Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: What are your favorite effects ? I'm curious - Page: 3

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I think your both right. Learn to scratch, and use vst's.

According to a youtube tutorial vst's can be mapped by trial and error!?

geposted Tue 07 Apr 15 @ 6:22 am
I hear what Fred is saying and I'm old school as he is to but whenever we recorded and needed scratches we would have the DJ lay down his scratches on a track by themselves, after that when were laying the track down we put them in the sequencer with the rest of the track and mix it down.

My point here is sure you can use a vst to scratch but in my opinion you'll have more fun doin it yourself.

Hope that clears this up 👌

geposted Tue 07 Apr 15 @ 9:43 am
I've just had a little test of this VST, and I love it!
It need's further testing, and I don't yet have full control, but it is good.

geposted Tue 07 Apr 15 @ 10:46 am
that's what Im saying Ron ;)

geposted Tue 07 Apr 15 @ 5:40 pm
Tim Berg said the truth about set's, what i just said to you ,you need to play a bit variety music because otherwise , just get boring ,EDM Dj's are not real.real dj's mixing different genres !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9e57P8fQ4Cw

geposted Tue 07 Apr 15 @ 9:44 pm
who's tim Berg? no matter...Nick,I think you have a bit of a hangup my brother :) .I listen to Rock classics cause I grew up as a guitarist.then came fusion jazz.then early electro boogie (Herbie hancock crossed over afterwards,then others) then house,acid house,techno and so on.so I was reborn with the sound of synths and drum maschines.in all those styles they where copykats playing the same to cash in.but then there are the originators.allways watch out for those.but yeah right now a bunch of Edm dj's are over using the same drops and the rising synth buildups.is making me sick.and funny..Im having a hard time sequencing a original beat that consist of just those two hooks.I like funky beats and progressive beats and again ,progressive now is not what it was in the 90's.but then with a little searching I've found some amazing stuff,based on tones,its what it allways been.and today theres more "tones" than ever....but like fusion it is easy to go over peoples head where they cant grasp what style is it,hence the dj play what most average kid can deal with,a basic kick on the floor and a build up rising synth (like orgasmic?)...hopefully soon this will change.we need to educate the kids more musically speaking...

geposted Tue 07 Apr 15 @ 10:05 pm
Tim Berg = Avicii I am sure you knew that :)

geposted Wed 08 Apr 15 @ 1:14 am
I like this thread.
The only problem for forums, is that important info are not organized and they are not in the same place.

VirtuaDJ team should maybe think about making a section in their website regarding effect mappings and vst effects.

There is already the plugin section, with audio effects. But they should maybe also add some basic default mapping for every effect page.
And they should add a "VST" section, where it would be possible to find the best and tested (and stable) VST that work with VirtualDj (as well as some basic default mapping for them).

Effects, vdj script and VST compatibility are a plus, but they should take care more about IMO.

geposted Wed 08 Apr 15 @ 4:21 am
VPS Philta

Thanks to synthet1c I found this VST effect.
Is a filter, there are several parameters and you can obviously map it.
You have to install a demo version that you can find on a torrent file search engine. Search for Vengeance Sound Philta XL CM Edition.
You can use it, with some limitations.
It works well in VDJ8, just install it and copy the .dll file into the SoundEffect folder of VirtualDj

geposted Wed 08 Apr 15 @ 4:27 am
yes..I forgot that one.actually...been secretly praying for synthetic to come back with some goodies. him and TexZK...

geposted Wed 08 Apr 15 @ 5:22 am
MrJackson2014 wrote :
Tim Berg = Avicii I am sure you knew that :)

Tim burger no :) ,Avicii sure but not a fave...Oldskool formula look in da underground,not mainsteam. actually been listening to these guys and this track
Balthazar & Jackrock - Puerto Rico (Alex Di Stefano Remix)...this track is Slammin! techno yes!!!

geposted Wed 08 Apr 15 @ 5:44 am
I'm looking at VST's again with renewed interest. They might run better in VDJ 8!

geposted Wed 08 Apr 15 @ 7:04 am
thetracker510 wrote :
Okay,enough talk about EDM Djs....I listen and enjoy anything under the House umbrella.a EDM dj is more of a performer,and if you went to see a major recording artist you would have to settle for whatever they play up on stage...simple...and yes,I think VDJ should have some popular and dedicated effects right on the middle or a new pannel.the problem is having a new "channel" and a dedicated controller to control just the effects.I'm surprised that no manufactures have jumped on this idea.a vst multi effects software for vdj with a dedicated controller.how would that work you ask? somewhat like my NI Maschine sampler which opens as a vst plugin and the controller auto connects to it the minute you open maschine which quite surprised me when it worked.

Yeah just go into VDJ setting and tell it to ignore whatever controller your using and then it should hook back into the other software.

So for example, I plug my NI Maschine and tell VDJ to ignore this controller, next I open the Maschine vst from within VDJ and all is good...... ✌️

geposted Wed 08 Apr 15 @ 9:46 am

geposted Wed 08 Apr 15 @ 12:24 pm
It sounds like creeping but....I thought PhantomDeejay would know what he was doing so I checked out his effects. I'm pleased I did!

geposted Wed 08 Apr 15 @ 2:04 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :
thetracker510 wrote :
Okay,enough talk about EDM Djs....I listen and enjoy anything under the House umbrella.a EDM dj is more of a performer,and if you went to see a major recording artist you would have to settle for whatever they play up on stage...simple...and yes,I think VDJ should have some popular and dedicated effects right on the middle or a new pannel.the problem is having a new "channel" and a dedicated controller to control just the effects.I'm surprised that no manufactures have jumped on this idea.a vst multi effects software for vdj with a dedicated controller.how would that work you ask? somewhat like my NI Maschine sampler which opens as a vst plugin and the controller auto connects to it the minute you open maschine which quite surprised me when it worked.

Yeah just go into VDJ setting and tell it to ignore whatever controller your using and then it should hook back into the other software.

So for example, I plug my NI Maschine and tell VDJ to ignore this controller, next I open the Maschine vst from within VDJ and all is good...... ✌️

no,no,no,no (as Kim sayd in "Sex in the city") you mean for other controllers.NI mashine connects even after unplugin and replugin back while openned in a softaware.no issues there.sooo...

geposted Wed 08 Apr 15 @ 4:55 pm
santdPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I use the following EFX:

Echo, this is the closest thing to the pioneer EFX 500. If you turn the knob all the way to the right, the incoming signal is cut off you just have the trail. You can slowly turn the knob to the left to adjust the resonance. There is alo a button that cuts off the incoming signal. This is a brilliant work around to VDJ's lack of post fader effect. You can also filter out the highs and lows, which is nice when you are slightly echoing a vocal.

Echo Doppler is the same, except you can only delay a beat or half a beat.

Flippin Double, this has been my favorite since I started to use VDJ back in 2003.

Beatgrid, I use it the same way I use flippin double.

VDJ's standard filters are pretty good.

I like to combine the efects to make my own.

I have said this a million times, why does everyone feel that VDJ's effects are lacking? Ive always used effects processors (I still have my pioneer EFX 500) and VDJ's standard effects sound just as good.

I have Traktor and I find most of their effects to be useless. When I use traktor I use my time codes and I use the effects from my pioneer DJM 800.

I use VDJ with my time codes and midi controllers. When I use VDJ with time codes, I never touch the DJM 800. Plus I like being able to use midi controllers and mix in internal mode with out the need for any additional hardware.

I DJ'ed Saturday night and plugged my Wego (using my Audio 8) into the house mixer and I had everything I needed on the Wego.

I use effects for club style mixing. What effecst do you guys need specifically? Also what is it about Tracktor's effects that make it so great?

geposted Mon 20 Apr 15 @ 1:05 pm
NelumbLE userMember since 2013
Hi all,

I usually use echo, flanger and brake effect.

I loved the "ramp delay" native effect from Traktor Pro, someone know if there's some similar for vdj? Searching this web I found a "similar" effect like echo_delay, but is not the same...

geposted Wed 22 Apr 15 @ 3:46 am
my favorite effect used to be get_food. but now I think essential visuals/tellyvisuals for getting info to the customers.

geposted Wed 22 Apr 15 @ 4:38 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I've changed my mind, these press and holds are pretty cool,

slip on & loop 1 & repeat 33ms & down ? loop 99% : loop 0 & slip off

slip on & loop 0.5 & repeat 235ms & down ? key 0 ? key -1 : key -1 ? key -2 : key -2 ? key -3 : key -4 : loop 0 & key 0 & slip off

slip on & effect_active 'brakeStart' & repeat_start_instant 'rsibrakeStart' 10ms & effect_active 'brakeStart' 1 ? nothing : repeat_stop 'rsibrakeStart' & play & slip off

geposted Wed 22 Apr 15 @ 8:05 pm
87%