Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: how do you get Mappings to go in more Detail in Shader Video FX - Page: 2
ok so whats wrong with this code
deck master & sampler_stop all & effect_active 'shader' & effect_string "shader" 1 "SoundEclipse rpm" & effect_slider "shader" 2 50% & effect_button "shader" 2 off & sampler_bank "Lets Dance - Superheros 1" & sampler_play 3

i added the sampler_stop all to force super hereo and all samples to stop when you press the button..

i changed sampler_play 3 to play_stutter 3 to play_stop 3

i can not make sampler stop playing
the shader will stop but the sample will keep running

and there is no 4th optop sampler_play_toggle if sample running and button is pressed stays on. but when pressed again shuts off

or is there another piece of code to add?

id like it to turn on and turn off....

even if you run a different sample video effect before it and i choose the above code wont stop the sample

the only work around i think is 1 button to shut off all i made but it doesnt work for samples running from a different page
sampler_stop & deck master & video_fx_clear

geposted Thu 30 Sep 21 @ 3:03 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
deck master effect_active 'shader' & effect_string "shader" 1 "SoundEclipse rpm" & effect_slider "shader" 2 50% & effect_button "shader" 2 off & sampler_bank "Lets Dance - Superheros 1" & sampler_play_stop 3

works here, I'm getting some strangeness with what the master video fx gui is reporting, but press the button green fella dancing in front of a circle, press it again it all goes away

geposted Thu 30 Sep 21 @ 3:35 pm
ya it kinda works... screen buggers up though if you press a different sample

but it still buggers up if you already have the green guy dancing on teh screen.. if you have him dancing
and then choose the script it will toggle it out

so then you get just the ring.. or when you press the button the ring gone and hes dancing

and i find the screen flickers and resets itself too the display messes up and resets

so there is no option if sample already running do nothing when button is pressed

so try again.. get the sample running first.. and then run the script on a key and you see it toggle.. not stay on.. and then when button pressed 2nd time it shuts off..

but ya screen messe up...

so i made a button
deck master & sampler_stop all & video_fx_clear

for now not what i wanted but maybe it cant be done at the moment?

or i guess only other option dont run the same sample as the short cut to run the scene...
if its a different sample running seems ok but u cant run the same as it toggles

as there is no option of if its already running (sample) do nothing once you press button again stop that sample

geposted Thu 30 Sep 21 @ 3:48 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
so query if the sample is playing & the shader is on.

stop adding & directly after deck master, it's not needed

geposted Thu 30 Sep 21 @ 3:57 pm
not sure what you mean 2nd part

and no
i mean is if you have "Same Sample Running" and not the shader running just the Same Sample

when you run the routine.. to enable "Sampler" and "Fader" is when it toggles it doesnt keep the Sampler running.. and it doesnt shut it off when you press button again

maybe i need to make a video

geposted Thu 30 Sep 21 @ 4:00 pm
so here is one drive link to my virtual dj video

i using the script you made above..
sorry poor video its blue due to i dunno camera cell picks it up weird

but you can see if i running the hulk green guy first and then run the script it toggles and doesnt keep him on right.. and switching from what char it kinda works and you can see the video wankyness

ill keep playing later... but ya it toggles doesnt stay on then shut off when you turn off the scene (same button)
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkZ74ugB21kngYNWGoc15_G9ZDvVdw?e=LZCIQO

geposted Thu 30 Sep 21 @ 4:57 pm
so hopefully the video helps ya see how it basiclly works as long as your not on the sample sample.. but i do more testing on the weekend

a suggestion for a fix.. the X beside the Save disk be nice to have a popup saying Do you wish to delete the mappings.. its very easy to click that X instead of the corner X to close the window.. and you delete the the custom file.. so you gotta find it in the recycling bin.. but a pop up saying do you wish to delete..
this way you cant accidently delete it... ..

but gonna test more on weekend

geposted Fri 01 Oct 21 @ 1:15 pm
i ment to reply earlier
i never did solve the issue of

if FX is already running, and you press the Button to keep it on and do not Toggle.. and when you press the button again to Toggle it off.. To turn it all off..
that i couldnt figure out how to do

and my Toggle all Effects off Button.. doesnt always work.. nothings perfect but i havent played with it in a while

geposted Wed 10 Nov 21 @ 2:32 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Simply do not toggle sample but switch it on/off:
deck master effect_active 'shader' & effect_string "shader" 1 "SoundEclipse rpm" & effect_slider "shader" 2 50% & effect_button "shader" 2 off & sampler_bank "Lets Dance - Superheros 1" & effect_active 'shader' ? sampler_play 3 :  sampler stop 3

geposted Wed 10 Nov 21 @ 3:49 am
sorry for the delay i wasnt getting updates even with the bell rung and i been dealing helping my mother so havent checked on much...

ill give it a try this week or weekend to test it .. i appreciate it

as i was having a heck of a time it wasnt working for me.. or if i toggled on off "1" button or if i pressed "2" and wanted scene "1"button turned off it was toggling.. and then i made a button "0" that was supposed to turn off all effects but it seem to glitch either i didnt code it right..

ill give what you wrote a try and ill post what i had... i just havent worked on things in a while

damn pandemic and trying to care for a sick mother and such hopefully 2022 is better year

geposted Wed 01 Dec 21 @ 3:03 pm