Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Club Mixing - Page: 4

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Dj Nikki: “you can reach better effect to people on dance floor if you mix 2 songs that people like, together, rather than you just start second song when first finish.”

I totally agree…. However, in the experience that I shared, the regular club DJ actually played one song after the other. His ideal of mixing was to occasionally scratch over a song. After listening to him from a DJ’s perspective, I understood why I had been invited. Despite his lack of mixing skills, the crowd loved the regular DJ because he played what they wanted to hear. Therefore, my point is that the music will still please the people without the mixing. Mixing is a tool that good DJs use (with the appropriate music) to enhance the club experience for the people. I will admit that the more mixing skills and tools a DJ has (using effects is an example of a tool), the greater the club experience can be enhanced for the people—that's why I use VDJ ;)

Double O

geposted Sun 07 Aug 05 @ 1:14 pm
djchemoHome userMember since 2005
I could mixing Mexican music like Grupera and traditional music, but is dificult, if OO can will mix this music, he can mix everything

geposted Sat 13 Aug 05 @ 1:19 am
djchemoHome userMember since 2005
If we can publish our mixed music, would be better, can you imagine it, we can hear mixed music from my country Mexico or others countries like England, south Arabian, Italian, etc... If you Know one page like this, please, let me know it.

Saludos a todos los hispanos djs. Mi correo es *******, escribanme pára intercambiar mezclaz de diferentes paises con musica regional.

"La musica explota mi corazon y la eleva celestialmente"

geposted Sat 13 Aug 05 @ 1:29 am
djgabruHome userMember since 2005
IF U WANT 2 A DJ NOTHING IS BETTER THAN A CLUB DJ. M NOT SAYIN IT IS VERY GOOD, EVERYTHING HAS ITS PROS & CONS. LIKE U WANT 2 B A CLUB DJ , U SHLD B HAVIN GOOD SENSE OF MUSIC < FRESHERS NOT ALLOWED> IN THE SENSE THAT U SHLD B HAVIN THE GENRAL KNOWLEDGE NOT ONLY ABOUT THE MUSIC & THE CROWD BUT ALSO KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THE EQUIPMENT U R HANDLING. IT JUST ADDS A BENEFIT 4 U IF U CAN JUSTIFY BET THE DIFF` SOUND EQUILIZERS WHICH R ESSENTIAL IF U REALLY WANA ROCK THE PARTY.

M NOT REALLY A PRO DJ BUT I CAN SETUP MY SOUND 4 A PARTY WHEN REQUIRED CAUZ U NEVER KNOW WHEN DISASTER STRIKES NO MATTER HOW GOOD IS THE EQUIPMENT, 1 THING U CAN`T IGNORE THAT IT IS AN ELECTRONIC MACHINE.

SO, IF U HAVE GOOD KNOWLEDGE BOUT THE EQUIPMENTS & THEIR CONNECTION U CAN SAVE THE PARTY B4 IT IS DEAD DURING THE ELECTRONIC STRIKE DURING UR PARTY.

I HAVE MYSELF XPEIENCED THESE PROBLEMS IN 1 OF THE CLUB WHERE THE AMP. HAD BEEN CUTOFF DUE 2 HEAT. Y I M SAYIN THIS CAUZ ITS 4 UR OWN GOOD. U CAN`T SPEND UR LIFE BEING A DJ.

IF U SURVIVE THAT LONG U WILL BE NAMED AS GOA GILL 2 !

geposted Wed 14 Sep 05 @ 7:57 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Please, it would be better if you didn't write with CAPS ON, it's just a better read and doesn't seem like your shouting!.

geposted Wed 14 Sep 05 @ 10:16 pm
wesselsHome userMember since 2005
Club Mixing...mmm...nice...
In my little experience I found that when I'm Playing polular songs (Like those that you hear on radio) it is better to play them Back-to-back, no mixing, just letting it blend in nicely.
But when you play songs that people don't know.....well...GO GRAZY! MIX IT UP! crowds love it when a dj is (or Looks) energetic....

geposted Thu 15 Sep 05 @ 11:30 am
ckyckyHome userMember since 2005
Its very good lesson :) I think im gonna make i well ;]

geposted Fri 16 Sep 05 @ 6:27 pm
niceguyHome userMember since 2005
DJ's club mixing is very nice because the audince enjoy it but there's a bad side about it. You musn't mix too much songs otherwise you will run-out of songs to play. People actually want you to mix the songs that they like and if you do that they run out very quickly.You end-up playing bad songs that they don't enjoy. Be careful DJ's

geposted Tue 27 Sep 05 @ 1:57 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
True to an extent, but mixing doesn't always mean cutting a song terribly short, you mix out of the last 32 beats, sometimes I fade at the last 8 beats, it can still be a very smooth transition, especially with the addition of loops ;).

geposted Tue 27 Sep 05 @ 3:39 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
true but it depends on the lenght of the songs involved. If you have 3-4 min. radio edit then the mixing lenght is going to be very small, but if your using standard club mixes then 6-10min. then long mixing is great plus adding loops makes a nice transition.

geposted Tue 27 Sep 05 @ 5:29 pm
hemanHome userMember since 2005
thats true .... its harder to please the crowd all the time because you will get to a point that you don't have what they really like or want to hear.
You do have to choose well your songs and not just the ones you like.
Heres an idea: talk to your friends (ones that dance) and ask them what they would want to hear at a party and they'll give you good ideas you never thought of!

geposted Sun 02 Oct 05 @ 5:37 am
WHAT`S UP I`M NEW IN THE WORL OF DJ`S AND I NEED SOME HELP, I REALLY DON`T KNOW HOW TO MAKE THE PARTY TURN ON....
IF SOMEONE HAVE SOME IDEAS PLEASE TELL ME.

geposted Sat 08 Oct 05 @ 2:34 am
PARA DJ CHEMO MEGUSTA TU PUNTO DE VISTA SI PUDIERAS AYUDARME CON ESTO CREO QUE TRABAJAMOS CON EL MISMO ESTILO DE MUSICA --@--.-- es mi correo

--
Moderated by Lady Cameron
Sorry hunterorhunted no email address is allowed from a demo user

geposted Sat 08 Oct 05 @ 2:36 am

geposted Sun 09 Oct 05 @ 12:52 am
BAD EXPERIENCES WHILE DJ'ing:

One time I went along with my brother, who is also a DJ (It was his gig actually) to a party some 80km from the city... Quite far, actually... It took us an hour to get in a cramped car with all the eq. Once we got there, we noticed we didn't have the lights controller, so I had to go back home and get it... Thank god we were there really early, as it was a large place and needed a lot of preparation.

After that, we had been playing in turns for some 2-3 hours, and suddenly, the audio starts getting all choppy and cut off, so I turn down the volume a bit, and suddenly the amp turns itself off while clipping to hell (It was a really old one, no protection circuit I guess)..

Then we freaked out.

But luckily, the house owner had a HiFi Amp we could plug in to replace the one we'd blown and continue playing for the rest of the night... Actually, the downtime was some 10-15 mins, and thank god it was a birthday party because they used part of that time to bring in the cake, etc.

A question for club DJ's: What do you use to amplify? I'm looking to buy a power amp or something good, but I'd like advice on what to buy and why.

Thanks in advance,

Sp.

geposted Thu 27 Oct 05 @ 2:05 pm
swiftyHome userMember since 2005
Thought I'd reply to this, add a few more tips.

Before you play at a club make sure you get a 50% deposit. When I first played in clubs I got riped off a few times, at least with half of your money you know it's not gonna be a total waste of time if the club doesn't pay you what your owed. Never pay anyone to play at gigs. Ever.

If your playing outta town, ask if they pay expenses like petrol money/train and bus fairs and accommodation, etc. Also, do you get free/half price drinks? I know this can sound a bit petty but at the end of the day your getting paid to do a job and you don't want to have to spend half of your pay cheque on stuff like the above.

Make sure you leave plenty of time for getting to the club, you don't wanna get lost if you don't know your way around.. also double check EVERYTHING, because there is nothing worse than starting your set only to find out that you've forgot your new uber cool 12" or you've forgot to pack an extra set of carts and/or stylus. Make sure you have the person that booked you's phone number and anyone else that you may need to contact if needs be.

I'd also honestly say to avoid playing big tunes that every DJ and their pet dog are playing. Play one or two but don't make a habit of it. I HATE going to somewhere only to hear the same track that was played at the same club for the last 3 weeks in a row and has been played 50 million times on the radio in the past week. Boring.

Don't be pressured into playing music you don't want to play. You get those drunk people coming up to the booth saying "Hi, my mate wants you to know if you can play the song that goes "la la lahhh boom booom whoooo yeahhhhh!"" Just say, "I've not got it with me" or "I'll have a look in my box, not sure if I brought it"

If they keep asking... throw your worst vinyl at their head.

Most of all be yourself, smile/dance/jump around/flirt/don't be to serious. Be part of the crowd, if it's your first gig don't be patronised and pushed around and don't be afraid to be creative and try new things. Find GOOD new music nobody has heard before and take it for a test run. If when your mixing you make a hiccup, don't worry because the people dancing will either be to drunk/high/or to involved with the music. Make a joke of it and brush it off.

geposted Fri 02 Dec 05 @ 3:47 pm
Well Swifty I too have mixed at many different clubs. Don't forget that each club have their own type of music/mood that they want to keep.

I would have to say that 90% of the dance clubs in my town or even 500kms away from my place want dancehall, reggaetton, pop, rap, hip hop (anything that plays on the radio).
then the other 10% is drum & Bass, Jungle, techno, trance.

This is one thing that is discussed in this thread to make sure you know what the club wants to hear first. Your job as a DJ is to PLEASE THE CROWD NOT YOURSELF!!!

Mixing music isn't always needed. I've often found myself cutting songs up to keep the dancefloor packed.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

geposted Fri 02 Dec 05 @ 4:56 pm
PersueHome userMember since 2005
Hello pepole(addicted)....
Im from Croatia and I play in Virtual Dj for about one year...
It feels soooooo good...
I combined my turntable,mixer and PC and VDJ....and it sounds real good.
Contact me @ my e-mail 4 info 2 join in my virtual crew (UpSide-Click).
We have four members only from Croatia,but we are interested for INTERNATIONAL CREW!!!!

My E-Mail is:
--@--.--

so send me your message and we will considerate it.......

Greatingz from CROATIA!!!!!!!!!!!
:)

--
Moderated by Lady Cameron
Sorry Persue no email address is allowed from a demo user

geposted Sun 04 Dec 05 @ 8:36 am
I think tho, wat do i use to make remixes, coz im into techno

geposted Tue 06 Dec 05 @ 1:29 pm
well if you want to remix there are many ways you can do it. I use Reason to make my beats then Acid Pro to compile everything together.

geposted Tue 06 Dec 05 @ 5:37 pm
19%