Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Hercules DJ Console RMX - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

I just purchased the Herclues DJ Console RMX but have been seeing an error message that says "Error in sound driver of Direct X." I was using the Hercules DJ Console MK1 before. That is my first problem that I need help on. I am using Windows XP Pro so I went to "Sounds and Audio Devices Properties" and clicked on the Audio box then made sure that Hercules DJ Console RMX is both Sounds playback default device and Sound Recording Device. What else do I need to do?

This is probably affecting my second concern: After I click the box OK to "Error in sound driver of Direct X" I then want to configure VDJ Pro to only have output to my headphones because I'm mixing a set for promo and don't have the ability to plug in my laptop to any speakers. So under sound settings, I put inputs as "none", Outputs as "headphones," Sound card is "mono separated" and sound card is "hercules dj console rmx". Then output channels are master: left chan / headphones: RIght chan". Then the error message comes up again "error in the sound driver of Direct X."

I'm using a Dell XPS 1210 with 3GB Ram, Dual core 2.0 BTW. HELP please?

geposted Thu 31 Jul 08 @ 12:29 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

All that Error means that you have a difference in the VirtualDJ sound setup than you had last time, or you have the wrong sound setup.

Try,

Inputs: None
Outputs: Headphones
Soundcard: DJC RMX

It should stop the error.

geposted Thu 31 Jul 08 @ 12:45 pm
Hey Jean,
I just received mine yesterday afternoon with the same issue. I was upgrading form the MK2 version and ran into the same issues. Here's what I did:
1. Run Windows Updates
2. Disable the onboard sound card - Right click on 'My Computer' go to properties, then 'Device Manager'. Scrolled down to "Sound...etc", right
click on the onboard 'RealTek' and disabled.
3. Go to control panel, uninstall the Hercules DJ Series Driver from 'Add\Remove Programs'
4. Reboot.
5. After startup download the updated drivers from the Hercules Web Site...this will install the newest drivers as well as do a firmware update
on your RMX if it needs it.
6. Reboot.
7. After startup, install the VDJ5 Console edition even if you already have PRO.(For some reason this sets the button configuration and is part of
fixing the driver problem).
8. Launch the 'Hercules DJ Control Panel' and choose 'ASIO' instead of 'WDM', then start VDJ Pro.
My setup:
Thermaltake LanBox Case with 5 cooling fans
Asus PGX Motherboard with Intel P4 3.0 Ghz, 2 gig of DDR2 RAM
ATi x1650 512 MB DDR2 ram video card for graphics offload
320 GB SATA WD Hard Drive 7200 RPM

Hope this helps!
Edze

geposted Thu 31 Jul 08 @ 12:51 pm
Thanks for this but you lost me at Step #2. I go to Device Manager, then go to "Sound." But what is "RealTek?" I see the following under Sound:

Sounds, video and game controllers
---Audio Codecs
---Hercules DJ Console Rmx Bulk
---Hercules DJ Console Rmx MIDI
---Legacy Audio Drivers
---Legacy Video Capture Devices
---SignmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC
---USB Audio Device
---USB Audio Device
---Video Codecs

Which one do I right click then disable? Thanks a million.

geposted Fri 01 Aug 08 @ 2:47 pm
So I disabled sigma tel audio and followed the rest of your directions, installed drivers, rebooted when I had to, etc., but it still posts that error message when I try to put this sound configuration:

Inputs: None

Output: Headphones

Soundcards: Mono separated (out 1 out 2)

Soundcard: Hercules DJ Console RMX

Any other suggestions?

geposted Sat 02 Aug 08 @ 10:34 pm
I just managed to duplicate the error message & it sounds like what I suspected. Open up your hercules control panel and make sure WDM is selected, when selected it will have the silver back with green circle border, the ASIO option should be a black circle (not active). I got this error when ASIO drivers were selected, so try setting to WDM & you should be good to go;^]

geposted Fri 08 Aug 08 @ 1:06 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Damn, you bet me there Timmy ;)

geposted Fri 08 Aug 08 @ 1:09 pm
Problem solved. Thanks for all of your help!!!

geposted Tue 12 Aug 08 @ 12:08 pm
djblemHome userMember since 2009
Hey there everyone....New to the board and just got my hercules RMX.

My problem is I can never get the config right so that I use the cpu sound card (realtek) as the main out put then the rmx controller to work along with the headphones!!

I have tried all the other set ups in the sound card config and i get the DIRECTX OR ASIO driver.

What config should i have to use my cpu sound card and the main out put and use the headphones of the rmx without gettin the errors.

Do i have to change the sound card on my cpu to hercules rmx for this to work>?

geposted Mon 23 Mar 09 @ 10:06 am
he

i have a weird probleme my hercules rmx never did this before till now alle the buttons work but when i get to the 4 slides at the bottom ( deck A volume, deck B volume, Master volume, Cross fader) i installed the software that came along with it and when i use these slides you can see them move om my pc screen but the sound doen's change nothing happens .
i don't think it is broken otherwise it wouldn't work at all
some please help me i am desperate

thanks

mark

geposted Tue 24 Mar 09 @ 4:52 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
you need to register your copy with vdj, you will get all the upgrades for the rmx and fixs plus one or two goodies from the plugin section...

geposted Wed 25 Mar 09 @ 3:51 am
nonmumLE userMember since 2009
I don't know whether my issues arise from the Hercules RMX controller or the VDJ software..
1. I just received a brand new Dell Laptop as gift. I had no input in selecting an OS or other tech specifications... I'm operating on Vista 64-bit, 4 GB of RAM, Intel Core2 Duo processor, with a 512GB hard drive.
2. I have all of my music stored on a 320GB Maxtor External Hard drive.

I am experiencing "choppy" sound quality, and stalling while loading a new song into an available deck. I tried using the RMX in two configurations: 1. All Music Files loaded into my laptop's hard drive and 2. Using the external hard drive as my source. In both cases, I had the same results.

I've been told by the staff at Guitar Center that the RMX i& VDJ are not compatable with Vista 64-bit. HOWEVER... I downloaded a software patch from Hercules and VDJ websites that should have solved my problem. In fact, it only made things worse!

I REALLY WANT this to work! But at this rate I have experience TERRIBLE tech support from the folks at Gullemot (sp?) / Hercules. How is it possible that Tech Support for "Entertainment" oriented products is unavailable during the weekend? Do they not realize that their typical customer MIGHT have a gig during the weekend???

If anyone can help me.. I would be eternally grateful....

geposted Sun 24 May 09 @ 1:30 pm
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
Nomum:

Your computer is powerful enough to run VDJ corretly, and YES, both software cosole are compatible with Vista 64.

However, don't expect your computer to be performing like a Ferrari out of the box. You are dealing with an audio applications which require a lot of ressources, and as such, if you decide that this computer is to be dedicated to making music, you'll need to optimize it.

The following guide will show how your can easily make changes to Windows that will improve your computer's performances

http://ts.hercules.com/faqs/eng/her_eng_00364.pdf

Once this is done, take a look at the Rmx Control Panel. Swith the Audio mode ASIO, which will give access to make changes to the ASIO setting.

The one that is important to you is the ASIO buffer size. Start with a buffer of around 480 (10 Ms). Run VDJ for a while and see if your get choppy sound.

geposted Mon 25 May 09 @ 12:29 pm
hey, just got a new one, used it ones, worked perfect, wanted to set it up for my next gig end got screwed!!! error in sound driver, the whole page comes up, you can move all bottoms and load up your songs but it wont play???
where can be the problem?
have a new mac book and always used the same usb plug!
thanks

geposted Sat 15 Aug 09 @ 5:17 pm
PFD50PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Be careful. Your new PC will be indexing all you files.

This happened to me when I changed drive letter with my external drive. Just turn off indexing on the External Drive (Right click in My Compter)

geposted Mon 17 Aug 09 @ 9:38 am

geposted Mon 17 Aug 09 @ 11:33 am
tannatHome userMember since 2009
Hercules RMX DJ Control

I bought this unit because I heard nothing but great things about it from everyone who uses one to DJ. I get it home and hook it all up. It was really easy to install but there is just one problem with it. Every track I try to play on it skips or is like a little "bump" really is hard to describe it!! also when im mixing too.

I did all the updates till now August 18, 2009 from the web, hercules and vdj., now I have vdj 5.2.2

My laptop is HP dv6433cl.

Microproccesor: 1.73 GHz Intel® Centrino® Duo processor technology featuring Intel® Core ™ 2 Duo processor T5300, Memory: 2048 MB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm).

Hard Drive: 160GB (5400 RPM) SATA

WINDOWS VISTA HOME PREMIUM 32 BIT

SOUND: Altec Lansing
Thank you very much in advance for any suggestions to my little problem!

geposted Tue 18 Aug 09 @ 11:35 am
Hello Tannat,

As you have Vista and a small CPU, you should optimize your settings.
An optimization guide is on http://ts.hercules.com/includes/view_faq.php?id=364&d=2008-09-26&folder=eng
You must start by swtiching off all what consumes CPU time in tasks which are not needed in DJing as Wifi (disable Wifi), internet (stop the internet access), anti-virus (stop the anti-virus, once you have disconnected your PC from the internet).

geposted Tue 18 Aug 09 @ 11:53 am
hi guys
can you tell me what is the proper Asio Buffer Size to my Hercules DJ Console because i'm afraid that i changed ?

geposted Tue 18 Aug 09 @ 3:46 pm
tannatHome userMember since 2009
Made In Breizh; hello!!

thank you very much! i will try to do exact as it is in the link you provided!!
i hope i can resolve the issue.
later!!

geposted Tue 18 Aug 09 @ 4:00 pm
23%