Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Deck on a floated window - Page: 1
Hi there.
I'm totally new to Virtualdj, I come from Rekordbox (and Traktor previusly).
It's not that I want you to solve my problems, I tried to do it myself, I looked for information, but I can't find the solution.
I want to modify a skin to have 2 decks on different screens, like a floated browser: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Browser%20in%20Window.html

Could anyone tell me what exact line of code I have to add to an existing skin in order to make the decks "floated" and have two decks on two separate screens (and a browser on a third screen).
Thank you.

geposted Sun 01 Jan 23 @ 4:28 pm
Unfortunately it's not that easy as adding just a few lines of code on an existing skin.
While the browser consists mainly of a single element (named <browser /> in the skin engine) and thus it's easy to put it on a separate window with just a few lines of code, a "deck" consists of several components linked together.
Putting a deck inside a floating window requires you to "copy"/"move" all those elements inside the window code. It's not hard, but it's not as easy as to inject a few lines of code the browser requires.
Also since the default VirtualDJ skin can have many forms (views) it's also difficult for us to just give you some sort of code of how to move a deck.
However, if you want just a particular look/view, perhaps you can share it with us and we'll check if it's possible to do with "just a few lines of code"

PS: Of course it's 100% possible to have decks on floating windows. I want to be very clear about this. It's not even "hard" if you understand how skins and skin code works. However (as I said already) it's not as easy as typing a few lines of code!

geposted Thu 05 Jan 23 @ 11:23 am
Hello PhantomDeejay,
you write here:

While the browser mainly consists of a single element (called <browser /> in the skin engine) and therefore can easily be put in a separate window with a few lines of code

I have the following question about this:

Can I create a second browser with which I can independently carry out a second search,
So that I can do two separate searches?
For example Search with First Browser in List 1 and search with the second browser in list 2

Thanks Werner

geposted Thu 05 Jan 23 @ 12:14 pm
Unfortunately no.
You see, while you can have many browser elements in a skin, those elements are actually linked together, and in fact it is recommended that only one browser element is visible at a time.

geposted Thu 05 Jan 23 @ 12:33 pm
Explain exactly what you mean by 2 "decks".
For what exactly?
What sense for you?

geposted Thu 05 Jan 23 @ 9:28 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I've made something like this, decks 1 & 2 on one window decks 3 & 4 on a 2nd window based on pro default skin.

geposted Thu 05 Jan 23 @ 9:35 pm
PHANTOMDEEJAY
Thanks for answering.
Default skin, layout pro, two decks. Each deck on a different screen and the browser on a third screen. Separated waveforms, each waveform on the same screen that the decks.
Color Scheme: default. Waveform display: colors. Position: above. Show Gridlines. Jogwheel: Text.
I've even started a free online XML course to try to find the solution, but I don't know much yet.
Thank you.

geposted Sat 07 Jan 23 @ 5:31 pm
Locodog
Would it be possible for you to share that skin?

geposted Sat 07 Jan 23 @ 5:39 pm
I use this - all i need for me...
Click on "A or B" give me the settings (on own window or main screen).
Click on "Cover" give me the browser (on own window or main screen).

With a controller I would rather take the skin from the Reloop Touch.
(Or something like that.)

https://ibb.co/TPd0JxT

You can try to test in a floated window with:
----->
<window class="deckleft" name="deck1" deck="1" color="background" visibility="not deck 3 leftdeck"/>

and use a custom button with
----->
show_window deck1

geposted Sun 08 Jan 23 @ 8:47 pm
WOLLEROSEKAUF
Thanks for your answer.

geposted Tue 10 Jan 23 @ 7:13 pm
I can't find the solution, I tried but I just can't.
If someone would be so kind as to paste some code here. I'm about to give up on Virtualdj.

geposted Fri 13 Jan 23 @ 11:26 am
What have you tried?
Which code where?

I asked -----> "What sense for you?"

geposted Fri 13 Jan 23 @ 8:06 pm
WOLLEROSEKAUF
I appreciate your contribution to this post but, honestly, I didn't understand any of your posts.
What does "what sense for you" mean?

geposted Fri 13 Jan 23 @ 10:13 pm
What have you tried?
Which code where?

What do you want to do with the skin?
What exactly?

geposted Mon 16 Jan 23 @ 8:42 pm
Default skin, layout pro, two decks. Each deck on a different screen and the browser on a third screen. Separated waveforms, each waveform on the same screen that the decks.
Color Scheme: default. Waveform display: colors. Position: above. Show Gridlines. Jogwheel: Text.
If there are more look/views -or possible configs- I don't mind, take just one, whatever, and share here the skin.

geposted Tue 17 Jan 23 @ 1:22 pm
https://ibb.co/nkXwSRT

".....and share here the skin."

I give you all you need.
Try it - make it (self).

An extra "browser window" is also no problem...
It's right at the top of your first text.

I don`t can wrote it all. In some "Skin" you can found:
"<copyright>(c)2015 - DjDaD - Atomix Productions</copyright>"

You can ask Atomix here beforehand if it is allowed.
Or should I do that for you too?

geposted Tue 17 Jan 23 @ 11:13 pm
A picture? What do I need a picture for?
Anyway, I guess Virtualdj is not for me, al least I tried.
Back to Rekordbox.
Bye!

geposted Wed 18 Jan 23 @ 9:18 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Onmd55dg wrote :
Back to Rekordbox.

So Rekordbox is able to show some Decks on Screen 1 and some other on Screen 2 ? If so, how ?
I know Browser can be detached (easy to do with VDJ too), but not aware of showing Decks on different Screens

geposted Wed 18 Jan 23 @ 5:32 pm

So Rekordbox is able to show some Decks on Screen 1 and some other on Screen 2 ?

Who said that?

geposted Wed 18 Jan 23 @ 7:08 pm
Your original post asked about splitting VDJ onto three screens.

Despite getting several replies, you said you were going back to Rekordbox. If your goal was to split your DJ software over three screens, the obvious (rhetorical) question was "Can Rekordbox do that?"

geposted Wed 18 Jan 23 @ 7:45 pm
87%