Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Ideas to Load Plug-In Effects

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Although this post may be also suitable for the Plug-ins forum, I think it is general enough for this forum.

Version 2.00 of vDJ delivered an easier way to load Effect Plug-ins via dragNdrop. However, depending on your style, this method may still not be easy enough for fast on the fly action.

Please post CLEVER ideas or methods that you employ when you need to quickly swap plug-in effects on the fly.

geposted Fri 24 Dec 04 @ 10:31 am
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I think it's a cool way to load a plugin.
It would be better if we could load more than 3 plugins at the same time but the drag'n drop is easy to load and to view all plugins available.

geposted Fri 24 Dec 04 @ 11:13 am
Same as Clax use dragndrop all the time..its pretty fast

geposted Fri 24 Dec 04 @ 11:19 am
I still think there should be a seperate window, as there should be a seperate window for a karaoke singers list. This way to you minimize them and position them as you wish.

geposted Fri 24 Dec 04 @ 11:36 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
One more thing: can plug-in's be in alphabet order rather than the newst on the bottom (as i believe it current setting)? It would be much faster to find one when u need it!

If it's already possible, tell me how :)

geposted Fri 24 Dec 04 @ 3:26 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I think dragndrop is good but more than 3 effects should be enjoyed. For developpers,the only change is the size of the pics (bitmap.bmp and selected.bmp) for the plugin, have a look in VdjDsp2.h. The only thing to do is decreasing the height of bitmaps and add new slots . But don't change the right part of effects (provided or custom), the size is good.

geposted Fri 24 Dec 04 @ 8:21 pm
@djcel

I am not sure that your suggested change is the only factor to considered in having more effects. I think we would all completely agree with you that we would all ultimately like to enjoy more effects per channel, but I am pretty sure there is a performance factor to be considered. Maybe development can clarify.

Let me take this opportunity to say that NOTHING should put stability or performance at risk. It is like the 3 robot rules. Rule #1 is a robot should never harm a human. (did anyone watch the movie I-Robot ? [:o)

Rule #1 for an application like vDJ is it must be as stable and reliable as possible. I think many would agree.

Again, I would like to see clever best practices that work within what is available and clever ideas about how this functionality can be efficiently improved.

geposted Fri 24 Dec 04 @ 9:47 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003

geposted Fri 24 Dec 04 @ 10:37 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
@DigiJoc Meely

I understand what you mean but I'm sure it's easy to add a slot. I think the team has used "switch(slot) [...] case" for effect because their codes are always perfect and extensible.
Concerning stability I hope you're right because I have discovered a few things which showed me the team don't want to use the whole power of their code. For example, the length fade: vdj can have other values as the ones imposed by the team in the settings (maybe they don't have any time to test the max value until when vdj can have to work well).

geposted Fri 24 Dec 04 @ 11:04 pm
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
i think more than 3 effects per deck aswell as the ability to organise the plugins by folders within the plugins folder (ie. not a full directory structure)

geposted Sat 25 Dec 04 @ 5:15 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
TIP: try to organize plugins in folders within plugins folder.
You'll see then in vdj effects page, the plugins organized in a better way.
Not in folders but:
You'll see first the plugins from the first (alphabetical) folder, then from the second, etc..

So, by renaming these folders the effects will shown with the desired order.

But, PLEASE more than 3 effects, at least 6 (or more)

geposted Sat 25 Dec 04 @ 8:36 am
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
yeah, atleast 6 per desk

geposted Sun 26 Dec 04 @ 4:58 am
Would it be helpful to represent the selection of effects by large icons instead of the current text listing, making them easier to grab when dragging and dropping ?

Can the font size of the text where effects are listed be changed independently of the other browser window fonts ?

geposted Mon 27 Dec 04 @ 9:44 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
TIP: Rename your plugins when sorting by subfolders:

VDJ- Cut
VDJ- Fade
VDJ- Flanger
VST- XXX
VST- YYY

geposted Tue 28 Dec 04 @ 1:07 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)