- PLAY. Plays / Pauses the track. Hold SHIFT down and then press this button to pause the track if playing or play and synchronize this deck to the Master Deck at the same time.
- Cue . When the Deck is paused, you can set a Cue Point by moving the Platter to place the Audio Pointer at the desired location and then pressing the Cue Button.
During playback, you can press the Cue Button to return the track to this Cue Point. (If you did not set a Cue Point, then it will return to the beginning of the track.).
If the Deck is paused, you can press and hold the Cue Button to play the track from the Temporary Cue Point. Releasing the Cue Button will return the track to the temporary Cue Point and pause it. To continue playback without returning to the Temporary Cue Point, press and hold the Cue Button, then press and hold the Play Button, and then release both buttons.
Hold SHIFT down and then press this button to move the track at the beginning.
- TAP. Press this button to manually tap the tempo of the loaded track. Hold SHIFT down and then press this button to set this deck as Master Deck.
- JOG. Touch sensitive jogwheel. Use the jogwheel to Scratch (if Vinyl mode is selected) or pitch bend. Hold SHIFT down and then use the jogwheel to fast seek through the track.
The Jogwheel also offers Loop In, Loop Out point and Loop Move adjustments (see LoopIn, LoopOut and Loop buttons)
- Scratch . Press this button to set the Jogwheel to Vinyl ( Scratch ) or CD (Bend) mode. In Vinyl mode, use the outer part of the Jogwheel to bend (temporary speed up – slow down the tempo of the track).
Hold SHIFT down and then press this button to enable/disable Smart Scratch . When Smart is enabled the sound will be muted if the deck is scratched backwards.
- SYNC. Press this button to synchronize and automatically match the corresponding Deck's tempo with the opposite Deck's (or the Master Deck’s if using a 4 decks Skin) tempo and phase. Hold SHIFT down and then press this button to play the track in reverse.
- DECK SELECT. Switch Left decks (1 and 3) and Right Decks (2 and 4). The left side of the Stanton DJC.4 can control VirtualDJ decks 1 or 3, and the right side can control VirtualDJ decks 2 or 4.
- KEYLOCK. Press this button to "lock" the track's pitch to its original key. The track's tempo will remain at the speed designated by the Pitch Fader.
Hold SHIFT down and then press this button to enable Beatlock on this deck. If Beatlock is enabled, the decks are kept synchronized even when moving the pitch, scratching etc.
- PITCH BEND -/+. Press and hold these buttons down to temporary slowdown/speed-up the tempo of the track. When released the tempo of the track will be back to he value defined by the pitch fader.
Hold SHIFT down and then use these buttons to select the previous/next available range for the Pitch Fader ( to ±6%, ±8%, ±10%, ±12%, ±20%, ±25%, ±33%, ±50%, and ±100%).
- PITCH. Adjust the track's playback speed (tempo).
The actual pitch fader will not alter the pitch of the track if the actual pitch and the software pitch value do not match (software soft-takeover, ghost fader visible on the GUI). In most cases this may happen if SYNC is prior pressed or switching decks and the other deck is having a different pitch software value.