Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: SMS on Screen - Page: 2

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I might be able to get the iWall one out sooner. We'll see :)

geposted Sat 28 Feb 09 @ 6:55 am
Yeah, I'm really looking forward to this!

I finally bought a projector last week so I'm gonna start doing more video work now. SMS would be a real bonus for that!

I don't quite get what the per message settings are- I'm sure it would be obvious when we see the plugin though. :-)

geposted Sat 28 Feb 09 @ 7:26 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
As you know at the moment ScrollText uses one font, colour, speed, flash, background etc... setting for all messages. I'm thinking about having a set of settings as a default, but being able to the customise it on a per-message basis. A new message would use your own personal default settings, until specified otherwise.

geposted Sat 28 Feb 09 @ 11:07 am
Ahhh, that would be clever!

I'm not sure I'd need it to begin with. But I can see later on if you wanted certain messages to stand out more (like drinks promos) it would be a nice extra touch.

geposted Sat 28 Feb 09 @ 11:27 am
What about options for:
Scrolling Text (Pre-Planned)
Alerts (Important Short Term Messages)
SMS
SMS Replies

Replies is a new feature request, if it's not already in there:
If people ask a question or request by SMS, when approving message could there be an option to reply (different font)?
Just an idea, although wouldn't want to hold up development too much longer, maybe next version?

Ross

geposted Mon 02 Mar 09 @ 8:46 pm
SBDJ,

Is it possible to finish what you have now and release that version ?

If people have suggestions for other things that you can do in an update ?

If everybody asking for more things, the sms plugin will never be ready.

Greetings,

Dj Anthony

geposted Sun 15 Mar 09 @ 5:09 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
@ross, i wouldn't want or could be bothered with that feature, you could reply by scrolling text feature, anyway you will be to busy keeping up with the inbound stuff... lol

@anthony, your like me i would be more than happy with just the basic function of getting the messages up on screen, thats all i've ever wanted since scott first mentioned the project, i can wait for all the bells and whistles until the cows come home, i just can't wait until it's released, i'll be like two pigs rolling in muck.... lol

geposted Sun 15 Mar 09 @ 5:21 pm
yourtPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Here in Belgium they call it an "SMS wall".
Can't wait... ;-))

geposted Sun 15 Mar 09 @ 5:35 pm
sounds like a public toilet said like that.... lol

geposted Sun 15 Mar 09 @ 5:38 pm
No news from SBDJ ?

geposted Sat 21 Mar 09 @ 4:48 am
djanthony wrote :
No news from SBDJ ?

Am whistling...wanna join me?

geposted Mon 13 Apr 09 @ 1:21 am
Hey SBDJ I had the ear of JR Silva from TextLive here in the states the other day and threw the Idea of some kind of conduit or integration between VDJ & TextLive. He seemed very interested in working on a project such as this. I see that you are already working on SMS to screen via a few other programs. Please let me know if you would like to collaborate and I'll try and put you in touch with him.
Thx!
QuadmanDJ

geposted Thu 16 Jul 09 @ 2:29 am

geposted Tue 21 Jul 09 @ 10:03 am
I'm still a lil confused about the usefulness here. You say it takes someone's request and puts it up on the scroller, Why does the requester or anyone need to see that anyway. just play the request (they'lll here it) or yell on the mic, "got your request Bob", or hit reply and text him/her back. Or just type in a few words in the scroller saying "Bob got your request for: ____".

Maybe it's me, but there's got to be more to it. I'm just not getting here (as far as the importance of this feature).
Please explain so I can make use of this when it comes by.

geposted Fri 24 Jul 09 @ 3:10 pm
thing is the audience like to hear their names in shout outs, they like it even when more they see there name up on screen and better again when they are having text chats on the screens.

geposted Fri 24 Jul 09 @ 5:21 pm
tayla wrote :
thing is the audience like to hear their names in shout outs, they like it even when more they see there name up on screen and better again when they are having text chats on the screens.

My misunderstanding was "Or just type in a few words in the scroller saying "Bob got your request for: ____". Seems easier.
I do this all the time.

geposted Mon 27 Jul 09 @ 5:07 pm
ok

geposted Mon 27 Jul 09 @ 7:55 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I personally know this will work well with a younger crowd. I get many request to text on screen;

Birthdays
Coming Events
I love you "?"
Call me "?"
Got you're song request Tailor
Song dedications from "?" to "?"
And On & On.

People Like Interaction always, this is just another method of accomplishing that.

So automating this process is a good idea, Providing You Could Sceen It First.

Joey.....

geposted Sat 01 Aug 09 @ 2:07 pm
most systems you have the choice to send it straight to screen or vett it first then manually send it or automatically run it through a filter system where you have put all the rude words under the sun and that blocks those words going to screen,

geposted Sun 02 Aug 09 @ 5:42 am
JoeyKJ wrote :
I personally know this will work well with a younger crowd. I get many request to text on screen;

Birthdays
Coming Events
I love you "?"
Call me "?"
Got you're song request Tailor
Song dedications from "?" to "?"
And On & On.

People Like Interaction always, this is just another method of accomplishing that.

So automating this process is a good idea, Providing You Could Sceen It First.

Joey.....

I agree, but it only takes a second to type it in (don't even need a phone to do it).

geposted Mon 03 Aug 09 @ 5:02 pm
56%