Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: How to upload played sets in the account? - Page: 1
How do upload played sets under the "sets" tab in your account? And what is a "played" set according to vdj8 standards? Is it a set I played where? broadcasted it? recorded it and then played it? Please advise.

geposted Fri 23 Jul 21 @ 1:57 am
You can't upload a set directly.
How it works is like this:
If you have "sendHistory" option enabled in settings and you are logged in VirtualDJ app when you play, the track titles that you play are sent on the server and the server auto-populates the "played sets" facility.
It doesn't matter if you're just playing, broadcasting, or recording.
As long as a song gets marked as "played" it gets send on the server.

Finally you don't need an active internet connection while you play in order to use it.
If you don't have internet connection while playing, VirtualDJ will "keep" the titles of the tracks you played stored locally and once you connect back to internet it will send them over.

Finally keep in mind that "played sets" by default are private. Only YOU can see them, unless you decide to make one/some/all public.

geposted Fri 23 Jul 21 @ 5:42 am
Awesome explanation!! Thanks

geposted Fri 23 Jul 21 @ 8:43 pm
George, sorry to bother you. I opened a topic about this but got one reply that did not work because it was incomplete in information. I hope you can help.
I know VDJ8 shows track titles as cue points after a new mixed recording for multiple songs. Its an awesome feature since it also provide a timestamp!! However, when I load a mix those markers are completely gone. Anyways to recuperate those? or a way in which they don't disappear? I know they are gone because I did change the file name, but is there a way to get them back?

geposted Sat 24 Jul 21 @ 2:54 pm
hello. this doesn't seem to work anymore. i've tried to let the songs play and with the send history enabled but still the same results. which means nothing in my setlist under my account.

geposted Sun 21 Aug 22 @ 2:29 pm
It's OK here. I streamed for three hours this morning, and have just checked my sets - all the tracks are shown.

geposted Sun 21 Aug 22 @ 4:46 pm
groovindj wrote :
It's OK here. I streamed for three hours this morning, and have just checked my sets - all the tracks are shown.

so basically i have to stream or make a podcast? ok, good to know.

geposted Sun 21 Aug 22 @ 6:07 pm
no, the software just has to be able to recognize that something has played. doesn't have to be podcast or streaming.
so if it's enabled in Options - then just like the software records History (default time to recognize as played is :45 seconds but you can customize that) it can see it as played and upload to your Profile sets

geposted Mon 22 Aug 22 @ 2:52 am
well, that's what i'm telling you. it's not working like this on my end. even though that thing of sending history is enabled.

geposted Mon 22 Aug 22 @ 4:44 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Are the songs logged in your local history? (In the Lists&Advice, History folder in the browser)

geposted Mon 22 Aug 22 @ 5:26 am
yes they are.

geposted Mon 22 Aug 22 @ 5:31 am

geposted Mon 22 Aug 22 @ 4:50 pm
exactly. i wonder, is it because i'm streaming my local mp3 files?

geposted Mon 22 Aug 22 @ 8:00 pm
faders up on the software? crossfader linked? if the software doesn't recognize an outgoing signal then it won't know that something has been played.

geposted Tue 23 Aug 22 @ 12:03 am
ok, try to be more explicit here. what do you mean by cross fader up? like does the cross fader have to be fully to the left or to the right? in this case thank you, cause i usually keep them to the center.

geposted Tue 23 Aug 22 @ 9:15 am
The track needs to be audible on the master output for it to be logged in history.
But since you mentioned your local history records the tracks fine I don't think that is the problem.
Double-check the license tab in options perhaps to make sure that you are logged in to your account correctly.

geposted Tue 23 Aug 22 @ 10:42 am
Is there not a minimum track count, or play time in the history before it gets uploaded as a set?

for example only upload set, if current total of play is more the 30 minutes etc.

geposted Tue 23 Aug 22 @ 11:14 am
Good point, a minimum of 20 minutes and 5 songs is indeed needed for a set to be uploaded.

geposted Tue 23 Aug 22 @ 11:30 am
yes, indeed it is. but i tried like 10 songs and over 30 minutes, because indeed i checked first the log report and i had this issue. but now? i did not get this thing in the log report but my set still do not upload. as for the account i'm logged in so that shouldn't be a problem

geposted Tue 23 Aug 22 @ 11:40 am
hello. it looks like now one of my sets is uploaded. i made i public but when i click share it tells me something about the domain not added in my app or something on facebook. what's up with that?

geposted Tue 13 Sep 22 @ 10:34 pm
80%