Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Improved Interface for Video Linking

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
VDJ Version 5.0.7 added a new feature that allows videos to be linked to audio files - however, I personaly have found that the interface for this is somewhat confusing, especially after years of loading songs by dropping them on the video preview.

I propose an interface enhancement that would make it far more obvious as to what is going on, soas not to confuse users, and also to make the interface more flexible.

What I suggest is to have an icon appear in a corner of the Video preview window when a video is dragged over it that indicates that the video will be linked to the current song if the video is dropped on that icon. It might be neat if such an icon where translucent. I would suggest that the icon takes up maybe 1/2 or 1/4 of the video preview area. That way the rest of the video preview window could be used to load the song onto the deck, as users are accustomed to.

If a normal audio file (with no video) is dropped onto the deck, the song should be loaded without this icon appearing at all. I think that this would give the benefits of the new feature without any confusion by users as to what is going on, and it would also make the interface a little more clear and flexible.

geposted Sun 10 Feb 08 @ 9:30 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)