Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Compression or other efx on Master output

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi all, my set up is VDJ 5rev2 on Windows Vista with Hercules MK2 and M-Audio Firewire Audiophile. Lately I havn´t been using the M-Audio soundcard but use the Hercules in Headphone mode and just send one master signal down the chain (internal mixer in VDJ) and output with the Hercules on ch 1/2 with good success.
Is there a reasonable way to add a effect to this master output signal without additional hardware? What I would really like is the Multiband Compressor that ships as VST with Adobe Audition 2 (also on the computer)...

geposted Thu 04 Oct 07 @ 3:05 pm
heck, thats easy.

Just copy the DLL vst file from Adobe into the sound effect directory in Virtual DJ ;)

(its either in Adobe Common files, or VST directory inside Program Folders)

VDJ supports VST's, but they need to be inside VDJ effect folder, so copy those you want into that.

There is also a VST forum part here, where you can find lots of good VSTs to download

geposted Thu 04 Oct 07 @ 5:04 pm
Am I missing something here (probably)??? When I try it I can only assign it to either deck. Not to the master output...

geposted Thu 04 Oct 07 @ 7:07 pm
I guess activating multiple soundcards (MK2 + Audiophile) and patch the output signal through Adobe Edition (same laptop as VDJ) is going way too far...

geposted Thu 04 Oct 07 @ 8:07 pm
057753832 wrote :
Am I missing something here (probably)??? When I try it I can only assign it to either deck. Not to the master output...

There is no master effect slot in VDJ yet, so you have to activate it for the deck you want to apply the effect to.

But master FX slot will hopefully come real soon

geposted Thu 04 Oct 07 @ 8:46 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)