Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: England 3 Russia 0

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
just in case you missed the match...it was a cracker

Tayla

geposted Wed 12 Sep 07 @ 11:53 pm
yep... our best performance in years.

Nice to finally see the quality at our disposal live up to what it's capable of. (Against half decent competition)

geposted Thu 13 Sep 07 @ 12:40 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
We had a team made up mostly of football players, not a team mostly made up of celebritys like we often do. I find that once the media make a celebrity of a good player, they put so much pressure on them, the players end up doing very little on the field.

However, Russia did score and it was a good goal, no hand ball, so that was a bad decision. I strongly believe that those Refs should rely on camera replays when in those "hard to tell" situations, before making a decision, that way it would be fair.

I'm sure we would of won anyway, even if they had scored, but it's not the point as the result was false, so I'm a bit mythed at that.

Croatia had a nice won against Andorra, 6 - 0 :).

geposted Thu 13 Sep 07 @ 1:20 am
Football..... YAWN :P

When You guys go 7-0-1 Vs the Russian in a 8 game series like the Canadian JR hockey team Just did.

THEN

We'll talk

BTW the series was to mark the anniversry of the 1972 Summit Series.

Canada won that one too

:P

geposted Thu 13 Sep 07 @ 3:27 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Good Result:)

geposted Thu 13 Sep 07 @ 8:28 am
How disappointing.

I wanted the world's greatest player (Gerrard) to have a summer off, for once - he's gonna be tired after the Red Brigades destroy all before them.

PS: Big result for the Scots tonight over in Paris, fantastic!

geposted Thu 13 Sep 07 @ 10:31 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
think you better look over your shoulder with what big sams brought in to the toon, i personally did'nt want him and his long ball tactics, but he's doing ok and so are the team but hate his bloody 4 3 3 formation, so now looking forward to the season for the first time in years, plus were just keeping owen warm for england, he's gone come january...

Tayla

geposted Thu 13 Sep 07 @ 11:53 am
DJ Marcel_1 wrote :
Football..... YAWN :P

When You guys go 7-0-1 Vs the Russian in a 8 game series like the Canadian JR hockey team Just did.

THEN

We'll talk

BTW the series was to mark the anniversry of the 1972 Summit Series.

Canada won that one too

:P

Respect your love of Hockey... but footy is the way forward!

It's got everything... ellegance, skill, technique, strength, bravery, speed, agility.

For me you can't beat little moments like someone running at top pace, jumping in the air with a leg streched out and killing a crossed ball whipped in at pace, then volleying it into the back of the net, all in one gracefull swift movement..... sublime!

I used to play hockey at school (grass, not ice), it is actually quite similar (tatically) to football.

Football is the biggest sport in the world, so events like the world cup are just awesome to behold, knowing that the almost the whole world are on the edge of their seats.

Unlike 'World Series Baseball' ...with only American teams?? (Not bitching about baseball, just don't understand the title)

geposted Thu 13 Sep 07 @ 3:09 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
@ digimixer, it was a good win, are you a fan of a even better and proper team sport RUGBY.

How well do you think our team will do at the World cup. I want England to win, but I think it's New Zealand's turn this year.

Jimmy b

geposted Thu 13 Sep 07 @ 5:31 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)