Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: your unique tehnique

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

so alot of people say beat mixing isnt all a dj does
there are other techniques so please share some of yours
and also include a description

im going to start and since im a noob here
my technique is putting both songs into a loop and switch from one to the other
after the son u are mixing to is overpowering the first song u take off the loop

geposted Tue 12 Feb 08 @ 4:08 pm
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
i play my tracks full due to the style and i always wait for the right moment. anyone who has heard me on vdj radio will agree that my style is about smoothness. eqing is the principle thing, knowing when to punch the bassline in the incoming track.

geposted Wed 13 Feb 08 @ 7:15 am
My style is playing to the energy and emotions. I don't mix a song just because it can be beatmatched. To me, it has to have a natural transition of sound and rhythem. Sometimes I may play a 1:30 and cut it because thats where the break is to introduce my next song or I may play the whole song because I'm about to transition into a different vibe.

geposted Wed 13 Feb 08 @ 2:28 pm
PFD50PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Apart from what's mentioned above I also use drill downs, going from a 8 beat loop to 4 to 2 to 1 to driiiiiiiiiiilllllllllllllllllllll. Difficult to get right and you have to know your tunes.

Spinbacks to get rid of a tune. Mosty used when I need a "get out" LOL

Thrashing. Pulling in a tune a lot louder than the one thats playing i.e the piano riff in Utah Saints, Something Good.

Dead Stop. Self explained that one

I'm getting better and more willing to "mess around" all the time.

geposted Sun 17 Feb 08 @ 5:04 am
amanandwhat wrote :
so alot of people say beat mixing isnt all a dj does
there are other techniques so please share some of yours
and also include a description

im going to start and since im a noob here
my technique is putting both songs into a loop and switch from one to the other
after the son u are mixing to is overpowering the first song u take off the loop

There are many techniques that can used throughout your set but a style is what make you confirtable in the music your playing. Keep in mind the audience is the ultimate goal. Give us what style of music you like to play and maybe a variety of styles will emerge. We really can't give a style because everyone has a different style that's spacific to the music being played. I hope that makes since.

geposted Mon 18 Feb 08 @ 2:47 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)