Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Qtraks

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hey,
Does anyone know what Qtraks is, I here it's a free and totally legal music download site provided by the record labels.
Just wondering if this is true and if so how does it work?

thanx

geposted Tue 29 Jan 08 @ 4:11 pm
I heard about that on CNN. Apparently, music companies were denying that they gave them permission to host and share music for free. I according to Qtraks, they said there is a contract being negotiated now..In fact, it just needs to be signed. I think that was only with Warner Brothers though.

Haven't been to the site though.

geposted Tue 29 Jan 08 @ 5:46 pm
so I guess there is some truth to this few people were talking about this and i was a little skeptical.

thanks speedDemon29

geposted Tue 29 Jan 08 @ 9:42 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
danny

theres a bit on this also if you take a look on general forum, the four main players in this are now saying qtrax has moved the goalposts in the original agreement and qtrax is hitting back with a claim it will soon have a relaunch date for this free service

Tayla

geposted Thu 31 Jan 08 @ 7:58 pm
Thanks Tayla for the info I guess we will just have to wait an see what happens sounds sweet access to 25,000,000 files free and legal wow!

Any word on when venue vj wil be available???

Thanks Again Danny

geposted Thu 31 Jan 08 @ 8:37 pm
djdannydquattro wrote :
...access to 25,000,000 files...

If I am not mistaken, this is an optimistic projection based on total files, including the p2p element (shared from other users, etc.), so the figure is undoubtly going to include myriad duplicates, and some files are only destined to be opted for purchase, at least until the advertising numbers become favorable. Just something to keep in mind (I read the fine print).

;)

geposted Thu 31 Jan 08 @ 9:24 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)