Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: STEMS on MacBook Pro M1 Pro - Doesnt work.. - Page: 2
Warning, longish post.

Keith, one of the most surprising things I found with the M1 MBP is that I can charge it up in an hour or so while using it then, unplug the charging cable and run on battery all day for 6-8 hours. That's with my external WD USB HD plugged in and drawing power from the battery too, amazing. I'm possibly going to upgrade to an SSD external which would save even more power, just finding it hard to justify when I'm rarely working now. Also, it stays much cooler overall than my previous Mac.

I chose the 14" over the 16" mainly on price and portability. There is £394 difference for the sake of 2 inches of screen acreage. Plus, at home, I am always plugged into my 42" TV with HDMI, which works great for me. When gigging I found the screen is so sharp that the size is not a problem.

I know you've mentioned before that you use a cut-down library of music. You may get away with a large SD card plugged in instead of an external Hard Drive or SSD, less clutter. 😉

It looks like Edinburgh is your nearest John Lewis store. They are excellent for electricals as the price for mine was £1735 compared to Apple's price of £1899 with 2 years Warranty and 18 months interest-free credit. That price is the same as Amazon but with the extra warranty and int free credit. You can of course order it online and have it delivered.

I'm pretty sure Apple will bring out an M2 version in the spring.

This is the one I got in June;
14" M1 MacBook Pro

geposted Fri 30 Dec 22 @ 7:35 pm
I use a flush fit sd adapter with my 14" pro

I have couple different cards with music videos on them They work great and the fit almost flush

geposted Fri 30 Dec 22 @ 10:49 pm
tonymsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
kradcliffe wrote :
Try renaming your settings.xml file (to find it go to settings> options and click the cog in the bottom corner) to see if VDJ creating a new one will fix the problem. If not you can just change it back.

Tried... Virtual DJ gives the same error and when I close the app, it creates a new settings.xml.

With a fresh install of MacOs Ventura, I haven't the error anymore. But now, I tried to do a backup with time machine and after I used the migration tool of Ventura. Now I have again the same error.

Who can resolve this issue? Virtual DJ developers or can it be a issue of Apple (with the migration tool from time machine)?

geposted Sat 07 Jan 23 @ 9:44 am
tonymsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
tonyms wrote :
kradcliffe wrote :
Try renaming your settings.xml file (to find it go to settings> options and click the cog in the bottom corner) to see if VDJ creating a new one will fix the problem. If not you can just change it back.

Tried... Virtual DJ gives the same error and when I close the app, it creates a new settings.xml.

With a fresh install of MacOs Ventura, I haven't the error anymore. But now, I tried to do a backup with time machine and after I used the migration tool of Ventura. Now I have again the same error.

Who can resolve this issue? Virtual DJ developers or can it be a issue of Apple (with the migration tool from time machine)?

Update... I made two changes on my MacBook Pro and I solved the error about stems engine without formatting.

I can't say what was the solution, but, essentially, now Virtual DJ works again without giving the error:

1. I have deleted a plugin from the folder /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL (named MMAudio)

2. I renamed the "settings.xml" file to "settings.bak" in the Library/Application Support/VirtualDJ folder. Then I opened VirtualDJ, closed it again and saw that it created a new "settings.xml" file.

At this point I deleted it and renamed the "settings.bak" file to "settings.xml". I reopened VirtualDJ and I have no more error reports on the Stems engine. Then I checked that it really worked and I can confirm that now everything is ok!

I think that the second point could be the solution!

geposted Mon 09 Jan 23 @ 4:17 pm
user22312225 wrote :
Se ha corregido mediante el formato y la restauración de datos
yo

I need format my Mac for fix the problem ?

geposted Wed 11 Jan 23 @ 11:51 am