Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Grand Vj Direct Video Streaming - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Does anyone know if or how we can redirect the video output directly to Grand VJ without a capture dongle? Someone mentioned` syphon server, but I was hoping there might be something like that for Windows? I'd like to use a second computer with Grand VJ to manipulate a live stream but keep the original video quality. Any suggestions?

geposted Fri 10 Jan 14 @ 12:56 am
Yup your correct, there is no syphon alternative for PC so the capture dongle is your only answer for now. Unless your willing to use a Mac.

geposted Fri 10 Jan 14 @ 6:48 am

geposted Fri 10 Jan 14 @ 6:56 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
beatbreaker1 wrote :
Yup your correct, there is no syphon alternative for PC

Just for the record that's not strictly true; DirectX includes support for shared buffers in 9Ex,10 and 11 which means applications can share textures between each other with no latency or overhead.

geposted Fri 10 Jan 14 @ 8:34 am
OK Scotts right, what I should of said is, "there isn't any that will work with VDJ". I have searched high and low but in the end I had to switch to a Mac and I don't see myself switching back anytime soon.........

Now if there is something that'll work with VDJ on the PC side I'd love to see/try it out..........

geposted Fri 10 Jan 14 @ 9:19 am

geposted Fri 10 Jan 14 @ 9:41 am
Nice try but it won't work with VDJ. Like I said I've searched high and low but there's nothing out there that will work with VDJ yet....

geposted Fri 10 Jan 14 @ 10:56 am
beatbreaker1 wrote :
Nice try but it won't work with VDJ.

I didn't say it would. :-)

It was more a response to what SBDJ said than your comment about working with VDJ.

I suppose this "lack of a thing" for PC is because there are fewer variables with Macs. If it ties in with the graphics card then PCs have no end of different cards and drivers that could be installed, whereas Mac is just Apple.

geposted Fri 10 Jan 14 @ 11:04 am
I've just created a plugin that enables DirectX video streaming from VDJ in realtime using shared texture handles.

All I need is something to send it to now lol

geposted Fri 10 Jan 14 @ 2:54 pm
You could try contacting the Arkaos guys and ask them nicely.

geposted Fri 10 Jan 14 @ 3:03 pm
SBDJ wrote :
I've just created a plugin that enables DirectX video streaming from VDJ in realtime using shared texture handles.

And this is why we need at least 2 more of you around here!! You see a problem and you fix it for us Scott!! If I hadn't burned up my pc I'd test it with Resolume for you. If this works like im sure it will I just might switch back to a PC!!!

geposted Fri 10 Jan 14 @ 4:23 pm
SBDJ wrote :

Are you saying that there's no software currently available that can receive it, or that you just haven't got any?

I have GrandVJ if it needs testing.

geposted Fri 10 Jan 14 @ 4:30 pm
That's what I'm saying, yes.

Arkaos GrandVJ has no way to receive at present - I'll give them a shout and see if they want to investigate further.

Resolume is OpenGL which complicates things although I believe it would be achievable on an nVidia card.

geposted Fri 10 Jan 14 @ 5:04 pm
djfufoPRO InfinityMember since 2007
You can make the plugin send like vMix does http://www.vmix.com.au ? virtual capture device, its a suggestion. I use it with a capture card. VirtualDj to vmix, vmix split to arkaos & resolume. in a few words, my system is messy but work pretty good.

geposted Fri 10 Jan 14 @ 8:17 pm
The problem with capture is latency, it is far from ideal. If you've used syphon you'd never go back to capture :)

geposted Sat 11 Jan 14 @ 11:20 am
I know that siphon is best, but no stable windows options, the delay is only a few milliseconds, I correct it by applying a delay in the video options of VDJ. Other than that Resolume & GrandVJ running on another computer connected by lan, the video capture is installed on that pc, vdj only emits raw video from another pc. To do that with siphon need a separate program called syphon2network.

geposted Sat 11 Jan 14 @ 11:49 am
Well, currently haven't purchased a visual product yet due to the inability to use it in conjunction with VDJ. So, if there is one like Grand VJ and budget conscious, I'd be willing to try something else... as long as I could do animations between at least 5 screens using a live input from VDJ. Not interested in a dongle solution at all. It's too messy and doesn't result in the best looking image. I'm not looking to but a Mac... Way to many PCs in the club to justify the need for another computer.

Ideally, I'd like the VDJ stream beat synced and bounced around the club between LCDs with Cool graphic animations interweave in between. Somewhat like the X-Factor stage, but with LCD monitors. GrandVj Scriming with a projector is Ideal as well because you only need one projector, giving the illusion of multiple projectors.

geposted Sat 11 Jan 14 @ 3:58 pm
In the club where I work we have 15 lcd connected to the output of arkaos and other lcd line to resolume output, all in one pc.

geposted Sat 11 Jan 14 @ 5:17 pm
SBDJ wrote :
The problem with capture is latency, it is far from ideal. If you've used syphon you'd never go back to capture :)

True statement right there ^^

JameySewell wrote :

Ideally, Id like the VDJ stream beat synced and bounced around the club between LCDs with Cool graphic animations interweave in between. Somewhat like the X-Factor stage, but with LCD monitors. GrandVj Scriming with a projector is Ideal as well because you only need one projector, giving the illusion of multiple projectors.

If your serious about this the only real answer I can give is for you to get a Mac. Everything you just said ^^ Im doing with 3 projectors connected to my Mac via a Matrox TripleHead2Go with MadMapper for the projection mapping, then I syphon VDJ into Resolume synced to a MIDI clock program so that the Resolume effects are on beat and then Resolume is syphoned into MadMapper all on 1 LAPTOP, no bullshit bro. I then have TouchOSC running on an Android tablet which I use to control everything in Resolume wirelessly. With Resolume I have 4 layers all with 16 clips (you can add more if you want). To top it off I can use ScreenFlow and record the whole night........

Heres what my templates look like,

For some free projection mapping software google VPT, its a whole nother animal on its own and has some really cool features. Works on both PC and Mac.

geposted Sat 11 Jan 14 @ 6:58 pm
djfufo, that's freakin Brilliant!

BeatBreaker1, you have always been a help in the past and just wanted to say that I value your opinion. However, we are at an age were it's all about software. The hardware is practically the same unless you are running high end servers. The point being that I was hoping to keep this thread as being PC based for those of us who have already invested thousands upon thousands.

There are small things that Macs can do that PCs can not. But only because PC software hasn't been written yet. Vice Versa. Don't you remember when VDJ was PC only? lol

If the software isn't available yet, it's forums like these that get the attention of programmers. If what I wanted was strictly a hardware limitation, I might have saved some headaches and gone the Mac route. But, I'm fighting the odds, hoping to grab the attention from PC programmers or users to help.

I currently use a dozen programs that are not avail on mac and are needed at the same time I DJ. So unfortunately, switching to a new OS is not the right solution.

geposted Sun 12 Jan 14 @ 3:49 am
42%