Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: name artist

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

since the new update (5.2) i don't see the name of the arist in my colum (it's almost 90% or more of my names i don't see)
Have anywone also that problem???
sorry for my bad english.

geposted Fri 01 Aug 08 @ 4:15 pm
Hey Microtje, I had the same problem with the bpms not showing. I did a lot of things so I'm not sure which one fixed it but I think that when I trashed the 'VirtualDJ Local Database v5.xml' and reinstalled 5.2, it re-read the itunes data. I had also deleted the Vdj prefs files from my library. I don't think that is really necessary though. First, delete Local Database file, then just restart Vdj. If nothing shows up, then click in the window where your song titles and artist names should be. If that doesn't work, then quit Vdj, delete the local database again, delete the Vdj folder in your documents folder(first you should move anything like playlists and your custom stuff to somewhere safe, or you will lose them), then re-install 5.2 again. That's all I can think of as a solution. I actually went all the way back to the LE version, and the data was still corrupt, but I noticed, all the data was correct on my other Mac, so I guess it is the xml file. I really hope this helps you.

geposted Fri 01 Aug 08 @ 10:09 pm
Sorry Micro, I did some more checking, and I think it may be the prefs file after all. I deleted the .xml file, and didn't re-install. Now I can't find it, but everything works fine. So I guess it wasn't a necessary file. But then I trashed the atomix prefs file, and when I started Vdj, it asked me for the serial#, and when it started up, it re-read iTunes again. So maybe that's all you need to do.Just go to your home folder, library, preferences, com.atomix. Trash and empty. Re-start Vdj. I really hope I'm not too late with this info.

geposted Fri 01 Aug 08 @ 10:56 pm
thxs, i will do that tomorrow and i let you now if it's work.

since the 5.2 version there is no more xml file in to the home folder of VDJ....that's normal.

Another problem is sometime i start up VDJ the program don't find my music....the names are in the database, but when i select it to play it he give an error.
When i look to my browser(preference) he don't see my external harddisc...that's the problem.....to solve this problem i delete the xml file and sometime also the com.automix pref file, and after a couple times it works again....
Have you also these problem?

grtz
Microtje

geposted Sat 02 Aug 08 @ 4:11 pm
I got that when I changed the file names in iTunes, but I deleted the song title in Vdj, restarted and the files were re-read correctly. Seems like 5.2 is having a lot of problems elsewhere too. I seem to have mine all straightened out, but I won't know for a few days. Also it maybe good to repair you disk permissions in OSX. Another thing you can try is the fix database in Vdj preferences.

geposted Sun 03 Aug 08 @ 8:22 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)