Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Anybody using 6.01 at gigs? - Page: 2

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

I am 100% and have been since the release... Running Music Viideos, Karaoke, And Music. Plus many plugins like SBDJ slide show, show logo, scroll text, No real odd glitches. Just a freeze here and there.

geposted Mon 10 Aug 09 @ 11:30 pm
DJJAMMPRO InfinityMember since 2005
dear vdj 6.01 users if your having a problem with mixing and play button not responding properly , then look under each virtual deck on your laptop screen theres a lock under neath make sure the lock is un locked .... not the pitch lock or key lock its directly under the virtual record... you will then have control abck

JAMM

geposted Tue 11 Aug 09 @ 4:41 am
DJJAMMPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Oh yeah BTW , this goes to rude dogg, Im having similar issues you have with drifting, ive just been dealing with it .. hoping new version is tweaked a bit... just hope its not 2010 when new update comes out

Sincerely
DJ JAMM

geposted Tue 11 Aug 09 @ 4:43 am
i have used it for 3 gigs now with videos on some songs the only problem i have had is with mp4 videos...i cannot mess with effects or backspins
i have to let the video play and just mix from one to the other...though it never has freezed or had any type of problems you have..it just a little unstable with mp4 format. i have no problems with avi or mp2 videos though i still play mp4 because like i said im not afraid of a freeze....i beleive if your computer is the problem you are never going to be happy with any version...if you have version 6.01 you should be happy already...if 100 people have 6.01 and 99 are having problems and 1 is not having any issues.....then even though the majority are having problems it wouldnt be a software problem...it would be a computer problem which would be allot of circumstances...memory, hard drive health, cpu, viruses, adaware, audio card, video card.....computers are somewhat like finger prints no 2 computers are exactly the same once they leave the store personal usage will make them totally different even though they might be the same brand, same model with the same specs...so look into it i believe you have a computer issue and not a software one.

geposted Wed 12 Aug 09 @ 2:03 pm
discjockeydoc wrote :
I just rolled out V6.0.1 on Saturday for a five-hour gig that included karaoke (even used the plugin) and it ran nicely. The only issue I currently have is with pitch reset causing some crackles with keylock engaged, so I just didn't use it (keylock, that is).

I didn't notice any drifting or sample trouble after recording a 20+ minute mix in testing, including beatmatched samples brought in on the fly.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I am also using the "showlogo" plugin.

geposted Wed 12 Aug 09 @ 7:26 pm
djpanda818 wrote :
i have used it for 3 gigs now with videos on some songs the only problem i have had is with mp4 videos...i cannot mess with effects or backspins
i have to let the video play and just mix from one to the other...though it never has freezed or had any type of problems you have..it just a little unstable with mp4 format. i have no problems with avi or mp2 videos though i still play mp4 because like i said im not afraid of a freeze....i beleive if your computer is the problem you are never going to be happy with any version...if you have version 6.01 you should be happy already...if 100 people have 6.01 and 99 are having problems and 1 is not having any issues.....then even though the majority are having problems it wouldnt be a software problem...it would be a computer problem which would be allot of circumstances...memory, hard drive health, cpu, viruses, adaware, audio card, video card.....computers are somewhat like finger prints no 2 computers are exactly the same once they leave the store personal usage will make them totally different even though they might be the same brand, same model with the same specs...so look into it i believe you have a computer issue and not a software one.

Your rationale makes no sense! Especially when those having issues with 6.01 had no issues with 5.2. 5.2 runs flawless on my MacBook with Windows XP using Bootcamp to dual boot.. Now you might be onto something with the video format for 6.01. The only problem with running avi. or mp2 video's is that once (or if) they ever get VDJ running well on the Mac Os mp4 vids are the best choice for that Os.

geposted Wed 12 Aug 09 @ 8:02 pm
Now before I go and covert all my videos to Mp2 or AVI has anyone else noticed that 6.01 responds better with mp2 or avi formated vids as opposed to mp4?

geposted Wed 12 Aug 09 @ 8:04 pm
bump

geposted Thu 13 Aug 09 @ 1:30 pm
Iv been using 6.01 since it first came out on here, i have had one crash (straight to desktop) a couple of weeks back... Not had a crash since touch wood :D I do keep having a problem were a video will only load the first couple of secs :S but as soon as this happens i normally restart becuase every track i try to play in the deck normally does the same :S I have tryed a few different setting with the max load etc. I do prefer 6.01 but i did find 5.2.1 was more stable!

geposted Thu 13 Aug 09 @ 8:01 pm
Ive been using 6.01 since the first day it was released, every day until now at the disco im working ive been playing music 8 hours each night... a couple of problems with the search bar with version 6 but with 6.0.1 no problems at all.

;-)

geposted Thu 13 Aug 09 @ 11:51 pm
No problems here running VDJ 6.0.1 yet either. *touch wood* (SBDJ) I run mp3's and video both. I even play around at home for hours upon hours with no issues. The only problem I am having is the same problem I was having with all version that had the record video option which doesnt work !! It will record with a couple of the codecs, but playback looks like a slideshow instead of video. It's horrid !!

I always have a CD ready to go also just in case of a crash !!

geposted Sat 15 Aug 09 @ 4:15 pm
No problems here.......been using VDJ6 with RMX since the release and only one 1 crash while scratching a track loaded from CD...luckily had winamp cued which winamp sound output is set to run through my RMX soundcard...So when I open VDJ6 and get song playing I open winamp and load a playlist for a backup deck and I press PLAY on winamp....
Winamp playback will NOT start UNTIL VDJ CLOSES (Because the RMX soundcard in already in use) So if VDJ crash Winamp starts PLAYING immediately after the VDJ windows closes....nice feature to have so you dont have a room for a silence and people staring at you....

just be sure to not RE-OPEN VDJ until winamp finishes playing the current track because VDJ will take over the soundcard and stop winamp in the middle of its play

geposted Sat 15 Aug 09 @ 10:47 pm
i must report i had vdj 6.01 running at a wedding yesterday for 12hours bacground music during the day and disco in the evening ans not a hint of any problems that was using mixture of audio/video and most of the day was on auto play

geposted Sun 16 Aug 09 @ 3:41 am
Just using "autoplay" to me doesn't count! If you are barely using your controller you're not really testing your system or Djing in my opinion. If you're mixing, blending, an occasional scratch here and there, changing video transitions, using video and sound effects then you're using VDJ in the way that I use it. You're actually "performing" at your gigs if you do the before mentioned things. I can't get a gig where all I have to do is slide some vids and mp3's over to automix and let it roll for 12 hours....nor would I want one...BORING!

geposted Sun 16 Aug 09 @ 9:30 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I think you'll find he probably had his system on automix providing background music for most of the day, then did the actual DJ'ing later on in the evening.

At least thats what his post says ;) His point was that his system was running 6.0.1 for a 12 hour gig with both automix and normal DJ'ing without a problem.

geposted Sun 16 Aug 09 @ 10:20 am
craighPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I have found that VDJ 6 locks up if I drop a track directly to a deck from Netsearch and play it and it catches up to the download. The first set I did, about 2 months ago, I was scanning BPMs for most of my playlists for the night (yes, I know I should have done it before the set), downloaded tracks through a wireless network connection (which has minor latency issues) and was playing video. VDJ started to slow down over a couple of hours then eventually froze - no crash report, music just stopped. Luckily I haven't had this happen since (and lucky I carry real vinyl). I figure that I was trying to do too many things at a time. Since then VDJ6 has been pretty stable although I haven't had any long gigs.

geposted Mon 17 Aug 09 @ 8:03 am
I used V.6 for the first time this past Saturday with no issues, It felt heavier than V5, by taht I mean, it uses more resources than before.
I always disable my wireless when in live gigs, because it make the laptop unpredictable.
Some few video jerks during transitions, what is not a big deal to me, if the audio is perfect, what it was.
all the functions worked well, including slideshow, sampler, plus you now can minimize it and check folders or anything on windows easily.
Other great thing is when you click in the master video window, It shows your desktop which in my case is my logo. (sweet).

geposted Mon 17 Aug 09 @ 5:15 pm
The 6.01 version works fine on mp3's but need a little improvement for videos mixing. it drags a bit.
I did a live concert on Friday and a wedding on Saturday using VDJ for the first time and it allowed me to rock the floor from 6pm to 5am. People were begging me to keep djing, so much they were having fun. in the old days spining cd's or vinyls, it would have been impossible to log all these hours by myself.
I love the software and i am working on rebuilding all of music genres and be creative for fun or business.

geposted Mon 17 Aug 09 @ 6:31 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
jolofboy wrote :
The 6.01 version works fine on mp3's but need a little improvement for videos mixing. it drags a bit

Care to explain that a little bit more - I use it for video all the time...?

geposted Mon 17 Aug 09 @ 7:06 pm
Sounds like you guys are all but saying VDJ 6 has no bugs and no problems and that if we're experiencing any problems it's more than likely our computer! Is this the case? If so I'll just shut my trap and work with the version that causes me no problems. It's funny though because I haven't changed computers....just installed the update. 5.2.1 ran great for me, 6.01 has everything I've ever wanted and more but on the video side of mixing for some reason it's not running as smooth as it does with the version 5.

geposted Tue 18 Aug 09 @ 8:22 am
49%