Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Video crashing system... wierd problem. - Page: 2

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

low-fat-al wrote :
well.. I guess that was a waste.. No one has responded about my problem. I don't know if Superstorm has even gotten the file I gave him a link to. ...

I went ahead and had my computer on auto play for like 2 or 3 days playing ALL my 2000+ videos to check them all. I found around 20 or so that were causing it to crash. I ended up taking the videos and re-encoding them in TMPGEnc 3.0 XPress. All works fine now. I guess from now on I will play EVERY video I rip from start to end to check to see if there is a problem.

I just did a video gig this saturday night using my Ecler Nuo 4 + TCV... IT ROCKED!!!
I was scratch mixing videos all night long and EVERYONE was is shocked. When I was setting up the staff was making comment about the turntables alone... "wow going old school?" .. I told them,"just wait and see.. this is old school meets new school.."

I did make the suggestion about uploading a video to a server where your bandwidth won't be affected and then to PM me the link but I figured you ignored it. Glad your gig went well with the Ecler, sounds great.

geposted Sun 09 Jul 06 @ 9:18 pm
Some more info:
- Playing the file with vdj on my laptop -> 90% cpu -> crash at 1:37
- Playing the file with WMP on my laptop -> 40% cpu -> no crash
- Playing the file with Winamp on my laptop -> 40% cpu -> no crash
- Playing the file with VDJ on my desktop -> 5% cpu -> crash at 1:37

On both the laptop and the desktop set a cue point at 1:40, played normal to the end of the file. The artifacts are visible at my laptop, but not at my desktop.

Found a workaround. If you load the track and wait until it is loaded completely, then play the last 10 - 15 seconds and let it play until it stops at the end of the file. Then start it from the beginning -> No crash at 1:37.

Don't know what causes this issue, but after hearing it multiple times Im now sort of "insane in my brain" ;-)
Ewout

geposted Sun 09 Jul 06 @ 11:00 pm
well... that file I uploaded was one of the 20 or so videos I had problems with.

I decided on that one because I sure you didn't want the proclaimers stuck in your head walking 500 miles.

-----------------

During my gig I had some videos I barely ripped from my latest promo only DVD and I didn't have a chance on playing them before the gig. I was nervous while playing them. But all worked out....
Just a shame that I discovered this now. That means I HAVE to play EVERY track when I load it in as new videos added. Oh well... with my software and hardware combo I very happy!!! :-)

geposted Sun 09 Jul 06 @ 11:42 pm
low-fat-al,
glad you still be happy. I was just kidding. I like the song a lot and I play it regularly.
Have you also tried the workaround? Have you also send the link to dj-in-norway?
Ewout

geposted Mon 10 Jul 06 @ 12:03 am
Ok, very odd. First time I played it, it was perfect. The second time I had to use recover from the crashguard. Will investigate more later.

geposted Mon 10 Jul 06 @ 12:35 am
nvidea card in my desktop, build in Intel 915 (Crap!!) in my laptop.
I found out that it only crashes when you load it, wait until loading is finished, then start it, do nothing but let it play -> crash at 1:37.
Ewout

geposted Mon 10 Jul 06 @ 12:42 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
just use the wmp codec till 4.0 comes out...hopefully the video issues with those mpg's will be fixed

geposted Mon 10 Jul 06 @ 12:47 am
problem with using the wmp codec is that it doesn't respond to the TCV very well...
You can't scratch the video back and forth. It is just stops the video until the record is released to go foward. The sound scratches but not the video.

The two systems I have tested my problematic videos have different video cards. One has an on board video with an intel 950 chipset and the other I use a NVidia 6600 gt (AGP).

As far as the workaround... I already went through my videos and discovered my bad ones so luckly I don't have to worry as much. When the crashgaurd came up when they did crash the program I had to reboot my computer in order for my TCV to work again.

geposted Mon 10 Jul 06 @ 2:00 am
I had the same issue. VDJ crashing (tested and repeated on 4 different computers and different hardware). To fix this is easy, Open config and click on the video tab. Then tick decode while hidden. This will fix your problem.

geposted Mon 10 Jul 06 @ 5:59 am
Nope, still crashes even with that option enabled. If you download sample #2 which I posted and try scratching over the section where the dude is wearing the cyprus hill hat with orange writing, it still crashes.

geposted Mon 10 Jul 06 @ 6:22 am
I have always had the decode while hidden option checked...

geposted Mon 10 Jul 06 @ 11:17 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Ok i have just intercepted the crash on the sample 2 (only) with the beta version and i will send the report to the dev team. Thanks

NB: this crash appears when you move the song by clicking on the songpos

geposted Mon 10 Jul 06 @ 11:14 pm
So djcel, the problem exists also in v4?
You could ask low-fat-al the link to the complete file. This file is uploaded by him on a webserver and could be easily dowloaded if you have the link. The sample you tried is just a part of that complete file. See also his and my experience in this thread.
Ewout

geposted Mon 10 Jul 06 @ 11:36 pm
The sample was enough to test. The beta version of VirtualDJ v3.4 is more powerfull and gives all the data about the crash
;-)

geposted Mon 10 Jul 06 @ 11:39 pm
I sent djcel the link to the full video clip

geposted Mon 10 Jul 06 @ 11:41 pm
It was a vicious crash :-(

It only affects the video thread and so the main part of VirtualDJ keeps stable :-)

geposted Mon 10 Jul 06 @ 11:44 pm
Ok it seems to be a problem with the "video decoder" on .mpeg files so just affect the "Windows MediaPlayer video decoder" to the extension .mpeg (even if it crashes on a .mpg) in order to correct the problem

geposted Tue 11 Jul 06 @ 12:53 am
but once again... you can't scratch mix with you using the windows media player video codec....
not of use to me...
would rather use the one that works with scratch mixing.

geposted Tue 11 Jul 06 @ 12:58 am
I have the latest drivers for my video card...

I use a 6600 GT 128 eVGA AGP

other specs..
P4 3ghz
2 gigs of dual channel
raptor drive for OS
windows XP pro SP2

geposted Tue 11 Jul 06 @ 1:07 am
I've tried various mpeg decoders with Virtual DJ from elecard, intervideo, ffmpeg, cyberlink and maybe a few others and they're all useless for scratching with Virtual DJ, only Virtual DJ's own decoder will function satisfactory when manipulating a deck.

The crash happens in Sample #1 too (both streams are exact dumps of the larger file) but it's easier to get a crash to occur when the file is larger; moving the song position does not seem to affect it from my experience - infact it's quite the opposite, with the original file, if I moved the position to 1:30 and let it play, no crash. If I played from the beginning, crash.

geposted Tue 11 Jul 06 @ 1:39 am
91%