Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Skin Creation Tools

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hey everyone. This is a question for all you skinners out there. I've seen some very impressive visual interfaces on this site, mixing the easy one the eye and the functional. Obviously building the .bmp file with your design of interface takes time, and i should imagine the coding takes forever to get right too! Wanted to ask if there are any useful tools you guys use to help make mapping the buttons and edit the xml an easier task? Is there a program that lets you lay your .bmp file down and mark out on it where the buton outlines are etc and writes it to the xml? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as i have some pretty good ideas for a couple of skins (being a pc-based designer by trade) that i would like to experiment with. I have some graphics layed out, but need something to make this xml coding easier if its possible?!
Thanks again.

Clint B.

geposted Fri 14 Jan 05 @ 6:44 pm
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003

geposted Fri 14 Jan 05 @ 6:53 pm
Cheers zero, just downloaded it, gonna give it a whirl ...

geposted Fri 14 Jan 05 @ 6:58 pm
Thanks for that. Seems to work ok. Just read the forum string on the devolopment of this program, man, he done all us budding VDJ Skinners out there a HUGE favour!

geposted Fri 14 Jan 05 @ 8:20 pm
Is there any other pieces of software similar to this or do you guys normally manually do all the xml ?!?!

geposted Fri 14 Jan 05 @ 8:21 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Nothing else unfortunately.

geposted Fri 14 Jan 05 @ 8:59 pm
Damn! Thats hard to beleive! That seems like an almost impossible task !

geposted Sat 15 Jan 05 @ 12:59 am
At the moment I'm using that VDJ Skin Maker app by vbjack to get my button markers in place on my skin, but after i make changes to the positoin of the markers or the size of them etc, i cant get it to update the xml on the left accordingly? I have to keep editing the (edit node) tag manually in the program until i visually see the green outline fit where i want and have Notepad minimised to copy and paste the numbers (co-ordinates) i get directly into notepad and save it that way. Any ideas? Or is it just cause the programs in beta stage? Thought that part of the program was sorted. Also seems no way to save anything you do in the VDJ Skin Maker.

Clint.

geposted Sat 15 Jan 05 @ 1:07 am
I must say though, as soon as this program is finished the VDJ Skinning community will boom!! There will be loads of weird and wonderful skins created!

Clint.

geposted Sat 15 Jan 05 @ 1:09 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)