Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ Shutdown [SOLVED]

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

VDJ keeps shutting down while i'm trying to play videos. There are no changes to the error log after these crashes. The videos (AVI /MPG) i've test never seem to do the same issue twice, if the program shuts down using a particular video, i'll test the program using the same video and nothing happens it plays fine. I've even disabled hardware acceleration and still it shuts down. And after shutdown, i have to reconfigure all my options with sound/video..its like the program goes back to default settings after the crash.

i've also disabled alot of the background programs and i've never overclocked it.

i've tried the PERFORMANCE setting and it didnt help.
I tried numerous times with different setting and nothing helped.

WinXP
2.8 dual core xtreme cpu
4 gigs/667mhz ram
NVIDIA GeForce 8700M GT Graphics

Any pointers would be appreciated.

geposted Mon 25 Feb 08 @ 10:59 am
Your best bet is to post the contents of the "crashguard.txt" file, so those who know how to interpret it can have a peek.

geposted Mon 25 Feb 08 @ 4:00 pm
sure, but it doesnt show any of these current crashes within the crashguard report.

here is the crashguard report
Crash ID=4fdfb1fc (date=711072144, version=5.0 rev.5, build=505, thread=Main, dump=2b40fc74, excode=c0000005 (0,801e0))
Crash ID=004726a1 (date=712062255, version=5.0 rev.6, build=506, thread=Main, dump=8b421451, excode=c0000005 (0,1013))

i'm using rev 7, and was using 7 when these crashes accured...this report shows rev 5 and 6.

geposted Mon 25 Feb 08 @ 6:48 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Indeed it's not linked to 5.0.7 but for your information
djdarryl1 wrote :
Crash ID=4fdfb1fc (date=711072144, version=5.0 rev.5, build=505, thread=Main, dump=2b40fc74, excode=c0000005 (0,801e0))

It's an external crash

djdarryl1 wrote :
Crash ID=004726a1 (date=712062255, version=5.0 rev.6, build=506, thread=Main, dump=8b421451, excode=c0000005 (0,1013))

This crash is due to an invalid folder. Maybe a bad access to the HD (maybe external ?) or defectuous sectors on the HD

You can now delete the "crashguard report.txt" file

geposted Tue 26 Feb 08 @ 4:09 pm
i dont use an external hard drive, and i hope "defectuous sector" is not the case, since this is a brand new laptop...how can i verify this sector issue (if its the problem)..i'll run error-checking on the drive and let u know what it finds...

thank you

PS thanks for a quick response on this, i sent this information to helpdesk 24 days ago, and still havent gotten a response.

geposted Tue 26 Feb 08 @ 6:36 pm
ran chkdsk and it didnt find any issues with my hard drive.

geposted Wed 27 Feb 08 @ 1:39 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Do a De-frag now, some files might have been fragmented.

I always do a Disk Clean Up and a De-frag, once a week as my regularly weekly checks.

Jimmy b

geposted Wed 27 Feb 08 @ 2:11 am
i dont think thats the issue, but thanks. I also defrag weekly sometimes more, always after cleaning up my database files, which is quite often.

geposted Wed 27 Feb 08 @ 10:55 am
You mentioned that this is a new laptop. Did this issue ever occur on your old setup?

geposted Sat 01 Mar 08 @ 3:30 am
never did videos on the old one, thats why i bought the new one to handle vids

geposted Sat 01 Mar 08 @ 11:13 am
solved

start/run dxdiag

Display Tab

DISABLED - AGP Texture Acceleration

No more shutdowns, no video freeze, everything works great now!

geposted Sat 15 Mar 08 @ 6:59 pm
Had one of these weird crashes last night for the 1st time using rev 7. Running Vista.

geposted Sat 15 Mar 08 @ 8:09 pm
Quote :
Had one of these weird crashes last night for the 1st time using rev 7. Running Vista.
Exactly the same happened to me yesterday. Also was the first time I ever used the sonique plug-in. I'm not sure yet if that caused the problem.

geposted Mon 17 Mar 08 @ 2:57 am
You know, I didn't think of it until I read this thread, but I was using sonique a little bit on Sat. before my major crash (no windows error logged, no crashguard report). It didn't crash while the plugin was running, but well after, during a karaoke track, using 5.0.6.

geposted Tue 18 Mar 08 @ 12:40 am
the fix i mentioned above lasted about a week and everything went back to video freezing issues

This is my other option...

2nd fix (which has worked so far)

right click desktop
goto properites
Settings Tab
Advanced Button
Troubleshoot Tab
set my hardware accleration to half

I had my first complete video night (without any issues/freezes/crashes)...whew..

I guess the VDJ program and the video card were both wanting to get at Hardware acceleration at the same time and would freeze up the videos

geposted Sat 22 Mar 08 @ 6:12 pm

I did the same thing about a month ago; Glad it had the same results for you as it did for me.

It got rid of my freezes, green lines, overlooped previous videos, stutters, EVERYTHING got solved by reducing windows diertx acceleration and allowing the VID card to do the work.

geposted Sat 22 Mar 08 @ 6:55 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)