Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Broadcast input resets

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Ok, so you use an external sound card for VDJ with an external mixer. It maybe that you run VDJ before noticing your soundcard wasnt turned on or the cable was disconnected, even though the last time you ran VDJ it was all setup correctly.

If you use ASIO, you'd get an error message which says error in ASIO driver, which means you need to go check something. This is perfectly fine. Look, see that your soundcard was off or disconnected and fix the problem.

Now, I would hope this is the same behaviour for the input on the REC feature. However it isnt. Maybe this isnt a bug. Technically if you open and close VDJ it will remember the last settings.

I had a very unfortunate and embarrassing experience with the radio last night. VDJ seems to reset my selected input and keeps going back to the laptop MIC. First half of the set was fine because i wasnt talking, but people complained i needed to turn my input up. Funny enough, noone had suspected the sound was coming off the mic. I use WaveLab on the side simply to monitor the input from my mixer so i maintain consistent levels to the broadcast.

That crappy bit was my friend came over and we are quite racous and swear at each other alot. Spun came on and nearly booted me for foul language, which should not have been heard. Despite my sound card outputs stick to my ASIO driver, the input setting for the broadcast has rest to laptop mic and I had forgotten to check it.

I would like that a certain setting for broadcasting can be properly remembered and not reset with the presence of hardware or not. This may not be possible since the dropdown shows 'available' hardware. But I would like that there could be a sort of locking feature which says, 'expect this input or dont use anything at all without an error'.

I feel really bad and my heartfelt apologies goes to the radio staff. I would have kicked myself off. Spun is a standup mate for giving me a 2 minute warning.... hehe, and when I said 'bite me b#tch, that was for my friend, not you ;-)... how embarassing is that :-S

geposted Sun 18 Nov 07 @ 11:48 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)