Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Setting up my laptop

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

RawminHome userMember since 2008
I was just wondering if there was any way to set up my Dell inspiron, which has two headphone outs on it, to work with headphone cueing for songs. I really don't have the money for an external soundcard right now, so if its possible to do it with, id love to know. Thanks!

geposted Fri 14 Nov 08 @ 5:02 pm
You cant do it with the headphone/line out sockets. You should get a device called SoundUSB - its a small device around an inch long that plugs into a USB port. Ask at your local pc store - it shouldnt cost more than around $10. This device acts as a secondary sound card as well as having 2 mini jack sockets (one for headphones and one for mics). A perfect solution for beginners not able to spend $$$ on an external soundcard.

pic: http://digital-manufacturer.com/images/20072302404.jpg

geposted Fri 21 Nov 08 @ 10:37 am
So i could route the speaker sound (ie what the audience would hear) from virtual dj to the usb device, and the headphone sound (what I would hear for cueing) to my headphone out on my computer?

geposted Fri 21 Nov 08 @ 2:41 pm
Yeh...thats what I did with my first setup. First you need to install the SoundUSB device (WinXP should automatically install drivers).
Then open up VDJ and go to the CONFIG menu. Then go to SOUND SETUP. You should then be able to choose the SoundUSB as a secondary sound card in a 2-card setup. Just choose the first card for the speakers and secondary card for the monitor. Easy!

geposted Sat 22 Nov 08 @ 8:20 am
Awesome. Im going to pick one up as soon as I can! Thanks for your help!

geposted Mon 24 Nov 08 @ 8:35 pm
Did it ever work?

I'm having trouble hooking up my usb 144, it's frustrating me to the extreme.

I dunno if this might be cheaper. and easier.

I can't seem to hook this us 144 up to my laptop correctly so that i can hear both tracks in my headphones.

[using numark total control]

geposted Mon 24 Nov 08 @ 9:24 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)