Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Timecodes Not Reading anymore

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

This past Wednesday I received my copy of "Virtual Vinyl" in the mail, and I installed it to my computer. At that time I had ONE Technics SL-1200mk2 turntable, and so I started playing around with a single timecode, with no problems in the setup. I was in the market for another table, and I stumbled across two more SL-1200mk2 for a great price so I bought those tables which are in better condition, and disconnected the original one.

Now when I set up my new SL-1200mk2's to the soundcard and try to configure the timecode vinyls, there is no 0% signal on the setup window.... BUT, when I tried the same on my laptop, I got a shaky signal from both tables (jumps around from 30% to 100% and dosnt give a clean sounding signal. Also, when I play a song with the input set to "2 timecodes", but in the "off" position on the main console, the songs are playing at lightning speed and can't be understood, but when the input is set to "none" then the songs play properly, but obviously without the timecode control.

I've checked the cartridges, and they are clean and correct. The Grounds are connected, and everything is plugged in properly. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I have a concert I am mixing at in a few weeks and I need to get my mix down solid before-hand.

geposted Sat 05 Apr 08 @ 11:05 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
can you raise the input levels a little bit?

geposted Tue 08 Apr 08 @ 1:35 pm
gencomCUE userMember since 2007
it happened to me too before....

check and make sure you have the rca cables going the same way i.e white on wite red on red.

make sure u dont have cd selected...

u might have to use the riaa preamp
and odly enough... the thing that really fixed mine was.. a uninstall and reinstall of vdj with both hooked up.

geposted Tue 08 Apr 08 @ 3:59 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)