dec 04 @ 6:06 am
idj4u:
can you explain (again) your idea of "cold finish songs". I don't understand your wish...

geposted Sun 26 Dec 04 @ 9:26 am
keyonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
djcel, I appreciate your input. doesn't work for me though. I have it at force fade, crossfader at smooth and set crossfade length, but it still automatically changes pitch between songs. Any ideas? Again, I just want to do plain auto crossfades as only determinded my length of fades, like in the previous versions.

geposted Sun 26 Dec 04 @ 1:18 pm
Sorry for my last answer keyon, I was doing other things at the same time. Well, automix changes pitch to synchronise songs because the automix is clever and tries to do the best mix. But did you tried to put "pitch_reset" to "desactivated"?
Otherwise try my plugin XFade, it doesn't touch the pitch

geposted Sun 26 Dec 04 @ 1:44 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)