Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Need Some Help!

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

DAMONACHome userMember since 2007
Can somebody help me out. I don't have any external controller like XP10 or Numark, so I use the keyboard to scratch by assigning shortcut to the scratch. But what I have noticed is that when I scratch with the mouse, it sounds a whole lot better than when I use the keyboard.I think you understand what I'm trying to say? Yes, that is it.
So, that is my problem, can you help me make the keyboard scratching sound like the mouse scratching? Or even like the XP10 or Numark controllers. That won't be a bad idea. Someone might say, then why don't I use the mouse and leave the keyboard alone.
But you know, I like using the keyboard so much when it comes to VDJ. I'm planning to buy a full version very soon.
Thanks.

Monarch!

geposted Fri 14 Dec 07 @ 8:19 am
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Damonac,

This is not (in my mind) a feasible request. For any dj who scratches, they will know that scratching is an art that is highly motivated by skill and style. A scratch will sound different in a million ways by extremely subtle differences in movement of the hand. Every good turntablist has their own style as well which is created from years of work and immitating and adapting styles they learned from their 'heroes'.

I suggest you get the proper gear if you want to properly scratch, no other way around it AFAIK.

There is however, the "Vinyl scratch" mode of the USB camera remote control in the options. Enable it and try that out. It's actually quite cool because you still can use the nuances of the human hand instead of a machine trying to immitate your movements. I use timecode vinyls, but the cam-scratching is kinda fun and it works quite well.

geposted Sun 16 Dec 07 @ 3:30 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)