Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: how do you get Mappings to go in more Detail in Shader Video FX - Page: 1
hi
so i realize you cant map video FX for deck 1 or 2.. just Master

but i trying to get 1 Button to select Shader, activate gemeraty.. turn off Auto change, and set the Transparancy to like 50% from 0% transparancy

and then when i turn it off.. it set the transparancy back to 0% turn On Auto change mode...

how can i do that.. or even have a 2nd macro button to turn shader back to Auto change, set trans parancy to 0%

how would i go about doing it..

all i can do is get it to select shader and turn it on or off

geposted Wed 29 Sep 21 @ 3:05 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014

geposted Wed 29 Sep 21 @ 5:07 pm
ok i take a look
as what i was doing it was using the Eye Dropper and selected Video Deck drop down box bit its always video_fx for left and right and master

and ok ill take a look at link as i getting kinda frustrated well the little descriptions dont always help
when i wanna select shader.. then select the specific video effect in that.. be able to uncheck the auto change check box and set the transparancy to like 50% all from 1 button..
but ill take a look and see if the links have that info i need

geposted Wed 29 Sep 21 @ 5:59 pm
and damn dislexia i read it wrong too.. i see you got slider to = the auto change etc..

ill give them a try.. later... got the virtual dj database back... so ill play with it when i get a chance again today...

as i trying to do this all on 1 Key press to do it all..

geposted Wed 29 Sep 21 @ 6:00 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

geposted Wed 29 Sep 21 @ 6:18 pm
i lovc this community ...

geposted Wed 29 Sep 21 @ 6:40 pm
ok so i kinda lost .. didnt work for me
1.. i found there is a bug.. if i im the search bar.. and press a button on my external keypad like 8 it doesnt press Ctrl X say it presses 8... as i using Lua Macros... so i not sure how vdj bypass's it?

but for the coding i didnt watch all of the video i only read below it..
i did

example 1.. for not ill do the main window..
i want it to to Select Shader, Select Disc 2000. Set Transparancy to 50%, turn off Auto change

effect_string "shader" 1 "disco 2000"
effect_button "shader" 2
effect_button "shader" 3

i tried
effect_string "shader" 1 "disco 2000" & effect_button "shader" 2 & effect_button "shader" 3

example 2 i tried
effect_string "shader" 1 "Disco 2000" & video_fx

example 3 i tried
video_fx_select "shader" & video_fx_slider 50 & video_button 2

i really also not understanding the 1 2 3
does 1 = on 2 =off 3=?
and how do you write precentage?
so
video_fx_slider 2 50

is that how you write it.. 2 turns on the slider 50 is the 50 percent transparancy

i have to re read that page and video as i not 100% grasping it

geposted Wed 29 Sep 21 @ 7:48 pm
effect_active 'shader' & effect_string "shader" 1 "disco 2000" & effect_slider "shader" 2 50% & effect_button "shader" 2 off

fx on, pick shader, trans to 1/2 [can use 0.5 or 50%] , auto move off [can use on/off/toggle , can leave no specifier to toggle, but in some cases toggle is needed but that's rare cases with heavier script]

geposted Wed 29 Sep 21 @ 8:12 pm
ok it semi works
so whenver you see 1=0n 2 = off 3 = toggle right?

so i find a few bugs maybe you know.. i made 2 short cuts.. they do 2 different shadders.. you cant choose between the 2.. it buggers up and it shuts off and you can click the button nothing happens i find you gotta press the first button again .. and then it kinda works.. as i want 2 buttons at the moment.. 1 does 1 video show 2 does another and you can press between the 2 to switch.. it seems to bugger up ....

also i noticed the effects only works on the deck last loaded a song.. so if i load a track on the right deck it only shows up on the right.. and if you want it to the left it wont go till you load a track on the left..

so i wanna learn the option of loading it Left Side and Right Side... also the MAster

as i trying to get the one show to work on the master screen.. i tried moding the code i thought if i load video_fx it would choose the master

so button 1
effect_active 'shader' & effect_string "shader" 1 "disco 2000" & effect_slider "shader" 2 50% & effect_button "shader" 2 off

Button 2 (this one i trying to get on the Master screen)
effect_active 'shader' & effect_string "shader" 1 "SoundEclipse rpm" & effect_slider "shader" 2 50% & effect_button "shader" 2 off & sampler_bank "Lets Dance - Superheros 1" & sampler_play_stop 3

button 2 ( i tried a different way)
video_fx "shader" & effect_active 'shader' & effect_string "shader" 1 "SoundEclipse rpm" & effect_slider "shader" 2 50% & effect_button "shader" 2 off & sampler_bank "Lets Dance - Superheros 1" & sampler_play_stop 3

so to be able to work right do i need to use a different way? least its working button 2 kinda the way i want it lol and button 1 for practice

i appreciate the help so far.. i bet if i was working with this stuff every day i wouldnt be confused with some of the description not simple for a dumbass like me (:

geposted Wed 29 Sep 21 @ 9:07 pm
so whenver you see 1=0n 2 = off 3 = toggle right?

no, 1,2,3 in this case relate to be button number or slider number or string number
[you can use boolean 1=0n 0=off -1=toggle as a setting for a button after specifying the button number but this a side note to what you are asking]

only works on the deck last loaded

yes, if you want a specific deck, specify it first
deck 1 YOUR_SCRIPT
deck master YOUR_SCRIPT
master has a few different places that can call shader fx different places need different syntax [covered in tutorial page]

geposted Wed 29 Sep 21 @ 9:21 pm
That's due to what locodog tried to explain about toggle
effect_active 'shader'
with no parameter switches on or off

just remove it from button or set it to on "effect_active 'shader' on "
and a button for off
effect_active 'shader' off
or on off
effect_active 'shader'

for a button that changes settings and activates shaders or stop when used with shift :

shift ? effect_active 'shader' off : effect_active 'shader' on & effect_string "shader" 1 "disco 2000" & effect_slider "shader" 2 50% & effect_button "shader" 2 off

shift ? effect_active 'shader' off : effect_active "shader" on & effect_string "shader" 1 "SoundEclipse rpm" & effect_slider "shader" 2 50% & effect_button "shader" 2 off

geposted Wed 29 Sep 21 @ 9:21 pm
as well for master you effectively can use video_* verbs

shift ? video_fx_select "shader" off : video_fx_select "shader" on & video_fx_slider 2 50% & video_button 2 off

I personally prefer these ones as they are sure with Master output
in some cases "deck master YOUR_SCRIPT" does not refer to master output but master_tempo deck

geposted Wed 29 Sep 21 @ 9:28 pm
ok ill try those and re read things... ya always learning

i have one more question for now since i playing around with it..
how do i get the sample to stop when you press the same short cut key or press a different button for a video effect... the shader will stop but i cant get the sampler to stop same time.. it keeps running

i tried the sampler_play_stop _play pretty much i tried them all

so i want when you press the button it starts the shader.. and the sample.. press it again shuts off shader and sampler. same pressing a different button..

and ill play with those other options...

now only if i could get my short cut keys not screwing up in the search bar.. somehow vdj is bypassing lua macros

and thats if its even possible for either

and i appreciate all teh help so far.. ill have to re read things to try to remember it all

update: now the sampler_play_stop 3
seems to work it stops
but ill try that other editing later tonight... with the shift ? and all that stuff

geposted Wed 29 Sep 21 @ 9:38 pm
Don't try remember it all, person experience - it hardly ever sticks, do little bits a few times that way you have a memory of doing it.

you learn to read with A,B,C, dog cat mat, and working up.

geposted Wed 29 Sep 21 @ 9:55 pm
So I like to have a random button of the shader category I'm using. How do I configure that?

geposted Thu 30 Sep 21 @ 7:52 am
ah ok ill do a bit at a time.. it does get over whelming.. especially when your not fluent in it (:

i appreciate the help so far ill dable more on weekend..

geposted Thu 30 Sep 21 @ 12:54 pm
@Skyedotse

I can't think of a way to do random of a shader folder, well I can but the script is horrible and not all that random.

geposted Thu 30 Sep 21 @ 2:03 pm
locodog
i had time now to play with that one scenerary i working on.. and where i said it wasnt working the got tit to work.. where it starts and stops a sample i.. was wrong.. it still doesnt work.. it needs to start and stop the sample but it wont.. tried a few different sampler_play _play_stop shuttle.. none are for if playing stays playing till you hit a different sample then stop... or what not..
i added a sample_stop at the beginning to force it to stop all samples it doesnt work..

i also think i found a bug.. why it doesnt work right either.. Codes cant go past 2 lines... 3rd the code is green for sample_bank

so i guess you gotta write all your code within 2 lines... starting the 3rd line... a function is now green.. i posted few different scenearios.. if its on the 2nd line its white... if goes to the third line shes green

is it a bug or do i need to change some coding? maybe thats why i couldnt do it right with your help
i was trying to get it to work and sumbled across it... i never gota chance to try the shift ?: stuff but figured 1 step at a time.. and ask if that could be my problem at the moment.. come to line 3?

geposted Thu 30 Sep 21 @ 2:23 pm
ive tried

& sampler_bank < has 2 spaces
& sampler_bank < has 1 space
&sampler_bank < has no space

the third one makes it white but doesnt really work either

geposted Thu 30 Sep 21 @ 2:29 pm
green isn't a worry 'intelisense' can act up depending on window size and text layout but it's just cosmetic.

geposted Thu 30 Sep 21 @ 2:49 pm
67%