Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Club Mixing - Page: 21

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

djme wrote :
what about people comming up to u and askin you to put them a song...isn't this very annoyin and especially when this person asks u 2 put him a song that cannot be played at thiscertain time...

after thirty years in this racket requests are a double edged sword since I am PRIMARILY a club jock I noticed recently is a sign or signs near "my Office" (DJ booth) stating NO REQUESTS. not sure if this is the same elsewhere but helps we are the entertainers, the musical adventurists, the social director for neighborhood nitwits. We should know our profession inside and out but cant hurt talking to customers and if they HAPPEN to request a song try to fit it in it certainly has helped attendandce on MY nights

geposted Wed 25 Dec 13 @ 8:02 pm
Coming from a promoter, this guy is on point

geposted Sat 01 Mar 14 @ 11:18 pm
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum. I'm a very very very old school DJ (started in 1977). I've been reading all of these great posts about club mixing and all of those principles are spot on (even back in the day), but I would just like to add one little fact. Yes, it is true that what you play and when you play it can make or break your night at the club, but one important fact needs to be mentioned. Just as important as what is being played is the level or how loud or soft it is being played. For instance, when the club opens up and people are streaming in, yes, they want to hear you, but, they also want to hear each other as they get settled in for a night of partying, so keep in mind, make it audible but bearable. If they walk in and get blasted by your beats before they can settle in, they'll probably walk outside to talk, meaning less money at the bar which means less money for you.

geposted Fri 18 Jul 14 @ 2:23 pm
hey djs how are you guys doing. its an honor to see all these great djs out here willing to help each other. i need help. well i am a real newbie at djing but i know how to put songs together but i wanna learn how to play one song using the beat on another song. can someone help me on that please. thx djs

geposted Wed 10 Sep 14 @ 1:10 am
I feel the most important thing when club mixing is the secret that no pro djs will share. I am going to tell you now that most club mixes are made for 32 beat count transitions. this is the fail safe for smooth mixing with music you're not used to playing at least with vinyl that is titled club mix unless it has changed in the past few years! try it and tell me if this helps.

geposted Wed 31 Dec 14 @ 11:56 pm
R.S. dj pawai azamgarh

geposted Fri 13 Mar 15 @ 7:37 am
I feel the most important thing when club mixing is the secret that no pro djs will share. I am going to tell you now that most club mixes are made for 32 beat count transitions. this is the fail safe for smooth mixing with music you're not used to playing at least with vinyl that is titled club mix unless it has changed in the past few years! try it and tell me if this helps

geposted Fri 13 Mar 15 @ 7:41 am
Great posts everyone thanks it really helped me out a lot I appreciate it

geposted Thu 16 Jul 15 @ 2:36 pm
Hey,

thank you Double O, this is exactly the kind of information i needed.

I will have my first Club gig soon, and I've been little uncertain about how to act there, but this gave me some real good information.

Thanks again!

geposted Thu 22 Oct 15 @ 12:30 pm
The 5 Main Techniques i use when doing club mixing
1) I make sure i know the setup of the club as far as if they got the own sound system,mixer,and where i will be positioned.
2) I identify the crowd that i am catering to for example is its a older crowd or younger crowd.
3) If Somebody is promoting the club i ask them what type of style of music they prefer because two heads are always better then one.
4) I use which ever playlist i feel is the most appropriate and start with the main 5 song that i feel are the most supreme
5) I make sure that not only the crowd have a good time but i have a awesome time along with them

We provide dj equipment rental to individuals and professionals with various packages for reasonable prices at External link removed

Moderator: Unlicensed users (No license user) who have not purchased a VirtualDJ license, cannot post E-mail addresses, personal website addresses, MSN or any other contact information. Please follow the forum rules.

geposted Wed 06 Jul 16 @ 4:23 pm

geposted Sun 16 Apr 17 @ 11:27 am
great post lots of good info and ideas

geposted Tue 22 Aug 17 @ 1:03 am
Johncc7Home userMember since 2019
I am new to DJ world .
I am building a set up of free software to remix songs and do dj sets.
I can't unfortunately afford to buy anything at the moment.
I think of using audicity and LMMS and garage band to remix.
For dj live sets I plan to use MIXX.
Is that good?
I wonder is YouTube the best place to learn from ?
Is this the best I can get for free .

geposted Wed 09 Jan 19 @ 8:35 pm
Johncc7 wrote :
I am new to DJ world .

If you're serious... You'll find the money. VDJ is free for home use. For production DAWS like Cubase, FL, Ableton, Studio One are what you need. They have lite versions (cheaper version). Try the demos, see which you like, that will take you up to a year anyways, giving you plenty of time to save.

geposted Wed 09 Jan 19 @ 9:51 pm
Johncc7Home userMember since 2019
Does it take long to learn the art of remixing?
Is a lot of practice needed?
Is YouTube enough to learn from?
Thanks
John

geposted Wed 09 Jan 19 @ 11:07 pm
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011
John, the regular posters on this forum are very knowledgeable and genuinely want to help people.

When you keep posting the same questions repeatedly, even after getting answers and pointers, you make it more difficult for yourself.

You’ve already been told that (likely) VDJ isn’t what you need to use and you’ve been given alternatives, and you’ve said you will use another product for live performance (which is what VDJ is meant for). So why keep posting the same questions here? Why not find another site which is more aligned with what you are trying to achieve?

geposted Thu 10 Jan 19 @ 2:10 am
I had to stop DJing for an extended period of time, but greatly appreciate Atomix Productions for allowing this thread to continue. Moreover, I'm astounded by the transcendence of VIRTUAL DJ while I've been away (I can remember its infancy). I also want to thank everyone that contributed to this thread during my extended absence!

Furthermore, this thread is one of countless testimonies to how VIRTUAL DJ has transformed and transcended the world of DJing. Although I cannot frequently contribute to this thread and forum as I've done in the past, I will sincerely try to periodically post information so that we can continue to help each other transform and transcend together with Atomix Productions as our guide--which has taken us to another dimension in DJing where the competition cannot reach.....

geposted Mon 14 Jan 19 @ 5:03 pm
mitchiemasha wrote :
Johncc7 wrote :
I am new to DJ world .

If you're serious... You'll find the money.

At least he isn't a DJ using crack[ed]... and came here for advice....

@mitchiemasha

As long as you're using legal software... keep DJing until you can purchase VDJ and don't let anyone discourage you from fulfilling your dreams. Furthermore, please continue to develop your skills as a DJ. Atomix Productions had to start somewhere.... If I'm not mistaken, it once was a Windows addon (I think that's what it was called back then), but look how far it has developed... you do likewise....

geposted Sun 02 Jun 19 @ 3:37 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)