Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Just bought a Hecules DJ Console

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Just bought a Hecules DJ Console from an www.pssl.com

Why? I don't know. I just want to see it and compare to the XP10 and the DAC-2.

I am not sure if I am getting the new ones that do not have problems with the jog wheels jumping all over the place.

Someone told me that the new ones have better jog wheels? What are your thoughts? How does it compare to the XP10? The DAC-2?

WirelessDJ

geposted Sun 07 Nov 04 @ 10:21 pm
I got an Hdc & I hope for you the xp10's work better:)
it's a waste of money
the pitch controller isn't working like it should
I can't get the mic to work (plugged it in my mixer now)
The jog wheels are flippin from time to time
You can't scrach with the jogs without the full version
Do I need to say more
Spent the money on Vdj & setup the wright shortcuts
then, you can do the same thing than the HDC accept cueing with the jogs but who needs this anyway?
haven't tested the xp10's yet
I wonna go for the tcv but there isn't enough info yet.
how about some samples using the tcv for fast scratching will convince me:)

geposted Mon 08 Nov 04 @ 7:24 am
djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
well wirelessdj.
as you see i have a hercules console.
i never had a problem with the console.
about the joggs, what i do is when i use it i wear a T-shirt.
that's realy nessasary (damned my english).
i allways thougt that my joggs get crazy all the time,but that was my own foult because i did that with my arms while using the loop/cue/fx buttons.
when you tread it like it's you girlfriend nothings happend.
but after all. it's more a tool than a pro thing...

geposted Mon 08 Nov 04 @ 9:21 am
robmanPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I think for people who have no kit other than their PC, the HDJC is a good starting point. If you are a turntable wizard with your own decks and mixer, it is probably of less value to you!

The XP10s look lovely, although if I was gonna go pro, I would probably prefer something akin to the motorised scratch decks (CD/MP3) out there. AFAIK no one has made one yet that interfaces with a PC, which is a shame as VDJ is so flexible. Maybe motorised XP10s would be the best compact solution?

I already had an Evolution UC-33 and a home-made mouse-hack turntable, as well as a 2 channel scratch mixer, but I liked the compactness of the HDJC, the fact that the data it spews out could be recorded on the PC (and maybe edited afterwards) and the extra audio/midi interfaces.

geposted Mon 08 Nov 04 @ 10:06 am
ok, well if it sucks I can always send it back

I am hoping that hercules has fixed most of the problems and that is why I waited and didn't get one the moment it came out

geposted Mon 08 Nov 04 @ 12:28 pm
robmanPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Well it is nice to have the knobs, buttons and jog wheels. Scratching with it seems to be a bit hit and miss for me. My only "issue" with it is the fact that the FX, Cue and Loop buttons are combined, and you have to choose which one you are modifying. I decided to add on a dedicated button panel instead, using a Saitek P8000 (37 buttons with custom overlays) which works fantastically. I'll upload a picture one day!

geposted Mon 08 Nov 04 @ 1:39 pm

geposted Mon 08 Nov 04 @ 11:54 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Any link to buy this online (and ship to greece) ?
I cant find it at ebay either.
(i'm talking about Saitek p8000)

geposted Tue 09 Nov 04 @ 12:47 am
riben1Home userMember since 2005
HI guys,

i plugged in my Hercuels console, and the mixed audio comes out from the headphones and the headphone audio comes out of the master..... do you have any idea whats the problem?

Thanx

geposted Sat 02 Apr 05 @ 2:00 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)