Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Addons

Topic: DMXArtNetNtx - Page: 1
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014

geposted Wed 21 Oct 20 @ 11:32 pm
Hi, nice to see an Artnet project here.
What does it do? Nothing happens, if i press any buttons. I cannot see any artnet activity, if its enabled.

geposted Thu 22 Oct 20 @ 3:02 am
Hi,
This plugin is a rewritten version of experimental VDJArtnet by Jonathan Tanner & bluescreen25
It is almost script & feel compatible with VDJartnet experimental one
Most "correct" scripts may work (there are few, many of existing ones are buggy)
Script configuration is done from an external tool.
Editing script and channels does not need VDJ, but plugin can call it for quick fixes

in a way to work you need to initially specify :
- take a look at About to know the name of the config file (not needed but is deck + bus dependant)
- open config
- set ArtNet address and port universe ...
- script for at least one channel
- save
- refresh the settings
- select universe
- activate the plugin

it is not trivial config

What it does:

All 512 DMX channels will call a vdj script (if any) to get a return value (see later, standard being range 0..255)
only chanels between first one with a script and last one with a script are raw transmitted by ArtNetDMX

example: say you want to control light from fixture channel 1 DMX address 1 with VDJ Track level
Open config editor
Line 1 chanel 1 name the script and set the script
i.e.:
VolumeLevel intensity audible | is_audible ? get_level & param_multiply 255 & set $VDJartnetSend : set $VDJartnetSend 0

many infos on QLC+ forum (initial origin of the plugin)
some in VDJ Forum too

config script and examples are in <VDJFOLDER>\Plugins[64]\DMXArtNetNtxData

geposted Thu 22 Oct 20 @ 3:22 am
@VDJ Monty
Even well configured and working the plugin will only send data when sending data is required
- one channel value changed
- keepalive timeout reached

it also use the "partial" mode sending only to block of used chanels

some old (2 years) original discutions with infos:
https://www.virtualdj.com/forums/190251/VirtualDJ_Plugins/Controlling_QLC__DMX_lighting_program_from_VDJ8_via_MIDI_IAC_Driver_on_Mac_.html?search=VDJArtnet&page=3.35
https://www.virtualdj.com/forums/222440/Wishes_and_new_features/Lightcontroll.html?search=VDJArtnet&page=1.25

geposted Thu 22 Oct 20 @ 3:30 am

geposted Thu 22 Oct 20 @ 3:42 am
hi. thanks for your new artnet plugin. Old VDJArtnet plugin works great with me on both version of Windows 32 bit and 64 bit. I m sorry but your new plugin doesn`t work on both. On 32 bit configuration exe file doesn`t open and there is no any reaction with button enable in VDJ. On 64 bit I can open exe config file and make default config file with it help, but VDJ shutdown when I try to push button enable. What does it mean? Can you help me?

geposted Thu 11 Feb 21 @ 8:23 am
In fact i didn't used it for a long time due to covid-19 (last time being to post new version after posting wrong one without network connexion) tested right now, both workings fine here

"On 32 bit configuration exe file doesn`t open" strange because this is the same old one 32bit version for both
make sure it is both in "VirtualDJ\Plugins\DMXArtNetNtxData" and "VirtualDJ\Plugins64\DMXArtNetNtxData"
it can be used out of VDJ too

About 64bit version crashing at start this was sometimes the case when the socket was already in use with old version, never had this problem with uploaded ones
make sure IP and port are correct and no other software is using the same one

geposted Thu 11 Feb 21 @ 8:59 am
Note the plugin version is v1.2b_Ntx still in beta and in development if needed

Remember scripts are executed by VDJ and there are many possibilities to crash VDJ by scripts ^^
and return values (out of 0..255) are still very experimental and can maybe crash the plugin
and stability may depend on scripts duration too

geposted Thu 11 Feb 21 @ 9:16 am
Thanks for your reply.
With me .dll plugin file and config file have been downloaded to the Sound effect folder, not for VDJArtnetntxdata. and For both version 32 and 64 in my vdj plugins files have been downloaded to the Plugins folder, not to the Plugins64. Would you mind to help me. What should I do in such sItuation?
And as far as I understand only VDJArtnet plugin old or your version can use VDJ script commands, and os2l can only send osl2l_ button and os2l cmd commands to QLC+, for example, am I right?

geposted Thu 11 Feb 21 @ 12:48 pm
1) I found a new issue with recent vdj update... I don't know how to fix for now :(
This is the one you reported that kills the start button (the plugin always starts even the buttons are dummy, 4 buttons exist to enable a plugin but they are not in sync as with origial vdjartnet)
so currently when buttons say not activated the plugin is activated anyway if you open GUI (start function is call more often before, everytime GUI is touched this is a big problem)

2) yes vdjartnet / DMXArtnet both can use scripts per DMX channel (executed all the time, DMX updated as needed) it needs a config both sides plugin and QLC+
The other hand OS2L only sends commands/buttons values, so that scripts have to be written in VDJ button or in cues points actions it needs config QLC+ side and per track / specific pad

Currently i was using both at the same time: artnet for everything live (beats, genre, levels, scratch, time...)
and os2l for track specific stuffs (fog, smoke, beam, strobo ...) at specific point

geposted Thu 11 Feb 21 @ 1:21 pm
fixed versions v1.3b uploaded waiting for review
Two installers for 32 and 64 bit with integrated config tool
(these are versions with testing extra about strings handling)

geposted Thu 11 Feb 21 @ 3:02 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
@nicotux,
it seems that you uploaded msi installers this time.
If you still want your Addon to install from VDJ Extensions (Effects category), you ll need to upload dll files.
If for some reason you prefer to have custom installers, then perhaps move it to "Others" and let users download from web and install

geposted Thu 11 Feb 21 @ 6:48 pm
uploaded again but dlls only
(msi were only for a dll and a data folder)

"Others" section is not working well: nothing appears in Tools (or Languages) section
VDJ section is named "Other -> Tools" "Other -> Languages"

geposted Fri 12 Feb 21 @ 2:59 am
Thanks a lot. Now it is working good. I have used it on 64 bit Windows version.
Great. But there is no any presets. Where should new users can get presets for your such a wonderful plugin?
Would you mind to make some forum, where users can download and change their presets ?
And maybe it will be good if you should download to the config file of the tools a list of the important presets by default.

Best regards.

geposted Fri 12 Feb 21 @ 5:22 pm
PS Maybe not for config file but for .txt file of the examples of the important presets

geposted Fri 12 Feb 21 @ 5:29 pm
HrohhhHome userMember since 2020
Nice work. Still missing vdjscript for set action cue point via PADS.

geposted Thu 18 Feb 21 @ 9:43 am
if you want to store action to cue by pad... vdj can't

if you want to activate dmx by cue or pad :
you can use a dedicated variable say "$dmxcue1"
and some channels with scripts like
"var '$dmxcue1' 1 ? set $VDJartnetsend 255 : var '$dmxcue1' 2 ? set $VDJartnetsend 42 : "

if var is 1 switch full on, is 2 set it to 42 else keep as is (or off depending on settings)

or specify levels
set '$VDJartnetsend' '$dmxcue1'
and set by cue action: set '$dmxcue1' 127

can be used with action cues, pad, custom button (or sliders, *255 needed) or in other scripts
if wanted, a dmx channel can activate another one this way (including actions with its own value)
get_bpm & param_cast int & param_equal 120 set $vdjartnetsend 255 : set "$dmxcue1" & set $vdjartnetsend 256

geposted Thu 18 Feb 21 @ 10:55 am
grrrr... missing question mark ...
get_bpm & param_cast int & param_equal 120 ? set $vdjartnetsend 255 : set "$dmxcue1" & set $vdjartnetsend 256

geposted Thu 18 Feb 21 @ 12:27 pm
Thank you for your work!

geposted Wed 09 Jun 21 @ 8:08 am
Is there any way for me to use MyDMX 3.0 within VDJ?

geposted Tue 13 Dec 22 @ 12:00 am
83%