Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Anybody using 6.01 at gigs? - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

I would like to know who's actually using this new release at gigs with absolutely NO issues? I've had it crash on me several times. Tempo changes at will over time. It's damn near impossible to mix videos without it freezing up. I had to give up on it and go back to 5.2 for stability. I can run 5.2 and won't have think twice as to whether it will hold up for the entire gig. Is there another update coming out soon to fixed these problems....there are few new features on 6 that would make it the best DJ software out there but without it being stable it's just not worth using at gigs in my opinion.

geposted Thu 06 Aug 09 @ 10:07 pm
Funnily, I don't seem to have all those problems. I have been using version 6.0.1 for a minimum of 11 hours gigging per week since it came out on 1st June. Just calculated that I've gigged with it for 106 hours now with 3 crashes!

I always have a backup plan with a mixed CD playing constantly all night just ready to push up the volume fader if needed.

I am happy to continue using it, but, it would be nice not to have the random crashes.

geposted Fri 07 Aug 09 @ 1:52 am
I'm still on 5.2 through personal choice. There are people using V6 no problem but my feeling is that i would be more happy after the next release.

geposted Fri 07 Aug 09 @ 5:09 am
Switched over to 6.01 a few weeks back and have done a couple of 2/3 hour sets just at home and also left it on a marathon 48 hour automix with no errors or issues........1st gig is tom night with it so finguers crossed it should be ok.....ill let ya know!

geposted Fri 07 Aug 09 @ 5:27 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Yup, 6.01 here, running without issue *touch wood*.

DJSoulman; would still like to help you get to the bottom of those crashes. Any crashguard or is it a exit to the desktop affair?

geposted Fri 07 Aug 09 @ 5:38 am
bywardPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Run about 10 gigs with it so far, only one crash (trying to refresh the iTunes folder). Apart from that it's been solid.

geposted Fri 07 Aug 09 @ 10:05 am
I've been using it since it's release with no problems, until the last 3 or 4 gigs. Have a had one song that would only load half way. And have had one and only one song each night stutter when I hit the sync button.

geposted Fri 07 Aug 09 @ 11:40 am
ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
My 1st wedding event went rather well (2nd if you consider I needed to use my lappy on 6/27).

Will be using tomorrow for happy hour and dinner/dancing.

Not sure if it was having a rebuilt Bose L1 but throughout the night, it sounded very clean - more so than 5.x

geposted Fri 07 Aug 09 @ 1:07 pm
For those in which 6 runs with no issues are you playing mp3's or video's. I mainly video DJ and it's not stable with video at all. Does OK with mp3's

geposted Fri 07 Aug 09 @ 10:38 pm
djpr1PRO InfinityMember since 2008
I'm sticking with 5.2....hopefully we get a new timecode engine on the next release. I run 5.2 timecode engine v4 with a 2ms buffer with no problems at all, that's with video and audio.

I can't do that with 6.0 and the new timecode engine v5......some of the issues already mention on Rude's post and a couple other issues.

Hopefully a new timecode engine (for the real timecode users) on the next release and that's it, we got the baddest software on the planet!!!

geposted Fri 07 Aug 09 @ 11:12 pm
ldb1968 wrote :
For those in which 6 runs with no issues are you playing mp3's or video's. I mainly video DJ and it's not stable with video at all. Does OK with mp3's

I use Videos 95% of the time at gigs, only play 1 or 2 mp3s. Just finished a long 6 hour gig where VDJ ran flawlessly. :-)

geposted Fri 07 Aug 09 @ 11:13 pm
i've been running 6.01 since release for me it runs on my laptop5 or 6 nights a week, and a tower system i have in one of my regular venues once a week all either video & karaoke or music & karaoke touch wood i have not had any issues or crashes so far that is around 230 hours giging without issue

geposted Sat 08 Aug 09 @ 3:30 am
ldb1968 wrote :

Audio & Video with multiple plugins, multiple controllers and DMX as well.

geposted Sat 08 Aug 09 @ 7:07 am
ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
DJRudeDoGG wrote :
I don't know why I have the beatlock and BPM issues and so many others don't. Why do my samples play too slow or not keep time properly? Or the BPM is off a point or two with no remedy? I do not have this issue in 5.2.1.

I love VDJ as much as the next guy, if not more, but 6.0 is problematic for me. Any suggestions?

DJ RuDe

I notices this myself. It seems like I have to 'beg' the controller to sync the tracks. When I try and hit play, it just never seems like it is on key (beat).

I was having a doozy of a time mixing tracks that I had no problem mixing before.

When I get a chance, I will try and replicate w/ 5.x and take notes.

geposted Sun 09 Aug 09 @ 3:46 pm
I'm curious to those who do have it crash . . . how does it crash? Down hard instantly, or "lightly"

I'm a PCDJ FX user for 5+ years and moving to VDJ. My system had a handful of crashes over the year, but EVERY time it did, the UI simpy froze but the current track kept playing . . .enough to switch to my backup no problem. I'm thankful that over 300 weddings, i only had ONE hard crash and that was myfault (i accidentially hit the "end program" when i should have let the track keep playing). I keep a version of iTunes in the background, and i can easily switch to that for one of my backus . . in addition to a CD deck.

So, how have the crashes been? Hard or soft?

geposted Sun 09 Aug 09 @ 4:41 pm
Crashes usually allow the current track to keep playing :)

geposted Sun 09 Aug 09 @ 5:25 pm

geposted Mon 10 Aug 09 @ 12:53 am
1st gig on Sat with 6.01 went like a dream!!!, however VDJ did crash out on me once but that was due my new bass bins kickin out so much whoomp that it vibrated the USB cable out of the PC....woops :)

geposted Mon 10 Aug 09 @ 8:56 am
Well the only issue I have with 5.2 is on occassion my VCI-100 locks up. Song still plays and all I have to do is reach behind the controller and toggle the power off then back on and I can keep spinning. One thing I noticed with 6.01 was that my controller responded a lot better and faster. Though I use Turntables or CDJ's most of the time I could do some kutting and scratching with the VCI flawlessly. With 5.2 if I do too much with the controller it's sure to lock up. I guess the new communication language is much better with 6.01 especially when used with my VCI. But once again for me the video pausing, not being able to mix most video's, tempo drift along with time code is a problem I can't seem to tweak.

geposted Mon 10 Aug 09 @ 4:24 pm
I just rolled out V6.0.1 on Saturday for a five-hour gig that included karaoke (even used the plugin) and it ran nicely. The only issue I currently have is with pitch reset causing some crackles with keylock engaged, so I just didn't use it (keylock, that is).

I didn't notice any drifting or sample trouble after recording a 20+ minute mix in testing, including beatmatched samples brought in on the fly.

geposted Mon 10 Aug 09 @ 7:35 pm
25%