Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: able to make print out

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

some dj and kj and vjs use this to make a book of all the artist-album-track type thing to make a book of all the tracks on file and set a few around the room and on the mix table (if your confertable with ppl that close to your equipment) so they could see what all you have with out coming up and saying do you have that one song. hope you now what im talking about

geposted Thu 04 Oct 07 @ 11:12 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I would look for a MP3 Catalog software program.

geposted Thu 04 Oct 07 @ 11:35 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
That would be mighty cool if you can print a catalog from your database.

geposted Thu 04 Oct 07 @ 11:51 pm
you can print out the mp3 database in the VDJ folder, but it takes a little effort to make a catalog that you'd want to show people. depends on how organized/professional looking you want it to be.

since the database in your VDJ folder is in notepad you can copy and paste. yeah, i know, VERY time consuming. but i would hazard a guess that you can copy and paste to whatever database software you prefer to organize it with.

and BTW... for dj's that have to keep a log of what is played. VDJ is the shiznit - ESPECIALLY when the boss wants to argue about what you have been playing and whether or not you have played a certain song at a certain time or day and he says you didnt... to the tune of $50...

that got me a tank of gas and some Taco Bell... $50 is $50

and he'll be getting VDJ in the mail for his sports bar shortly. life is good.

geposted Fri 05 Oct 07 @ 12:20 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
wildcountryclub wrote :
you can print out the mp3 database in the VDJ folder, but it takes a little effort to make a catalog that you'd want to show people. depends on how organized/professional looking you want it to be

That is in V4.x and prior. Version 5 no longer uses a mp3database.txt file.

geposted Fri 05 Oct 07 @ 12:31 am

There are plenty of good MP3 catalogue softwares around

For VDJ, you could theoretically make a playlist for a folder, and save the playlist, and open it in notepad or other text editors

#VirtualDJ Playlist
#MixType=Smart
I:\MUSIKK\Dance & house\HOUSE\Dance house\2007\Charlean Dance - Mr. DJ (Moto Blanco Remix).mp3
I:\MUSIKK\Dance & house\HOUSE\Dance house\2007\Nelly Furtado - Say It Right (Dummies Remix).mp3
I:\MUSIKK\Dance & house\HOUSE\Dance house\2007\Chick Flowerz feat. Muriel Fowl - Rhythm Is A Dancer (Original Chic Flowerz Vocal Mix).mp3
I:\MUSIKK\Dance & house\HOUSE\Dance house\2007\Arno Cost & The Henchmen feat Sheila Chandra - Women (Kevin Sunray Remix).mp3
I:\MUSIKK\Dance & house\HOUSE\Dance house\2007\Serial Crew - Make Your Own Kind Of Music (The Freshmakers Indisco Remix).mp3
I:\MUSIKK\Dance & house\HOUSE\Dance house\2007\Sunfreakz Feat Andrea Britton - Counting Down The Days (Fonzerelli Mix).mp3
I:\MUSIKK\Dance & house\HOUSE\Dance house\2007\Dennis Christopher - Soulshakin' (Triple Dee Rebuild) (Feat. The Lovely Laura & Pav).mp3
I:\MUSIKK\Dance & house\HOUSE\Dance house\2007\Dr Beat Ft. Lucy Clarke - Heat Of The Sunshine (Orig Dub).mp3
I:\MUSIKK\Dance & house\HOUSE\Dance house\2007\Funkerman & Fedde Le Grand - WHEELS IN MOTION (original mix).mp3

The use search and relace to remove the "I:\MUSIKK\Dance & house\HOUSE\Dance house\2007\" part...

But it doesnt look too pretty though ;)

geposted Fri 05 Oct 07 @ 12:40 am
cstoll wrote :
wildcountryclub wrote :
you can print out the mp3 database in the VDJ folder, but it takes a little effort to make a catalog that you'd want to show people. depends on how organized/professional looking you want it to be

That is in V4.x and prior. Version 5 no longer uses a mp3database.txt file.

um. then is the file i'm looking at a holdover from ver. 4.3?

installed ver. 5.2 on home system to put it through the wringer before it goes to work (should be soon - have not managed to make it crash except for when changing skins in a couple weeks) and there is mp3database.txt sittin' right there in the folder. and it does include songs added after the upgrade.

color me confused.

geposted Fri 05 Oct 07 @ 1:35 am

geposted Fri 05 Oct 07 @ 2:50 am
Can the "Karen's Directory Printer" software print information from the ID3 tags from audio files? It does not look like it can from the software's page. I dedicate more time to the ID3 tags than to the file names on the songs.

Thank you for the other software, that might be what I can use for my next event. This is a very good idea since I had people come up to me and ask me for a specific song. I then I have to search through the database while I was busy cueing up the next song.

geposted Fri 05 Oct 07 @ 5:26 am
I have Tagscanner and it allows me to show everything in my database and structure it to how I want it printed. VERY NICE! I wish I knew about this years ago when I had to input everything manually via EXCEL and print at least once every month and half for updated books. Otherwise, VDJ history is great to show what you've played and you can print the MP3 file. I do it all the time when I have meeting with my club to show trends.

geposted Fri 05 Oct 07 @ 5:27 pm
GargantulaKon wrote :
Can the "Karen's Directory Printer" software print information from the ID3 tags from audio files?

No, but when i used it, I wanted a book a lot like a karaoke book, pages printed either <Artist> - <Title> or <Title> - <Artist>

BUT, if you have your directory structure set in eith er years or genres then you just do a different section for each folder.

The good thing with Karens is that id does ANYTHING, not just mp3 files, so you can do a video's book from it.

geposted Fri 05 Oct 07 @ 5:35 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)