Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Where is Version 4.0 - Page: 2

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
obviously you have your own definition of 'terrorism' then :)

geposted Sun 23 Jul 06 @ 12:03 pm
I'm looking forward to V4, but used V3.4 last night with the DAC-3 and it worked like a dream. So no worries, guys, do your good work and test thoroughly first.

A

geposted Sun 23 Jul 06 @ 12:35 pm
If it is gonna be released during the DJ Expo, that will be some nice days then. Denon has always their DDay at the night for the expo (21 August?). They release some new gear at DDay every year.
So we have to wait and see.
Ewout

geposted Sun 23 Jul 06 @ 1:56 pm
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
dj-in-norway wrote :
its getting very close ;)

Some big dj happening in august... look at the news page ;) When will VDJ4 be released? You do the math;) hehe.. just my guess:)

The last time a staff member gave soon after that other show(forgot the name) - we are still waiting. I think dates/predictions from staff members shouldn't be given - cuz if they don't deliver it will be another backlash like the last time.
This time I won't accumulate any anticipation for the product. I'll believe it when I see it.

geposted Sun 23 Jul 06 @ 6:22 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
xgl_dj wrote :
dj-in-norway wrote :

Some big dj happening in august... look at the news page ;) When will VDJ4 be released? You do the math;) hehe.. just my guess:)

The last time a staff member gave soon after that other show(forgot the name) - we are still waiting. I think dates/predictions from staff members shouldn't be given - cuz if they don't deliver it will be another backlash like the last time.
This time I won't accumulate any anticipation for the product. I'll believe it when I see it.

If some of you would just take a closer read, you'd have your answer....................

And for the visually impaired....http://www.virtualdj.com/news.html

geposted Sun 23 Jul 06 @ 7:45 pm
mp3jrick wrote :
xgl_dj wrote :
dj-in-norway wrote :

If some of you would just take a closer read, you'd have your answer....................

AGAIN - I'll BELIEVE IT WHEN I SEE IT!

geposted Sun 23 Jul 06 @ 8:00 pm

LOL!

Sounds like X-files.... "The Truth is Out There" - "Trust No One" - "Believe it When I See it"....

To a theatre near you, soon.... ;)

geposted Sun 23 Jul 06 @ 8:03 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
xgl_dj wrote :
mp3jrick wrote :
xgl_dj wrote :
dj-in-norway wrote :

AGAIN - I'll BELIEVE IT WHEN I SEE IT!

Hmmm....
Never did a quad quote before.......

Let's just say that if people stopped adding things to the list, it would be a simple answer.
Tomorrow is a very important day.

geposted Sun 23 Jul 06 @ 8:15 pm
It's all good rick/norway - you guys get to test the betas so you don't know how it is to be on the other end waiting....

I read several other dj forums, & ever so ofen I read posts like "i just got my ssl" - on other forums people think that vdj is a joke. SSL is the king of the hill - even non turntablist are getting it - I am just wating for V4 to drop to change perceptions..

geposted Sun 23 Jul 06 @ 8:45 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Timecodes are only as good as latency and whoever is running it. Vdj offers so much more than SSl
I have plenty off SSL user friends that would like to switch but want to use there own SSL soundcard which i believe still isn't possible

geposted Sun 23 Jul 06 @ 8:50 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
A good friend of mine (old dj) ... i had almost convince him about a year ago that vdj is its best choice. i lost him for a while and a stanton salesman convinced him to buy final scratch.
Bad mistake... he is back again and want to buy vdj now.

geposted Sun 23 Jul 06 @ 10:24 pm
Well I was looking for a more direct answer. I am stalled until it's release so that was my concern. We are right back where we started. If you own a BCD 2000 hold off purchasing Virtual Dj until 4.0. You may not be happy with the support .Make sure they did what they said they would. Don't take any chances and if they wan't you to be patient they can be patient also. Make real sure it's what you want. Behringer got us already so their is no need to hurry until their is a real world solution for our problem . I know we did this to ourselves so their no need to repeat the process.

geposted Sun 23 Jul 06 @ 10:31 pm
lol..

Use the FutureDecks software then, if your not happy with VDJ ;)

VDJ4 will be out as soon as it can.. Our guess would be as good as yours, but its getting really close.
Latest stages of beta testing

geposted Sun 23 Jul 06 @ 10:43 pm
Heh, don't rush it guys, remember what happened to the space shuttle Challenger when it was rushed to take off before it was ready? I look forward to 4.0, but the last thing I want is an ill prepared software that doesn't work properly or worse, crashes my p.c..;^]

geposted Sun 23 Jul 06 @ 11:09 pm
@digitalmdj,
you could be right, but it also could be a wrong recommendation.
- If you have a behringer console and your not happy with the software that is included.
- You have tried VDJ and like the features.
- You know the console is not yet fully supported.
- You also know that it will be supported in the VDJ4 version.
- What you also know is the current price of VDJ.
- You also know that the upgrade from 3.4 to 4 will be free for full version users
- What is not known is when this version is released.
- The other unknown thing is, what the price will be after v4 is released

If you like the software and also the price, it might be good to already purchase it, while the price may go up. Mind the "Special internet offer"
Ewout

geposted Sun 23 Jul 06 @ 11:10 pm
You cannot guarantee anything right now. Don't expect anyone to purchase something on a promise from someone who doesn't have all the answer. When it does finaly appear and it's what they say it is . Then I will support it to be used with the BCD 2000. So just be patient and wait and see. You can't expect me to back vaporware do you. As of right now it is still vaporware. You wanted me to be patient now it's your turn. I am here to get support for the BCD 2000 . It does me no good to tell someone anything different and I won't do that.

geposted Sun 23 Jul 06 @ 11:21 pm
@ digitalmdj

I am glad to see that you are taking responsibility for your actions, even though it seems to be half-hearted. It was your decision to buy that controller. Did you test that controller with VDJ before you bought it, or did you take someones word that it would work? BTW, how long did Behringer have you waiting for that controller? You made the decision to buy that controller, no one forced you. Now that you have it, and it doesn't work with VDJ, you want to blame someone else. I could be mistaken, maybe someone at VDJ told you that this controller, worked with ver 3.4. I am not perfect, so maybe I missed that post. Even so, you still made that decision. When I rush, I make mistakes, but I accept them as my own. The software will come out when they see fit, period. There is nothing you nor I can do to change that. There are hints all over the place. If I don't like it, I can go somewhere else. BTW, I don't know shit, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

geposted Sun 23 Jul 06 @ 11:36 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004

geposted Sun 23 Jul 06 @ 11:42 pm
You just need to do some more reading in the hardware forum. Virtual Dj doesn't fully support the BCD2000. And without it The BCD 2000 is dead in the water. So to support the BCD 2000 with Virtual Dj it needs to added. So if you want me to support something that hasn't been developed yet I won't. So we are at a draw here and we both have to wait and see. As for Xylio we have not been kind to them at all. They are never going to come through for us. I own Virtual Dj but I will not tell a BCD 2000 user to buy it with no support for the controller with the assumption that the support will come later and that it will be fully supported. That's when they get angry at you for telling them something that didn't come through for them.

geposted Sun 23 Jul 06 @ 11:48 pm
@digitalmdj,
There are only a few people that know most of the aswers (VDJ management team?). So we could only guess and sum up what we know. That is what I did in the post above. Just sum up what we know and what is not known.
It would not be nice if you already plan to buy the software, but wait until v4 is released and when it is released the "Special internet offer" is not there anymore. The difference in price will be around price of the console.
I also agree that it is risky to push bcd users to buy VDJ. However, if the team is saying that support will be added, I thrust them. Maybe the support for that controller is not 100% in v4.0, but it will be in 4.1 or later.
What I find interesting is that Behringer introduces a console, but that the success or dead of this console is dependant of another software company. Compare it with this imaginary situation. Apple introduces the ipod, but the software delivered to get content (itunes) is so terrible that the dead or the success of this ipod is dependant of a music service created by Microsoft...
Ewout

geposted Mon 24 Jul 06 @ 12:04 am
59%