Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Plug-In for Denon DN-HC4500 - Page: 3

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

just ordered one, out of stock tho :( no probs waiting as i'm gonna wait for the mapper rather than using midi. Anybody want to buy a DAC-3 then? - just replaced the USB socket and cleaned the switches so good as new....

geposted Tue 20 Nov 07 @ 3:03 pm
@jpboggis

Couple of questions regarding your new DC-4500 mapper :

1) Do you think it will work reliably/well as is or will the native support in VDJ need to be improved (i.e, wait for later vdj revision).

2) which buttons are you mapping to change the video (on the DAC-3 it was shift>play or shift>load i think). can't see a shift button on the HC-4500. Assume you'll map one of the 5 function keys ?

No rush as i just got a DMC-2 which i love with your mapper :)

Many thanks

geposted Tue 20 Nov 07 @ 3:27 pm
nickgoodman wrote :
1) Do you think it will work reliably/well as is or will the native support in VDJ need to be improved (i.e, wait for later vdj revision)

The mapper won't be released until it runs reliably. Currently the freezing bug affects the mapper too, but hopefully VDJ will be updated soon and this problem fixed.

MIDI mapping works reliably, but if you are used to a DAC-3 or DMC-2 with working LED's/displays, it's a bit of a step backwards. I haven't used my HC4500 properly yet - It's been used for mapper development only so far.

nickgoodman wrote :
which buttons are you mapping to change the video (on the DAC-3

Currently JOG MODE + PLAY or CUE

Also, in video mode, the search << >> buttons will be used to video crossfade left/right, similar to the dedicated buttons on the DMC-2.

Another feature I hope to have working is the X-control so that the real crossfader can be used on compatible Denon mixers (Somebody else will need to test that though because I don't own one of these.)

geposted Tue 20 Nov 07 @ 6:30 pm
I also need to use it with a midi mixer since I mix mostly videos :)

geposted Tue 20 Nov 07 @ 7:07 pm
man i'm running out of time. i need it by dec. 05 and i need to be pretty familar with it too. do you think i should have gotten the numark dmc2? whats the dif. between the 2? sound quality?

geposted Tue 20 Nov 07 @ 9:41 pm
QUOTE - man i'm running out of time. i need it by dec. 05 and i need to be pretty familar with it too. do you think i should have gotten the numark dmc2? whats the dif. between the 2? sound quality?

The DMC2 is actually designed for virtual dj/numark cue and is fully working, The 4500 has a built in asio sound card, the dmc2 does not so you will need another soundcard. I would suggest that the 4500 being Denon has a slightly better build quality, but the numark is good, certainly alot better than my DAC3 which had buttons that wore out very quickly and often needed cleaning. I have two systems, ultimately i will have a DMC-2 on one and the 4500 on the other, the DAC-3 is going on ebay. I quite like the 4500 in that it is compatible with my CD players (DN-4000), which means i don't have to have two head units in the case, which i don't have room for nor want. Just been playing with the DMC2 for the first time tonite with JPBoggis mapper, and I love it, it really is good the way you don't need to really look at the screen at all, and the layout is simple yet powerful. Hope all this helps :)

geposted Tue 20 Nov 07 @ 11:32 pm
Hey Nick When did you get the 2Channel rackmount Vestax mixer?

I have been looking for that model since I first saw it. It's been discontinued.

Always been intrigued with it and wanted to try one out.

geposted Wed 21 Nov 07 @ 1:03 am
thanks for the info (nickgoodman). i'll give it till the end of the month.

geposted Wed 21 Nov 07 @ 5:15 am
@DJ Marcel :

Got it new of ebay ! - real bargain too - £150. (Think it retailed at £300+ when originally) out. It's worth checking there often as these often pop up.

geposted Wed 21 Nov 07 @ 12:38 pm
Hi jp boggis. Hows the progress on the mapper for the hc-4500. Is it still looking good? As soon as you give the the thumps up i'm buying the software. I'm currenty using my friends laptop for the tests. he has version 5 rev 2

geposted Mon 26 Nov 07 @ 10:13 pm
Guys, how are you? Wondering if anyone could give me details as to how i can get the dn-hc4500 to work with my virtual dj. What do I have to change on the settings to make it work efficiently. If anyone could help me. It would be greatly appreciated.

geposted Tue 27 Nov 07 @ 4:22 am
You can map it via midi it works fine but no leds till jboggis finishes the mapper, regards.

geposted Tue 27 Nov 07 @ 4:18 pm
GUNGI9515 wrote :
Hi jp boggis. Hows the progress on the mapper for the hc-4500. Is it still looking good? As soon as you give the the thumps up i'm buying the software. I'm currenty using my friends laptop for the tests. he has version 5 rev 2

It's still work in progress, but getting closer to completion now.

geposted Tue 27 Nov 07 @ 7:57 pm
YOU ARE THE MAN !!!! Can't wait. BTW will it be vista compatible? let me know because i just baught a new dell laptop and i still have til the dec. 5 to return it or exchange it for XP

geposted Tue 27 Nov 07 @ 9:30 pm
@GUNGI9515 -

Virtual DJ is vista compatible so i'm 99.99% sure this will be as well. You should bear in mind that even when the mapper is done we need the freezing bug in VDJ fixed to use this which will mean a new version/revision. You can of course map it in midi though with the current version. Mine arrives tomorrow :)

geposted Tue 27 Nov 07 @ 9:56 pm
Does any one know when this new rev. Will be released To fix the freezing problem? God i hope its befor dec. 10 or i'm screwed.

geposted Tue 27 Nov 07 @ 11:46 pm
Thank you for answering, Now I am just lost as to how I am supposed to have the virtual dj program Recognize the controller. Do I just highlight the denon controller picture. Or do I do that and activate the MIDI icon, and if so what are the settings that need to changed or set up.

geposted Wed 28 Nov 07 @ 4:31 am
@GUNGI9515

I guess freezing problem will be solved with jpboggis' mapper.

geposted Wed 28 Nov 07 @ 6:18 pm
@djyayo2001

For native support you only select the denon picture, but you will have the freezing problems besides some other issues, probably will be solved soon but meanwhile you can work with a midi mapper that you can create your own, but consider that leds and displays don't work.

geposted Wed 28 Nov 07 @ 7:12 pm
Hi jp boggis. Hows the progress on the mapper for the hc-4500. Is it still looking good? Just wondering be you said by the end of the month.Thanks and good luck. We have faith in you.

geposted Sat 01 Dec 07 @ 5:35 pm
66%