Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Song Load - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

ALI11CUE userMember since 2006
I put cue on automatic mix for about 12 hours it ran fine no problems but when i went to load a song it only loaded up about 25% of the song i also tried other songs and it did the same, when i play the song it starts to load a little at a time. Under options i tried 30 min and max settings and i got the same result this only happened when the system ran for about 5 or more hours. CPU specs 2 gigs of ram AMD TURION DUAL CORE PROCESS TL 56, 500 GIG WESTERN DIGITAL EX HD,

geposted Thu 03 Jan 08 @ 8:46 am
Hmmm, seems like you had Cue running for a rather long time...did you try a hard-reset? It could be that your computer just got bogged down with 12+ hours of audio processing?

geposted Thu 03 Jan 08 @ 11:53 am
Yea after a restart it's fine but i have some mix's that's about 20 - 30 minutes long and they only load about 25% of the way what causes that?

geposted Thu 03 Jan 08 @ 11:57 am
Hmmm, I'm a complete n00b at this - but it sounds like you could me having memory issues. I know you said that you adjusted the settings to compensate.

I've got some longer mixes that I'll try tonight and see what happens.

You probably have already done this - but it might be worth shutting of any other apps that you're running - they can hog the memory too.

geposted Thu 03 Jan 08 @ 1:10 pm
I already did i even turned off my internet i have a switch that can disable it. I have 2 gigs of ram that is more than enough!!

geposted Thu 03 Jan 08 @ 1:24 pm
Go into options and try setting your max load to always.

geposted Thu 03 Jan 08 @ 5:42 pm
I tried all of that but still have the same problem!

geposted Fri 04 Jan 08 @ 3:21 am
Hey ALI11 -

I tried emulating your problem last night, but I didn'tn quite succeed. I used a couple of large .wav files, and they made my system jitter a little bit, but for the most part they performed fine (I think I was using a couple of 80mb files.)

They both loaded okay. Have you tried shooting the guys at Atomix a quick email?

Sorry I couldn't help :(

geposted Sat 05 Jan 08 @ 5:27 pm
djlexPRO InfinityMember since 2004
find a tool software that will check your ram memery clusters , maybe one chip heats up and acts strange, btw how is ventilation for this machine?
do you have the hdd running all the time, turn off system restore and all the tricks?

geposted Sat 05 Jan 08 @ 7:32 pm
Ventilation is good i'm using the odyessey L stand for my note book. Also my 2 gigs of ram is working fine!

geposted Sun 06 Jan 08 @ 10:25 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Manually scan you song again and see if the song length is updated.

geposted Sun 06 Jan 08 @ 2:06 pm
I did that i scanned it under techno house and any music but same results i have a track thats 80 min long it plays and it loads at the same time for instance let's say the song is at 20 seconds the load is like at 20 seconds ahead of the song and it is like that for the whole 80 minutes. I also noticed that my backspin botton does not work with those long tracks its not really a big issue cause i don't play long tracks at a party i usally put it on a cd!! I think the long tracks are to much strain on the program. Other than that all my regular tracks that i mix with are fine no problems!

geposted Sun 06 Jan 08 @ 3:46 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Is it VBR mp3 ?

geposted Sun 06 Jan 08 @ 4:39 pm
It say's mp3 MB

geposted Sun 06 Jan 08 @ 9:42 pm
mgloverPRO SubscriberMember since 2007
Ali11 I have that same problem . Done everything cant even mix my other song in cause its loading up so slow. my software hasn't work right since i got it. I had better progress with the cheap version virtual dj 3, still need help

geposted Thu 10 Jan 08 @ 8:25 pm
I too have had this happen to me. Only after a very long session. (Sometimes I pull double shifts at the strip club.)

geposted Thu 10 Jan 08 @ 10:34 pm
KeivanPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I also have had this happen to me. I tried another track and it worked but couldn't play certain tracks. I would like to find out why this happened to me. This also happened to me after about 5 hours of operation. Only loaded half way then no more progress in the visual wave view. I'm using Dell inspiron 9400, Pentium core due 2 gig of ram windows XP 100 gig HD 7200 rpm.

Keivan

geposted Sat 12 Jan 08 @ 9:53 pm
Its weird that is one problem i can't seem to solve well i don't play long tracks i'm affraid of the strain it would put on the laptop i would rather to put in a mix cd to be on the safe side;)

geposted Tue 15 Jan 08 @ 4:40 pm
KeivanPRO InfinityMember since 2006
If I reboot I could play the very same song that wouldn't load. It seems to be when up and running for long periods of time.

Keivan

geposted Wed 16 Jan 08 @ 5:45 pm
If you folks are all running external HDDs on USB, try this. Right-click on My Computer, click Properties, then click on the hardware tab. Click on the Device Manager button, scroll down to Universal Serial Bus controllers, then right (or double) click the first selection for USB Root Hub. Click the Power Management tab, then uncheck the box next to: "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power." Repeat the procedure for each root hub in the list.

Before I did this, I used to have unexpected problems also.

Reapeat your tests, then report your findings here.

Hope this helps!

Doc

geposted Thu 17 Jan 08 @ 9:09 am
77%